Chiefs v Bungals game thread, SNF @ Arrowhead

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Jason Whitlock picked the Bengals in this game......hahahahahahaha  

Fellas that right there was a statement game.   We came out of that NE lose fired up!   If we can get those starters healthy on D our D can be good enough for us to win it all this year.     

8 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Hope you're right, but based on what?

Based on the same thing that everyone else here basis the majority of their post, their gut.

To beat the Rams on National TV, for possibly their first loss would set the tone for the rest of the year.

If they play and lose, it at least gives them some playing time and then a bye before they start their final push to the SB.

However, after following the Chiefs all these years, they will probably hold them out until after the bye.

2 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I would say outside of his first few years, Marvin Lewis sucks ass. I've heard people in here calling for heads for less.

I don't think Marvin Lewis gets enough credit for what he did.  Sure the lack of playoff success looks real bad, but he took a perineal dumpster fire and turned them into a legitimate NFL franchise.

He was a great add, but it's time for the Cincinnati Bengals to move forward in a new direction.

10 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I don't think Marvin Lewis gets enough credit for what he did.  Sure the lack of playoff success looks real bad, but he took a perineal dumpster fire and turned them into a legitimate NFL franchise.

He was a great add, but it's time for the Cincinnati Bengals to move forward in a new direction.

Bengal fans were calling for Lewis''s head after the Steelers game last week. The pressure must be immense after tonight.

17 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

And if a Chiefs HC had his track record you would be calling for his head as most fans would. 

6 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

And if a Chiefs HC had his track record you would be calling for his head as most fans would. 

There team has the talent but underachieves almost every single year.  At some point leadership has to be accountable but you are right in that assessment of us calling for his head.

3 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I think even with a garbage D, this team is still showing the makings of a Super Bowl squad if they can avoid more significant injuries.

This is probably what I'd consider to be the 3rd best Offensive I have ever seen behind the greatest show on turf and 2007 Patriots.  Both squads were in it.

Speaks looked good.

o Daniel looks real

jones is solid 

Nelson getting better- had a sure pick 

scandricl and Lucas play tough 

get berry and Houston back and they can do it

and get Patrick Peterson 

players will want to come and play here now!

If the Chiefs did manage a trade for Peterson, how would the DBs line up?  Peterson and Scandrick at corner with Fuller covering the slot and Nelson the dime or would you put Nelson over Scandrick?  Could one of them convert to safety until Berry comes back?   I'm starting to like Lucas a lot and think he could become a starter even with Berry and Sorenson back.

7 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Speaks looked good.

o Daniel looks real

jones is solid 

and get Patrick Peterson 

I like how Scandrick is physical and playing better with each game...but he is no Peterson. We need to bring him here. 

19 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Speaks looked good.

o Daniel looks real

jones is solid 

and get Patrick Peterson 

Lets slow down the praise and see how the younger guys progress week to week.  Could they get better with more time?  Sure.  We'll see.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

If the Chiefs did manage a trade for Peterson, how would the DBs line up?  Peterson and Scandrick at corner with Fuller covering the slot and Nelson the dime or would you put Nelson over Scandrick?  Could one of them convert to safety until Berry comes back?   I'm starting to like Lucas a lot and think he could become a starter even with Berry and Sorenson back.

The announcer tonight mentioned that Scandrick as mainly a nickel guy in Dallas.  Not sure how true that is.  But I would line up Peterson and Fuller on the outside and Scandrick on the slot.  Then Nelson rotates in for those guys keeping them fresh.   Safeties at worse will be Sorenson, Parker and Lucas and at best Berry, Sorenson, Parker and Lucas.   Wonder what Veach will do?   Or do we kick the tires on L. Webb?

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Scandrick would be the odd man out IMO. Still not a good outside guy but getting better than beginning of the year. Fuller likely moves inside with Peterson taking over and Nelson also stays outside as the tough guy.

I agree about Lucas. IMO he would be starting next to Berry if he comes back this year. Sorensen will be cut at the end of the year as the very expensive backup and actually saves some money.

9 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Lets slow down the praise and see how the younger guys progress week to week.  Could they get better with more time?  Sure.  We'll see.

Good to at least see young guys flash potential.  Hardest thing for a rookie is being consistent but if they can at least show their capable that is tangible.  Emergence of O Daniel last night was really great to see. 

8 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

The announcer tonight mentioned that Scandrick as mainly a nickel guy in Dallas.  Not sure how true that is.  But I would line up Peterson and Fuller on the outside and Scandrick on the slot.  Then Nelson rotates in for those guys keeping them fresh.   Safeties at worse will be Sorenson, Parker and Lucas and at best Berry, Sorenson, Parker and Lucas.   Wonder what Veach will do?   Or do we kick the tires on L. Webb?

Probable a mute point since Peterson isn't likely to come here, but my thinking is that Fuller was so effective in the slot last season and with three CBs in on most plays, he would be more of an asset there.  It would be good to have those choices.

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:

Good to at least see young guys flash potential.  Hardest thing for a rookie is being consistent but if they can at least show their capable that is tangible.  Emergence of O Daniel last night was really great to see. 

Yeah, hard to know how much they were caught up in the moment and how they'll play when things aren't going so well on defense.

8 hours ago, sith13 said:

Scandrick would be the odd man out IMO. Still not a good outside guy but getting better than beginning of the year. Fuller likely moves inside with Peterson taking over and Nelson also stays outside as the tough guy.

I agree about Lucas. IMO he would be starting next to Berry if he comes back this year. Sorensen will be cut at the end of the year as the very expensive backup and actually saves some money.

I likey!!

Berry and Lucas would be NICE pair safeties...With Armani challenging for playing time.

Scandrick is playing o.k., but man, he really struggles with any sort of juke or double move. It's to be expected though. He is 31 yrs. old.

Archived