Chiefs 5-1 In Control of AFC? Your prediction?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

You also left off Denver, I’m sure that was an unintentional oversight and not you selectively picking datasets to help whatever argument you have.  

Let me help you, the week after playing the chiefs they gave up a season high 34 to the JETS!

It was unintentional.

Still either way you look at it, it does not support your argument of "Broke".

Example, you scored 27 versus the Bronco's while the Jets scored 34- are the Jets a better offense than the Chiefs? No, we all know that. Why didn't you score 70 on the Broncos then? Game was in Denver. So?

This can be argued ad infinitum.

KC's offense is clicking on a ll cylinders and #2 behind the Rams right now.....enjoy! But stop with the ridiculousness of "the Chiefs broke them".....

33 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

It was unintentional.

Still either way you look at it, it does not support your argument of "Broke".

Example, you scored 27 versus the Bronco's while the Jets scored 34- are the Jets a better offense than the Chiefs? No, we all know that. Why didn't you score 70 on the Broncos then? Game was in Denver. So?

This can be argued ad infinitum.

KC's offense is clicking on a ll cylinders and #2 behind the Rams right now.....enjoy! But stop with the ridiculousness of "the Chiefs broke them".....

It's tough to argue when you don't know what you are arguing, especially when you keep making my point.  First go read the article I posted, to recap it talked about how the Chiefs offense completely wears down a defense.  This also is proven when the week AFTER playing the chiefs that defense has always given up it's highest point total.  So my example was the Chiefs broke the Jags defense, the week AFTER they gave up 40 to a dismal Cowboys offense who scored 2 more TD's then the highest point total they've had all season.  Come on man, represent PG county better than that...

Let me help you:

Anyone who has watched football this year knows the Chiefs can stretch the field.

But according to one opponent, they stretched it beyond a half-marathon.

Broncos cornerback Chris Harris Jr. told Lindsay Jones of The Athletic that his Fitbit tracker he wears on game days showed he ran nearly 15 miles when he played against the Chiefs. He said he couldn’t remember a time when the tracker showed him at more than 11 miles.

“In that game, that was the worst I’ve ever felt,” Harris said. “Just physically, I was drained. I had no burst, I was just done.”

While it’s reasonable to wonder about the accuracy of Harris’ GPS unit, it’s not taking it too far to say the Chiefs make people run more than others. They’re tied for first in the league at 6.9 yards per play.

After playing the Chiefs, the Broncos played at the Jets and were blown out (allowing 512 yards), and Harris couldn’t help seeing a correlation.

“I think there was,” Harris said. “We came out so flat and just didn’t play good. But then, we also played Monday night and had to travel east.”

Four of the six teams the Chiefs played gave up more than their average yardage the following week, so there appears to be something to the hangover that comes after chasing the Chiefs around.

55 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Let me help you:

Anyone who has watched football this year knows the Chiefs can stretch the field.

Broncos cornerback Chris Harris Jr. told Lindsay Jones of The Athletic that his Fitbit tracker he wears on game days showed he ran nearly 15 miles when he played against the Chiefs. He said he couldn’t remember a time when the tracker showed him at more than 11 miles.

“In that game, that was the worst I’ve ever felt,” Harris said. “Just physically, I was drained. I had no burst, I was just done.”

While it’s reasonable to wonder about the accuracy of Harris’ GPS unit, it’s not taking it too far to say the Chiefs make people run more than others. They’re tied for first in the league at 6.9 yards per play.

After playing the Chiefs, the Broncos played at the Jets and were blown out (allowing 512 yards), and Harris couldn’t help seeing a correlation.

“I think there was,” Harris said. “We came out so flat and just didn’t play good. But then, we also played Monday night and had to travel east.”

Four of the six teams the Chiefs played gave up more than their average yardage the following week, so there appears to be something to the hangover that comes after chasing the Chiefs around.

Uhh, Hands?  This feels like one of those "boom!" Or mic drop moments where an argument over a premise kind of ends. Hard to argue when a well respected divisional opponent makes an argument in support of Soonerborn's initial statement. 

1 hour ago, soonerborn77 said:

It's tough to argue when you don't know what you are arguing, especially when you keep making my point.  First go read the article I posted, to recap it talked about how the Chiefs offense completely wears down a defense.  This also is proven when the week AFTER playing the chiefs that defense has always given up it's highest point total.  So my example was the Chiefs broke the Jags defense, the week AFTER they gave up 40 to a dismal Cowboys offense who scored 2 more TD's then the highest point total they've had all season.  Come on man, represent PG county better than that...

First of all, don't ever put me in Prince George's County. Its a shithole full of liberals. Harford County, born and bred.

Second, you missed my point about if the Chiefs "broke" Denver, why didn't the Chiefs score more than 27 on a 'broken' defense?

15 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

First of all, don't ever put me in Prince George's County. Its a shithole full of liberals. Harford County, born and bred.

Second, you missed my point about if the Chiefs "broke" Denver, why didn't the Chiefs score more than 27 on a 'broken' defense?

keep up man, broke would be what they did after the chiefs game, that's the whole point of the article and the whole point of me talking about the Jags getting throttled the game after we played them.  

18 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

Uhh, Hands?  This feels like one of those "boom!" Or mic drop moments where an argument over a premise kind of ends. Hard to argue when a well respected divisional opponent makes an argument in support of Soonerborn's initial statement. 

If that's what you want to see, so be it. 1 man's opinion.

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

If that's what you want to see, so be it. 1 man's opinion.

I'm just witnessing a debate between two posters.  I'm not saying I'm buying the Chiefs "broke" anyone, but see that Soonerborn has provided some anecdotal evidence and a direct quote from a Denver defensive player to support his premise.  You, on the other hand, have provided only your opinion.  I'm like Fox News - fair and balanced.  

1 hour ago, TomahawkChop said:

I'm just witnessing a debate between two posters.  I'm not saying I'm buying the Chiefs "broke" anyone, but see that Soonerborn has provided some anecdotal evidence and a direct quote from a Denver defensive player to support his premise.  You, on the other hand, have provided only your opinion.  I'm like Fox News - fair and balanced.  

I like how you ended with a joke!

2 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

Well, I am like MSNBC- I am going to make my point, believe that point and KEEP POUNDING THAT POINT TILL THE RATINGS INCREASE

On 10/26/2018 at 8:41 AM, soonerborn77 said:

Let me help you:

There is scientific proof to describe what Harris experienced. I am a marathon runner. I ran 3 full marathons in 1 year while running multiple half marathon races in between. The muscles sustain damage that causes release of proteins and enzymes into the blood stream as the body tries to heal the damaged muscle fibers. Doctors can run blood tests up to 3 months after such races and still find these proteins and enzymes in your blood stream because the body is still healing. With that said, half marathon distances is enough to cause this same breakdown and healing process.

https://hansonscoachingservices.com/post-marathon-recovery-why-so-long/

One of my own personal experiences in 2017 was when I ran the Cleveland Marathon in May 2017. The next weekend I had a race on Memorial day called the Freedom Challenge 15k. Its a 9.3 mile race. At this point in my running life I could run 7 minute miles for many many miles. But after running a full marathon I couldn't run even 1 mile under 8 minutes. 

That interview with Harris is an awesome example of how Mahomes and the Chiefs offense is going to quite literally wear defenses out. It will be especially interesting to see how that impacts teams within the division that we play twice per season. Pretty amazing how much running/walking players do in a game. 

Great post.  That explains it well.  It's different than simple fatigue.  Scattered muscle cells actually die and have to be regenerated, which can take a couple of weeks.  Those enzymes, like CPK and troponin, when released by dying cells into the bloodstream, are markers for those dying cells. Even in muscle cells that don't die, the energy-producing centers (mitochondria) inside each cell that are responsible for energy production are depleted of the enzymes needed to do work.  I don't know how long that takes, but I think it is more a matter of hours than days.  Being simply "worn out" is different than the injury that lasts longer like you are describing.

Archived