Jeff Allen - OG

18 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

He’s literally played every offensive line position in college and the NFL except center. 

Allen was the Chiefs’ second-round draft pick in 2012 and has played tackle, guard and center in his career. 

He is probably not going to be under center though. I expect him at LG and Erving under Center with Devey at RG and obviously Fisher at LT and Schwartz at RT in a couple or few weeks this will be the lineup. 

I think he will play but not this week. He might be a scratch this week. 

2 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Allen was the Chiefs’ second-round draft pick in 2012 and has played tackle, guard and center in his career. 

He is probably not going to be under center though. I expect him at LG and Erving under Center with Devey at RG and obviously Fisher at LT and Schwartz at RT in a couple or few weeks this will be the lineup. 

I think he will play but not this week. He might be a scratch this week. 

When has he ever played center? Allen was one of the most versatile offensive linemen at Illinois which is part of the reason he was drafted in the second round. He literally started at every position except for center. Look at his NFL stats and it will show him starting every NFL position except center.

2012 22 KAN LG 71 16 13                                   4
2013 23 KAN LG 71 15 14                       1 1 0 0 0   6
2014 24 KAN rt 71 1 1                                   0
2015 25 KAN lg/lt/rt 71 12 8                                   5
2016 26 HOU RG 79 14 14                                   5
2017 27 HOU lt/RG 79 12 12                                  

23 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

When has he ever played center? Allen was one of the most versatile offensive linemen at Illinois which is part of the reason he was drafted in the second round. He literally started at every position except for center. Look at his NFL stats and it will show him starting every NFL position except center.

I’m not saying he played center. But if he did it was probably a mid game emergency due to injury. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

I can't provide any data, but I'm fairly confident he's played center for the Chiefs on more than one occasion.  

24 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

I can't provide any data, but I'm fairly confident he's played center for the Chiefs on more than one occasion.  

All good. I just remember when we drafted Allen that his skill evaluation at guard didn't really match his draft position. But then I started reading about how the line at Illinois was constantly hurt and he could play basically anywhere at a high level except for center. Reesebobby is right that perhaps he played as an emergency fill in at some point. It just seems like you and Antsy are perhaps confusing Jeff Allen with Zach Fulton (who was a bad guard that played quite well when moved to center and also ended up in Houston).  In the end if Allen can legitimately play center too, that's awesome. 

23 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

All good. I just remember when we drafted Allen that his skill evaluation at guard didn't really match his draft position. But then I started reading about how the line at Illinois was constantly hurt and he could play basically anywhere at a high level except for center. Reesebobby is right that perhaps he played as an emergency fill in at some point. It just seems like you and Antsy are perhaps confusing Jeff Allen with Zach Fulton (who was a bad guard that played quite well when moved to center and also ended up in Houston).  In the end if Allen can legitimately play center too, that's awesome. 

Ha!  You're correct. I was thinking Fulton.  Thanks for setting me straight. 

Archived