Race for Homefield

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Pats are likely to go 13-3 after escaping the Bears yesterday so getting home field for the Chiefs means not losing a single game with the possible exception of the Rams.  It's doable, but unlikely that they don't slip up at least once.  Top priority is beating the Chargers in Dec.  That should clinch division win and first week bye in the playoffs.  It's hard to see any other team, except the Pats, having a better record unless the Chargers nearly win out and beat the Chiefs.  Don't count them out.  Their only two losses were to teams with a combined 13-1 record.

12 minutes ago, jetlord said:

It's hard to see any other team, except the Pats, having a better record unless the Chargers nearly win out and beat the Chiefs.  Don't count them out.  Their only two losses were to teams with a combined 13-1 record.

On the flip side, their five wins have come against teams that were 1-5, 1-6, 2-5, 3-4 and 2-4-1. 

25 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

It's the Chargers. 

Rivers has a special way of making game or season killing mistakes.  But they just might be the best all around team and that Thursday night game just might be for division title and likely 1 or 2 seed. Beating them in week one really looms large as it stands with essentially a two game lead. 

9 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Rivers has a special way of making game or season killing mistakes.  But they just might be the best all around team and that Thursday night game just might be for division title and likely 1 or 2 seed. Beating them in week one really looms large as it stands with essentially a two game lead. 

They have beat nobody. They have not played pressure games in so long. KC has been under the prime lights all season long. KC has the experience and SD must beat KC in KC if they are somehow still in it. Correct Rivers will make a stupid turnover when it matters most. His career is made from garbage time comeback attempts.

3 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

At this point I legitimately believe our season ends either (a) in Foxboro or (b) in a SB loss to the Rams

KC was clearly the better team against the Pats. No doubt. Both defenses stunk it up. Mahomes is gaining experience by the minute. The tide has turned.

38 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

KC was clearly the better team against the Pats. No doubt. Both defenses stunk it up. Mahomes is gaining experience by the minute. The tide has turned.

I agree. The Pats played a nearly flawless game (no penalties, punts and one turnover) and still barely beat us. 

49 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

They have beat nobody. They have not played pressure games in so long. KC has been under the prime lights all season long. KC has the experience and SD must beat KC in KC if they are somehow still in it. Correct Rivers will make a stupid turnover when it matters most. His career is made from garbage time comeback attempts.

Watching them I see a personally see a good well rounded team that’s about to get Bosa back although you make a valid point. And they constantly seem to have special teams issues so that’s something to watch too. 

13 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Watching them I see a personally see a good well rounded team that’s about to get Bosa back although you make a valid point. And they constantly seem to have special teams issues so that’s something to watch too. 

Yea, the bolts don't scare me because of Reid vs. Anthony Lynn.

However, I'm not so comfortable with this Bronco game coming up. They are playing for their playoff lives and ole Vance Josephs' seat is not only hot...but on literally on fire!

We're gonna get Denver's best shot AGAIN.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

We weren't clearly the better team; maybe in the second half.  I think we win in Arrowhead in a rematch.  I think we COULD win in a rematch in Foxboro.

I think we could take all comers in Arrowhead but I wouldn't put it past us to blow a shootout to, say, Pittsburgh.

29 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

There’s no doubt this defense is far better feeding off the home crowd too. Through three home games we are giving up less than 6 PPG in the first half and essentially coasting to easy wins from there so far. 

Yes, we are DEFINITELY built to play at home, both on offense and defense.  Offense - we have a quiet crowd to hear the play calls and make adjustments rather than the pressure we saw in Denver and NE.  Defense - we manage to get after the QB far better at home for whatever reason, our guys have just played better.

1 minute ago, Adamixoye said:

We weren't clearly the better team; maybe in the second half.  I think we win in Arrowhead in a rematch.  I think we COULD win in a rematch in Foxboro.

I think we could take all comers in Arrowhead but I wouldn't put it past us to blow a shootout to, say, Pittsburgh.

I think we win "going away" with Eric Berry. He's been a gronk killer whenever he's health.

31 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yea, the bolts don't scare me because of Reid vs. Anthony Lynn.

However, I'm not so comfortable with this Bronco game coming up. They are playing for their playoff lives and ole Vance Josephs' seat is not only hot...but on literally on fire!

We're gonna get Denver's best shot AGAIN.

Mahomes 2-0 vs Denver in their house. More experienced and use to the Big Lights. Chiefs kick Jack Asses Ass at home..

Other than their Thursday night game against the trash Cardinals, Denver has played not bad at home but garbage on the road.  I think the Arrowhead vs Mile High difference cannot be overstated, especially the way these two particular teams are constructed.

2 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

At this point I legitimately believe our season ends either (a) in Foxboro or (b) in a SB loss to the Rams

I think it ends in Arrowhead in heartbreaking fashion. We will get "Suttoned". I think the game against NE is a really good example of the kind of playoff loss we can expect. Its ok because I didnt think that we'd be this good, this soon anyway. We get our defense fixed, and this team can be a juggernaut.

2 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I think it ends in Arrowhead in heartbreaking fashion. We will get "Suttoned". I think the game against NE is a really good example of the kind of playoff loss we can expect. Its ok because I didnt think that we'd be this good, this soon anyway. We get our defense fixed, and this team can be a juggernaut.

I think it is hard to shake this feeling but if we are at home, seeing how some of the younger kids are playing and how pumped up they were at home I feel like even that donkey can't screw it up for us....

38 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

I think it is hard to shake this feeling but if we are at home, seeing how some of the younger kids are playing and how pumped up they were at home I feel like even that donkey can't screw it up for us....

Ive seen every game at Arrowhead since 1991 and the energy of the stadium this year is nothing like I've seen since the early days of the Marty years. Its like everyone can sense we are at the infancy of something special and just want to be a part of it. Very simliar vibe in 2014 with the Royals. 

2 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

Other than their Thursday night game against the trash Cardinals, Denver has played not bad at home but garbage on the road.  I think the Arrowhead vs Mile High difference cannot be overstated, especially the way these two particular teams are constructed.

Their other road games have been blowout losses as well to BAL and NYJ.  I think the trend continues this Sunday.

Archived