Chiefs 5-1 In Control of AFC? Your prediction?

Hard to believe. First six games no easy wins. Tough schedule. Four road games. New Young QB. Who would have predicted it?  I think they are 1-5 with Smith as the QB. 

5 more games and a bye. Chiefs win 4 of 5. Rams will be a tough loss? KC is 9 & 2 at the bye. Wow. After that Baltimore & San Diego are the only remaining concerns at home Dec 9th & 13th.. Yes KC likely loses a game they should win but wow.  NO reason KC is not at least 12-4. Playoffs with Mahomes will be sooooooooooo  exciting. I really dont care about a bye week or home field. Just get MR Mahomes in the playoffs and ride it.

So what is your prediction? Lets keep this on topic and not drift to the defense sucks please.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Home field is important so the Chiefs need to win the division.  The only competition is LAC and the Chiefs can take care of that if they win against them at home.  If some of the injuries are gone by then, they should win all their home games.  The Chargers have a very easy schedule with the only tough ones against the Chiefs and Steelers.  I upped my prediction to 11-5 and 12-4 is certainly possible.  One has to assume the Chiefs will have at least one down day, but the Rams are the only game they will be underdogs barring more injuries.  I posted earlier that the Chiefs could lose to the Pats and Rams without hurting themselves too much.  That still holds.

First of all, I pick 11-5 and winning the AFC West at the beginning of the season.

Based on schedule and play of future opponents, I COULD see the Chiefs POSSIBLY losing 3 to 4 more times max. Realistically they could go undefeated or possibly 9-1 over the next 10 weeks.

With that said I will bump my original prediction to 12-4. Winning the AFC West and home field through out the playoffs. 

8 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Probable Wins:

Broncos, Browns, Cardinals, Raiders 2, Seahawks, Ravens.

Possible Losses:

Rams, Chargers, Bengals.

Win one of the three possible losses and take care of the probable wins and we are 13-3.  But I think we beat the Chargers and Bengals.  14-2. 

Other than because they have a winning record why do you think the Chiefs will lose two home games against Cinci and the Chargers?

Cinci has been inconsistent at best.

The Chargers have only beaten the Bills, 49ers, Raiders and Browns. They have played two teams with winng records and were beaten soundly.

I do see the Rams being tough but if they are still undefeated they will be prime for the picking.

3 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Other than because they have a winning record why do you think the Chiefs will lose two home games against Cinci and the Chargers?

Cinci has been inconsistent at best.

The Chargers have only beaten the Bills, 49ers, Raiders and Browns. They have played two teams with winng records and were beaten soundly.

I do see the Rams being tough but if they are still undefeated they will be prime for the picking.

I said I think we beat them both and finish 14-2. 

3 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think we get homefield advantage throughout, and lose in the divisional round in a defensive collapse. Exactly what needs to happen to get Reid to wake the fuck up and hire a DC capable of handling that side of the ball with little input from his HC.

So, you would be ok if they lose in the divisional round if it means getting rid of Sutton? Sorry but that's fucked up. Personally I would prefer they win even if it means keeping Sutton. 

There isn't a team on the Chiefs schedule outside of the Rams that I believe can keep pace. No way we lose at home to the Bungles or the Dolts. However, could we possibly get tripped up by a solid team like Baltimore or Seattle which the Hawks is on their field? I could see it. If we are 9-2 at the bye and we haven't suffered any injuries to key players and Houston and Berry are on the field. 14-2 is pretty achievable. I think that should be good enough for home field in the playoffs because I think the Pats lose 1 or 2 more games.

47 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

So, you would be ok if they lose in the divisional round if it means getting rid of Sutton? Sorry but that's fucked up. Personally I would prefer they win even if it means keeping Sutton. 

Where in my post did I say anything about being ok with losing in the playoffs?

Clearly last years horrific defense and second half collapse in the playoff game wasnt enough to open Reids eyes regarding Sutton. I think losing in the playoffs again and watching our defense let us down, just might be enough for Reid to let him go.

Which is what I am PREDICTING will happen. This thread isnt titled "how do you prefer this season turns out?".

The only thing fucked up I see here are your skills of interpretation.

Archived