Silver Lining to Last Night's Loss

8 minutes ago, wilkie said:

Watched the game again today.   I really did not think Scandrick had a bad game.   I felt like Bellachek was going to tie up Kelce and I was hoping that Sammy Watkins would pick up the slack.  It did not happen.   Whether Mahomes didn't see him in his progressions,  or for whatever other reason,   Sammy only had two catches.   Disappointed.

Scandrick has not been bad after an rough start.

If they cant get pressure on the qb from our front 7 then any cb will look to be bad. That said getting Peterson would be great and give the cb added depth too. Wonder if Scandrick can play better slot than Nelson as an example.

The Defense was atrocious but that interception that put the ball on the 4 yard line for NE and the missed opportunity to put points on the board before half not to mention the 2 easy walk in TD's overthrown did not help anything.   I am in no way making excuses for that D because we still gave up a quarter mile of offense but we lost by 3 to an almost completely healthy team in Foxboro while giving them 4 extra days to prepare.   Half of our D was out and almost half of our O line was out too.   

No need to cry over spilt milk.   We proved we belonged and we saw Mahomes work through the jitters to will this team to a near victory.   Had we allowed Gronk to score I have full confidence we would have been able to march down the field in 45 seconds at the end.   Our season is looking bright even with this stinking defense!

Jordan Lucas is a mini revelation and Scandrick hasn't been bad.  Nelson has been the one looking rough these past couple weeks.  Speaks got to play in a big time game and outside of the dumb mistake didn't look terrible.  He learned a great lesson and got some big time game experience.   Lots of positives to take away from this loss.   

One thing is for sure our Offense is down right scary. 

Mahomes had open receivers all night....The problem was on the other side of the ball.

I agree with the "bellichek had 10 days, Homefield and Berry and Houston were out...mentality"

A healthy Houston and Berry and Aroowhead Stadium will swing this 180 degrees in the Playoff.

w

13 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Scandrick has not been bad after an rough start.

If they cant get pressure on the qb from our front 7 then any cb will look to be bad. That said getting Peterson would be great and give the cb added depth too. Wonder if Scandrick can play better slot than Nelson as an example.

Uh, no. Scandrick absolutely, positively cannot handle double moves.

WAAAAAY too stiff. But Scandrick would be good depth, and could come in and play the outside DB in Dime. That would slide Nelson and Fuller inside, with Peterson and Scandrick on the outside.

59 minutes ago, West said:

Mahomes had open receivers all night....The problem was on the other side of the ball.

I agree with the "bellichek had 10 days, Homefield and Berry and Houston were out...mentality"

A healthy Houston and Berry and Aroowhead Stadium will swing this 180 degrees in the Playoff.

w

I think we that game by 14 at home. 

2 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I think we that game by 14 at home. 

I don't. Until we can effectively stop the run, we have a 50/50 chance of winning/losing.

Everyone knows how to beat the chiefs:

1. Run the ball.

2. When we stack the box to TRY and stop the run, get our DB's in one on one, and throw the ball to TE or the RB's out of the backfield.

Pretty easy gameplan, huh?

5 minutes ago, artsy said:

I don't. Until we can effectively stop the run, we have a 50/50 chance of winning/losing.

Everyone knows how to beat the chiefs:

1. Run the ball.

2. When we stack the box to TRY and stop the run, get our DB's in one on one, and throw the ball to TE or the RB's out of the backfield.

Pretty easy gameplan, huh?

Well if everyone knows how to do it and it's an easy game plan then why are we 5-1 with the loan loss being against one of the best teams in the NFL on a last second field goal on the road? 

17 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Well if everyone knows how to do it and it's an easy game plan then why are we 5-1 with the loan loss being against one of the best teams in the NFL on a last second field goal on the road? 

Because they're stupid???

Vance Joesph is about to be fired for his decisions and Jacksonville got behind due to turnovers and Blake Bortles.

Let me ask you this: How would you go about beating the chiefs?

Would you...AIR it out?

Or, would you run the ball?

I would be willing to guess that the Bengals employ the same gameplan we saw with the Pats. If not, Marvin Lewis should be on the hot seat with Vance Joeseph.

IMO, playing at home doesn't change Bob Sutton's scheme nor does it make Hitchens/Ragland tackle better or run faster.....Does it?

6 minutes ago, artsy said:

Vance Joesph is about to be fired for his decisions and Jacksonville got behind due to turnovers and Blake Bortles.

Would you...AIR it out?

I would be willing to guess that the Bengals employ the same gameplan we saw with the Pats. If not, Marvin Lewis should be on the hot seat with Vance Joeseph.

IMO, playing at home doesn't change Bob Sutton's scheme nor does it make Hitchens/Ragland tackle better or run faster.....Does it?

The team that did beat us aired it out also.  And scored 43 points.  With the best quarterback in the history of the NFL.  What do you think the key to beating the Patriots is?  Stopping Sony Michel? You gameplan for Brady and try to make Michel beat you when you play the Patriots.

But I do get it.  Our defense has been poor.  Really poor.  But we scored 31 points in the second half at Foxborough.  After a rough start with a wet behind the ears quarterback.  I think we win at home.  I think at home we don't make some of the mistakes we did on the road.  It's an opinion.  But I don't think it's nuts to think swapping fields changes the outcome of such a close game. 

2 hours ago, artsy said:

Would you...AIR it out?

Apparently every coach we have played so far should be on the hot seat. The lone coach who figured out how to beat us needed the GOAT, home field advantage and a last second FG to do it.  Heck we’ve blown out half the teams on our schedule  

This isn’t high school football, coaching is a lot more complex at this level than 1 means run and 2 means pass. 

But the Bengals are probably the most well rounded team we’ve played so far on both sides of the ball (Chargers are right there) which does present a unique challenge. This is a huge game in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, West said:

I hear you Art...  we need to force at 3-4 punts per game.

If the defense is even "average" our Offense can carry the load.

w

Yes, sir. If we can force at least 2 punts a half, I think we can beat anyone.

Geez, that is not asking for much from this god awful defense.

4 hours ago, West said:

w

That will never happen since they own the head to head tie breaker on you now.

Patriots Schedule:  I think we are looking at them going 11-5 as they will lose 3 of the BOLD Games...

18 minutes ago, West said:

Patriots Schedule:  I think we are looking at them going 11-5 as they will lose 3 of the BOLD Games...

Sunday
Oct 21
12:00 PM
New England Patriots at Chicago Bears
Soldier Field - ChicagoIL

Monday
Oct 29
8:15 PM
New England Patriots at Buffalo Bills (Monday Night Football) (Thurman Thomas Jersey Retirement Ceremony)
New Era Field - Orchard ParkNY

Sunday
Nov 04
8:20 PM
Green Bay Packers at New England Patriots (Sunday Night Football)
Gillette Stadium - FoxboroughMA

Sunday
Nov 11
12:00 PM
New England Patriots at Tennessee Titans
Nissan Stadium - NashvilleTN

Sunday
Nov 25
1:00 PM
New England Patriots at New York Jets
MetLife Stadium - East RutherfordNJ

Sunday
Dec 02
4:25 PM
Minnesota Vikings at New England Patriots

Sunday
Dec 09
New England Patriots at Miami Dolphins
Hard Rock Stadium - Miami GardensFL

Sunday
Dec 16
4:25 PM
New England Patriots at Pittsburgh Steelers
Heinz Field - PittsburghPA

Sunday
Dec 23
Buffalo Bills at New England Patriots

Sunday
Dec 30
New York Jets at New England Patriots

Damn!

They could possibly run the table with this schedule!

NE is a game down to the Chiefs and have the tougher schedule.  It's still possible the the Chiefs could have the best record.  KC will be underdogs to LAR and probably will lose a few more.  11-5 is very doable.  12-4 or better is possible.  If they win over LAC, they win the division and get one home game.  If Houston comes back soon and Berry gets back in time for LAC and SEA, the Chiefs will be just fine when it comes to playoff time.

38 minutes ago, jetlord said:

NE is a game down to the Chiefs and have the tougher schedule.  It's still possible the the Chiefs could have the best record.  KC will be underdogs to LAR and probably will lose a few more.  11-5 is very doable.  12-4 or better is possible.  If they win over LAC, they win the division and get one home game.  If Houston comes back soon and Berry gets back in time for LAC and SEA, the Chiefs will be just fine when it comes to playoff time.

To be 11-5, we'd have to go 6-4 the rest of the way.  I don't see that happening with 6 of our remaining games being against the Seahawks, Browns,  Broncos, Cardinals and two against the Raiders.  Plus the Ravens and they lost to the Browns. 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

To be 11-5, we'd have to go 6-4 the rest of the way.  I don't see that happening with 6 of our remaining games being against the Seahawks, Browns,  Broncos, Cardinals and two against the Raiders.  Plus the Ravens and they lost to the Browns. 

That's right.  Browns, Broncos, Cards, and Raiders SHOULD be wins.  Bengals, Ravens, Seahawks, and Chargers are winnable, but the Chiefs will probably have a bad day or two.  I think the Rams will be very hard to beat, but are they really better than the Pats?  Having a home schedule is a big help, especially against the LAC, Ravens, and Cincy.  SEA could be tough.  11-5 is just being pessimistic, probably because the Chiefs have let us down so often in the past.  

NE has a cakewalk remaining schedule aided by a sissy division which has been awful for the last decade. Two against the Jets and Bills , Miami once and GB and MN at home. They own Pitt. Vrabel and TN have no shot at his mentor. The Bears will be their toughest game of the remaining schedule. Andy Reid offenses are Belicheats kryptonite. If they win at Chicago expect the Pats to go at least 13-3. They want the playoffs to go through Foxborough. They are no dummies. Chiefs have their work cut out for them. Have to win 4 of the next 5 before the bye. Rams being the only loss perhaps?

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

That's right.  Browns, Broncos, Cards, and Raiders SHOULD be wins.  Bengals, Ravens, Seahawks, and Chargers are winnable, but the Chiefs will probably have a bad day or two.  I think the Rams will be very hard to beat, but are they really better than the Pats?  Having a home schedule is a big help, especially against the LAC, Ravens, and Cincy.  SEA could be tough.  11-5 is just being pessimistic, probably because the Chiefs have let us down so often in the past.  

I think the Rams and Seattle beat us honestly. We may slip up one at home. That's 12-4. NE will get homefield if that's the case. Need to figure out why this defense became so passive when we have two "Thumpers" (as Veach would call it) mounting the heart of our D. Seems like Veach and Sutton have no communication. He goes out and picks players he loves not necesarily catering to Father Time's sissy scheme. Sutton is too blame but Veach chose these nimrods. Hitchens can play much better. Not so sure about Ragland... Never jumped on his bandwagon.

Archived