I am a believer

31 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

My name is Chiefsfan and I am a believer.

I was and will always will a fan of Alex Smith. I believe that he could have won a SB with either the Chiefs or SF. However, I do believe, barring injuries, Mahomes will lead this team to at least one SB.

Totally agree!   He is making what is the hardest position to play in football look like back yard toss and catch.   Wow is all I can say.   Dude I'm guzzling the Kool-aid bro!

I remember a lot of NFL analysts were saying keeping Mahomes in the pocket was the key to success. I never saw it that way after watching him play.  IMO, they were underestimating this kid. He's not just another scrambling QB, he's not even that fast.  He's smart and also talented. 

8 minutes ago, qnet said:

I remember a lot of NFL analysts were saying keeping Mahomes in the pocket was the key to success. I never saw it that way after watching him play.  IMO, they were underestimating this kid. He's not just another scrambling QB, he's not even that fast.  He's smart and also talented. 

I believe what makes him different, is he think's and then reacts vs reacting first, thinking second.

His eyes are always downfield and he has the ability when scrabbling to throw it 40 yards which hardly any qb in the nfl can do.  So you can't cheat on him if he gets flushed out of the pocket.   I don't know how keeping him contained in the pocket will help either.   By doing that you can't over pursue which gives him that extra time in the pocket to find his wr's and with Andy's play designed as long as Pat can identify the coverage and adjust the play pre snap there will almost always be someone open.   The sky is the limit with this kid.   I mean he tried to throw it left handed again tonight because he got tied up and on another one he threw it 40 yards with a defender draped on his shoulder.   It seems the only issue for us is making sure he stays healthy and avoids any long term injuries. 

28 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

I had a redskins fan tell me this morning that if alex was still with the chiefs he would be putting up the same numbers as Mahomes....after I stopped laughing I told him to enjoy

average alex because he is your problem now not ours  HA HA

I would defer to the Monday night game against Denver and the defense would rest.

I am not sure of a chiefs fan around who would honestly say Alex could have pulled out that win.

11 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

My name is Chiefsfan and I am a believer.

I was and will always will a fan of Alex Smith. I believe that he could have won a SB with either the Chiefs or SF. However, I do believe, barring injuries, Mahomes will lead this team to at least one SB.

It's about time....

Welcome aboard. Jimmy.

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

I had a redskins fan tell me this morning that if alex was still with the chiefs he would be putting up the same numbers as Mahomes....after I stopped laughing I told him to enjoy

I watched entire Redskins game from Arrowhead yesterday and it’s amazing how similar Alex and the offense is to what we had in 2013.  He’s just not close to the arm talent or natural feel for pressure Mahomes has. But if your D plays well he will get you a bunch of regular season wins for sure. 

Some of the throws he made last night were like watching someone play darts.  I mean, literally, darts.  Like the game you play in the pub.

He has the ability to just "flick" the ball from the elbow, and it goes twenty yards. 

Most people are fortunate to have it travel 7 feet, 9.25 inches.

10 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

For awhile I thought Reid was overrated as an offensive "genius," but seeing his entire playbill come to life with this QB, I'll gladly eat my words.  Plus, he's not going into shell mode with the lead. I'm loving this version of Andy Reid. 

Lousy defense is forcing Reid to stay aggressive. Now he has confidence in the offense and the defense looks a little better.

26 minutes ago, ATLchief said:

Some of the throws he made last night were like watching someone play darts.  I mean, literally, darts.  Like the game you play in the pub.

He has the ability to just "flick" the ball from the elbow, and it goes twenty yards. 

Most people are fortunate to have it travel 7 feet, 9.25 inches.

He even looks good when he is outside the tackles and throws it away to avoid the sack.  It's an effortless no look pass to our long snapper. 

1 hour ago, Biggjliv4 said:

For awhile I thought Reid was overrated as an offensive "genius," but seeing his entire playbill come to life with this QB, I'll gladly eat my words.  Plus, he's not going into shell mode with the lead. I'm loving this version of Andy Reid. 

Andy's been nothing short of amazing so far this year. It really and truly looks like his offense has been held back by the QB. I never really believed that either until I've seen this fireworks show. 

5 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

Is his name phatal?

31 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Andy's been nothing short of amazing so far this year. It really and truly looks like his offense has been held back by the QB. I never really believed that either until I've seen this fireworks show. 

To be fair it's not so much the qb holding it back as it is he now has many more options due to having an amazeballs QB for the first time.  No many QBs could execute his offense like this.  In my mind only 1 current QB and that's Rodgers.

Archived