Chiefs 5-1 In Control of AFC? Your prediction?

30 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

Or is it possible the Chiefs made Andy, Marvin and Cincy's defense bad?  

I wasn't just pointing the finger at Hands, because that's the excuse everytime KC beats a "good" team......"They had a bad game", or the "bad" Bortles/Dalton/Rivers..blah, blah showed up.

Whaterver, I'm used to it by now. They way things are going now, that paradigm will soon disappear.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, artsy said:

I wasn't just pointing the finger at Hands, because that's the excuse everytime KC beats a "good" team......"They had a bad game", or the "bad" Bortles/Dalton/Rivers..blah, blah showed up.

Whaterver, I'm used to it by now. They way things are going now, that paradigm will soon disappear.

Wins over the Chargers and Steelers are quality- neither of those teams suck.

The loss to the Pats is a loss to the Pats- you weren't skunked. It was a great game.

Denver? Division game- I look at that like a game for my team vs the Browns in their stadium- tough game.

Bengals, jags and 49ers? All started hot but have turned into dumpster fires....

So its pretty even. Haven't lost a trap game so thats good.

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

12-4.  We lose a divisional round home game 45-41.  Offense is there, but the defense wasn’t good before all the injuries, let alone now. 

Not that predictions can be right or wrong, but what three teams do you think we lose to at this point? 

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Not that predictions can be right or wrong, but what three teams do you think we lose to at this point? 

it only takes on hit and Mahomes is Andrew Luck..shit happens and with the history of the Chiefs  even thenakedtimehd0667.jpg would say it would be logical to assume that they will lose to a team they should stomp.. its the Chiefs curse and its there until proven otherwise

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

it only takes on hit and Mahomes is Andrew Luck..shit happens and with the history of the Chiefs  even thenakedtimehd0667.jpg would say it would be logical to assume that they will lose to a team they should stomp.. its the Chiefs curse and its there until proven otherwise

You shut your mouth!  Don't even entertain such thoughts. 

The Cincinnati game was such a surprise from the defensive side of the ball. You could say the Bengals sucked it up but they were motivated to bounce back after a tough loss to Pittsburgh. There was no hangover like when you play a divisional opponent and win. The Chiefs did some things differently in that game and some guys stepped up. I think Scandrick is playing better. O"Daniel looked like a revelation. Lucas has done pretty well. Dee hasn't disappeared without Houston on the field. Ragland is starting to attack holes instead of waiting for the back to come through it. Speaks is getting his legs under him. Jones is showing his potential. Now I do not expect the defense to look this good every week. But if they can just continue to show improvement and hold down the fort until Houston and Berry get back...this team will be an even tougher out. Rams and Ravens are the only 2 games that should even be considered as potential losses. But I think KC can win those too.

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

The Cincinnati game was such a surprise from the defensive side of the ball. You could say the Bengals sucked it up but they were motivated to bounce back after a tough loss to Pittsburgh. There was no hangover like when you play a divisional opponent and win. The Chiefs did some things differently in that game and some guys stepped up. I think Scandrick is playing better. O"Daniel looked like a revelation. Lucas has done pretty well. Dee hasn't disappeared without Houston on the field. Ragland is starting to attack holes instead of waiting for the back to come through it. Speaks is getting his legs under him. Jones is showing his potential. Now I do not expect the defense to look this good every week. But if they can just continue to show improvement and hold down the fort until Houston and Berry get back...this team will be an even tougher out. Rams and Ravens are the only 2 games that should even be considered as potential losses. But I think KC can win those too.

Rams are very good for sure. The Rams have not played a lot of good teams and their division is awful. Seattle is the only decent team. Chiefs have played a much more difficult schedule. This gets almost no discussion from the talking heads. I dont care about judging it by how many wins teams have or do not. Just looking at the teams in general. Example Pitts and Baltimore are both better than their records and most know this. Both have played a tough schedule. Chargers : they point out that they only lost to KC and Rams but the other teams they beat are not good. So now they are #5 and can win it all? Who have the Chargers beat? 

Pats play in a crappy division so they get lots of easy wins too.

Chiefs have played more prime time games against really good teams.  This alone gives them mega confidence and experience under National Attention. So yes they can beat anyone/anywhere. 

42 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Every year it’s, when Houston and berry get back. 

I’ve been Houston’s staunchest supporter.

im over those two. 

You can no longer count on them for anything.

Yup. I've been preaching to trade them both when/if they ever get healthy again..

New power poll I saw.  

Rams, Saints, Patriots, Chiefs, Chargers

i think the two Super Bowl teams are comIng out of that group possibly adding the Vikings and Steelers if Bell does come back. All those teams will win 11 or more games. . 

If I had to bet I’d take Saints vs Patriots in swan song for the old guard QBs. But it’s wide open within that group in my opinion. 

10 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

New power poll I saw.  

i think the two Super Bowl teams are comIng out of that group possibly adding the Vikings and Steelers if Bell does come back. All those teams will win 11 or more games. . 

If I had to bet I’d take Saints vs Patriots in swan song for the old guard QBs. But it’s wide open within that group in my opinion. 

Vikings? Not with Cousins....too erratic

Pitt? Bell coming back, WHENEVER HE DOES, will take at least 3 games to get into game shape. And if you are Tomlin, are you plugging in a guy who held out all year long? Why disrupt the team?

20 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

The loss to the Pats is a loss to the Pats- you weren't skunked. It was a great game.

Denver? Division game- I look at that like a game for my team vs the Browns in their stadium- tough game.

Bengals, jags and 49ers? All started hot but have turned into dumpster fires....

To be fair, the Niners were a good team until Garopp hurt himself on the next to last offensive play they had.  The Chiefs beat them before they were bad.

39 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

New power poll I saw.  

Agree with the AFC but can't count out the Eagles yet.  They could get hot.  I might put the Saints ahead of the Rams just based on Breese and his experience plus the Saints are searching the trade market to make one last run under him.

12 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

New power poll I saw.  

Until this franchise figures out how to win a home playoff game, I can't even think about a Super Bowl.  I know, we finally have a QB, but our defense is a sieve, and I can't shake the feeling that we're going to score a lot of points in January, only to watch an opposing QB with his back against the wall play out of his mind and put up 45 on our defense.  I know everyone is getting excited because Mahomes has exceeded expectations by so much, but I still contend we don't have the pieces to get to where we want to go.  

On 10/23/2018 at 5:02 PM, Handswarmer said:

Chiefs broke the Jags, just like in 3 weeks when the Bengals are spiraling downhill we can remember the Chiefs broke them also....

27 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/chiefs-offense-taking-opponents-distance-155638402.html

yea um ok is right, the week after playing the chiefs defenses are giving up an average of over 30 pointa a game so yes chiefs offense is breaking teams

Chargers next games points allowed= 28, 20, 23, 27, 10, 14, 19= 20.14 ppg

Steelers next games points allowed= 24, 17, 21, 14, 21 = 19.4 ppg

49ers next games points allowed= 38, 29, 28, 33, 39= 32.25 (but have no QB so defense on field alot....)

Jags next games points allowed- 40, 20= 30.0 ppg

Pats next games points allowed= 31pts ( dataset incomplete)

17 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Chargers next games points allowed= 28, 20, 23, 27, 10, 14, 19= 20.14 ppg

Steelers next games points allowed= 24, 17, 21, 14, 21 = 19.4 ppg

49ers next games points allowed= 38, 29, 28, 33, 39= 32.25 (but have no QB so defense on field alot....)

Jags next games points allowed- 40, 20= 30.0 ppg

Pats next games points allowed= 31pts ( dataset incomplete)

Weird, reading must be tough, it was NEXT game, not multiple games.  

Thanks for proving my point, all of those teams highest point total aside from SF being 1 point off was the week after they got lit up by the chiefs.  If you read the article it states as to why because the defense is literally running all over the field. 

Archived