Serious Question: Is everyone "OK" wiht the loss

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because Kelce was doubled it left others in single coverage which is our advantage.

Defense has been horrible from get go and Watkins has yet to get on board. We can only improve in both areas as the season goes on.

Mahomes saw a new scheme and learned from it helping put up 31 points in the second half. Teams are trying to stop him but he keeps going and showing it will not be a sophomore slump or teams having  blue print on stopping him.

A  loss is never okay to me.

I mean Mahomes is basically a rookie, but he's playing great.

Can't blame the loss on him, can we?

There is no way in hell you should lose a game that you score 40 points in.....unless you play college ball in the Big 12. (Which he did..)

So I'm not o.k. with losing....Moral victories are for losers.

Watching how our young QB performed on the big stage in the toughest place to win in the NFL is pretty compelling. Watching our 23 year old RB gobble up the Patriots and 24 year old WR tear their secondary apart just builds optimism we are going to be formidable for years to come. Watching the defense was painful but expected. 

I think most on this board would acknowledge we thought this could easily be a one year step backwards as defense is reworked and growing pains of breaking in a new QB. So losing on the last play of the game on the road to the GOAT and current AFC Champs for our first loss of the season really doesn't sting that bad to me. It's not like we are a veteran team that lost to Cleveland or something.  

Odd for a fan of another team to post this.

but yea I don’t like losing however I didn’t think we would win this game without Berry and Houston.  To only lose by a last second field goal has to make you believe if we had either one of those guys we would have won.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

since its Mahomes 7th game:  Your point?  6 games - almost 1900 yards - 18 touch-downs - only 4 picks.  Dynamic.

some still consider him a rookie:  Pretty much.

he hung 40 on the Pats in Gillette:  Yep.

Watkins hasn't show up:  in first five games with Chiefs (he missed the Broncos game) he's on pace for 70 catches and 870 yards.  Not good enough, but not "not showing up" either.  He'll get better the more he learns the offense and the more comfortable he gets.  Or he doesn't.  Hell, he's a tertiary option to Hill and Kelce anyway.  

Kelce was doubled:  And? He still have five catches for 61 yards and opened up options for Tyreek and Kareem.

Defense was horrible:  Yes.  Atrocious.  And yet the Chiefs are 5-1 with big-time road wins over the Steelers, Chargers and Broncos (on a Monday night) - and almost knocked off the defending AFC champions in their own home.  The expectation is that they'll tighten up a bit - especially when injured players start to see the field.  If not, the Chiefs will win and lose some shoot-outs.

I mean why is all of this okay to you all? Seems like there is a some protection of Mahomes going on:  I'm not sure your point holds any validity.  From what I've read on this board, we're all sickened to death about the performance of the defense, but the inspire and record setting play of Mahomes and Co. is a nice salve.  For now.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

since its Mahomes 7th game

some still consider him a rookie

he hung 40 on the Pats in Gillette

Watkins hasn't show up

Kelce was doubled

Defense was horrible

I mean why is all of this okay to you all? Seems like there is a some protection of Mahomes going on

Hell yea I'm OKAY with it. There is a reason that only one team has a perfect season. It's a long season and realistically everyone knows there bound to lose at least once.

I would prefer to get the monkey off the teams back earlier than later.

They played the team that has been the gold standard of the NFL for over a decade, in their house, with a depleted D which hasn't played well all year and it came down to a last second field goal.

As far as I can tell no major injuries.

Gave the banged up players an extra week of rest.

It showed the mentality of this offense, that they believe they are never out of it. Reminds me of the Royals when they went to the Series in back to back seasons. Not afraid of anything or anyone and out there having fun.

10 minutes ago, Camperchief said:

Odd for a fan of another team to post this.

but yea I don’t like losing however I didn’t think we would win this game without Berry and Houston.  To only lose by a last second field goal has to make you believe if we had either one of those guys we would have won.

17 posts......odd you should complain

41 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Well, none of us expected to win 16 games.  This was foreseeable as a possible loss.  It was a very close game and there were things to be positive about.  It's not like we lost to the Browns. 

Browns are better than you think...

Just now, Handswarmer said:

Because they beat Baltimore and tied Pittsburgh? Or because they lost to Chokeland, Chargers and the Saints? Yes they best the erratic Jets. They've broken the 21 point once against Chokeland and lost.

Not saying they aren't improved, kind of hard not to improve on 1-31.

7 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Yes, they are and the Chiefs will get a shot at them in a few weeks.  Any given Sunday, blah blah, blah.  But a loss to them this year still would have to hurt.........................wouldn't it?

31 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

There you go again.....no comparison was ever made. Geezus....

Any complaints you have about our awesome QB will have an implicit comparison to your "definition of mediocre" QB.  And if it's not implicit, trust me I'll make it explicit.

I am OK with the loss. To lose by 3 on the road in NE? No shame in that. We are a work in progress. We were without 2 starting Olinemen with one out for the year. That worries me. 

The D worries me. Lack of pass rush and run defense is a tough combination. We will be in nickle and dime all year because we have to be. Wish we would go 3 Dlinemen and drop Houston a little more. Let the 3 Dlinemen and Ford go after the QB. At this point in his career Houston is better at covering than rushing. The ILBs are really struggling to cover. Safeties are really struggling to cover. 

I know the consensus is that Houston never drop into coverage, but he needs to 50% of the time and send Rags or Hitch on a blitz once in a while. 

Does really matter with our D personnel. You giving up yards period. Just try not to give up 43 points.

Archived