Hats off to the defense

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Wow, he did look good but didn't know he was this good. Those are shutdown numbers 

Pressure has been better the past few games. Ford looks great on the left side. Leave him there. Speaks seems to be ok so fart. Let Houston move around when he comes back.  

4 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Big Leads are the reason the run defense looks a little better. Forcing teams out of a ball control approach.

Chiefs defense ranks 13th in the NFL in least number of rushing attempts against them.

Chiefs defense leads the league in Passing attempts against (#32)

Chiefs are ranked 32 in yards given up via the pass  but are 15th in TDs allowed via the pass.

8 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Chiefs defense ranks 13th in the NFL in least number of rushing attempts against them.

Chiefs are ranked 32 in yards given up via the pass  but are 15th in TDs allowed via the pass.

Yardage stats can be very misleading especially when you have had a lot of big leads. Two stats I find most compelling with research I've done are YPA passing offense and defense. And the DVOA offensive and defensive efficiency numbers where you simply can't be bottom feeders anywhere and expect to win a Super Bowl. 

44 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I like our chances in shootouts, heck even in the NE game we only had 3 FG's in the first half and still almost won the shootout.  If teams are abandoning the run early and forced to air it out, that's good for us especially if we get Houston and Berry back.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

HANDS in PANTS with more Worthless Stats.

Chiefs are 6-1, the only stat that counts.

over 30% completion rate is "shutdown numbers"?

i stand corrected- in this pass happy league 44% lead the league last year.

That's sad

I don't think its really sad.  Trying to cover an NFL receiver who is the one making the turns and jukes and knows the route, automatically put the CB in a position of having to react rather than stay pasted to a guy. That will always put even the best CB at least a half second behind what the receiver is doing.  If a team's pass rush is not absolutely magnificent, there will be enough time for a targeted receiver to beat the DB the vast majority of the time. I don't care who it is.

19 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I don't think its really sad.  Trying to cover an NFL receiver who is the one making the turns and jukes and knows the route, automatically put the CB in a position of having to react rather than stay pasted to a guy. That will always put even the best CB at least a half second behind what the receiver is doing.  If a team's pass rush is not absolutely magnificent, there will be enough time for a targeted receiver to beat the DB the vast majority of the time. I don't care who it is.

Defensive football ended when Peyton Manning whined about all the grabbing and handfighting against the Patriots- numbers have improved ever since then.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/16/AR2008011603650.html?noredirect=on

Now, ever year more rules restrict the defense and open up scoring....

10 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Yardage stats can be very misleading especially when you have had a lot of big leads. Two stats I find most compelling with research I've done are YPA passing offense and defense. And the DVOA offensive and defensive efficiency numbers where you simply can't be bottom feeders anywhere and expect to win a Super Bowl. 

Chiefs are #1 in overall DVOA this year, at least so far.  Just goes to show how dominant the offense and special teams have been.  #1 in both by a nice margin.  Offense is #8 among all teams since 1986 in offensive DVOA.

Archived