Race for Homefield

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

AFC West & Homefield will be decided when SD visits KC.   Both teams 11-2 when they meet.

You're assuming the Chargers will beat PIT?  Maybe, but the Steelers are on a roll and I can see Rivers getting frustrated.  Except for SEA, the Chargers still haven't beaten any really good teams.

54 minutes ago, jetlord said:

You're assuming the Chargers will beat PIT?  Maybe, but the Steelers are on a roll and I can see Rivers getting frustrated.  Except for SEA, the Chargers still haven't beaten any really good teams.

I think the Steelers are going to take care of business.  I think they are peaking too early, but right now they look damn good.

The Chiefs have the makings of a Super Bowl team.

Chargers have PIT, CINN, @KC, and @DEN. plus three easy games.  Finish 12-4 but must win in Arrowhead. 

Steelers play @DEN, LAC, NE  @NO and CINN plus two easy games.  Finish 11-4-1

Pats have games with MINN, at MIA, at PIT and three probable easy wins.  Finish 13-3 or 12-4

Texans at WASH, TENN, at PHL.  Easiest schedule but probably lose one more.  Finish 12-4 or 11-5 

I don't see CINN, TENN, or MIA as a threat.  They would have to win out or nearly so to beat the Chiefs.  Some of the teams above will knock each other off in head to head. So what does it all mean?  It means that KC must win the three remaining games in Arrowhead, which is possible, and the game in OAK to win home field throughout.   If NE wins out or PIT sweeps, the the Chiefs would also need to win at SEA.  Of course, if the Chiefs win in Mexico City, it all becomes simpler.  Funny thing now is if the season ended tonight, the two top AFC teams are in the West Division.  Yet, one has to get the #5 seed.

Root for LAC and NE to lose every game.  Today's NE loss to TEN was huge.  

PIT might as well beat LAC for us as well, either way, NE or PIT are going to be the 2 or 3 seed if everything goes KC's way to the #1 seed.

28 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Chargers have PIT, CINN, @KC, and @DEN. plus three easy games.  Finish 12-4 but must win in Arrowhead. 

Steelers play @DEN, LAC, NE  @NO and CINN plus two easy games.  Finish 12-4-1

Pats have games with MINN, at MIA, at PIT and three probable easy wins.  Finish 13-3 or 12-4

Texans at WASH, TENN, at PHL.  Easiest schedule but probably lose one more.  Finish 12-4 or 11-5 

I don't see CINN, TENN, or MIA as a threat.  They would have to win out or nearly so to beat the Chiefs.  Some of the teams above will knock each other off in head to head. So what does it all mean?  It means that KC must win the three remaining games in Arrowhead, which is possible, and the game in OAK to win home field throughout.   If NE wins out or PIT sweeps, the the Chiefs would also need to win at SEA.  Of course, if the Chiefs win in Mexico City, it all becomes simpler.  Funny thing now is if the season ended tonight, the two top AFC teams are in the West Division.  Yet, one has to get the #5 seed.

Pitts 12-4-1 is 17 games?

Archived