Jeff Allen - OG

Chiefs signed OG Jeff Allen.

Allen spent the first four seasons of his career in Kansas City before leaving for Houston and a big-money deal. That move did not work out, and Allen was released with an injury settlement in July. He is apparently healthy now, however, and could quickly earn a starting spot.

Just now, Palangi said:

Why? I would rather Wylie play RG. Why bring a guy in that was cut and nobody wanted? Develop threw youth. Wylie has looked good when given the opportunity

We need depth.  Morse is our probably a couple games and LDT is done for a while.  Who plays if Devey or Wylie get hurt?   If he plays well enough to start so be it. I think it’s just a depth signing.

25 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Why? I would rather Wylie play RG. Why bring a guy in that was cut and nobody wanted? Develop threw youth. Wylie has looked good when given the opportunity

Because the Chiefs are short in OL players with LDT out for the season.  There's no guarantee that Allen will start.

44 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

28 years old is not old. Injury settlement with Houston. Played well in KC. Knows the system somewhat. Reid knows him. Good pick up if healthy.

I was an absolute Jeff Allen hater when he was here....until they moved him to center, and he played very good.

I bet he goes right in and starts at center, and they move Wylie back to guard. Allen sucked ballz at guard.

Veach has to keep tinkering with this team. Injuries and lack of depth are the biggest issues this team faces. Some would say its the defense but we had a solid pass rush until Houston got hurt. Once he comes back and get it going again that makes the back end not so vulnerable.

12 hours ago, Palangi said:

Not sure if a depth or starting rotation move. Regardless we definitely shouldn't mess around with the OL depth and spending the roster spot from LDT on another OL is the smart move. He could be the 3rd guy behind Wylie and McKenzie for all I care.

IMO they like McKenzie and kept him in 53 to stop others from grabbing him but might not be trusting him with a role on the field as he's still a developmental guy. 

On 10/16/2018 at 3:02 PM, artsy said:

I was an absolute Jeff Allen hater when he was here....until they moved him to center, and he played very good.

I bet he goes right in and starts at center, and they move Wylie back to guard. Allen sucked ballz at guard.

Your likely thinking of Zach Fulton, not Jeff Allen. Allen had a handful of starts at right and left tackle but played almost exlusively at guard and his last season here was quite good (PFF top 20 guard). He never played center though. 

Archived