Raiders unloading roster

More news today as the Raiders offence just got even worse. They traded Amari Cooper and now Marshawn Lynch is put on IR.  I wouldn't set foot on a Raider message board but I bet 90% of the talk there is the off-season and the draft. There are some bad teams this year, they may make a couple more trades to guarantee themselves the first overall pick.

When you pay your coach 100 mil you might as well give him the keys to the organization too.   I love Gruden but I think its a bad hire.   I think the time away from the game didn't help him and instead of him adapting he's blaming what otherwise was a pretty talented team for this season.   I though Reggie McKenzie did a pretty amazing job when he took over to flip that roster and they took their lumps and started accruing some nice pieces.    Only time will tell but I don't think this is going to end well for Gruden or the Raiders.....so hurray for us!     

With all the high picks going around towards the deadline I'm wondering if Veach is willing to send a few guys on the roster. In an environment where Cooper brings in a 1st it sure is a seller's market. Don't know about the finances but I wouldn't mind swapping Watkins for a top defender or a 1st which we can use for a defender at this point. 

20 minutes ago, sith13 said:

With all the high picks going around towards the deadline I'm wondering if Veach is willing to send a few guys on the roster. In an environment where Cooper brings in a 1st it sure is a seller's market. Don't know about the finances but I wouldn't mind swapping Watkins for a top defender or a 1st which we can use for a defender at this point. 

While I don't think he is worth the price we got him for, there were other teams in on him too. I still think he will pick it up later this season and really get it going next year plus having him is a very good insurance if Kelce or Hill goes down.

12 hours ago, DieHard said:

Glad I picked up Cooper last week. Dallas needs a WR bad. Feed the man! 

Far Beyond Driven, I’m coming for you!

Bring it.  Your luck will run out, playing the lowest scoring team every week.  😓😀

3 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

This will really alienate the fan base, oh wait they already did that moving to Vegas..... losers 🤣

the real losers are the ones who sell the silver & black face paint and fake spikes for your shoulder pads....that was their primary source of income

Don't the Raiders now have five first round picks in the next two years?  That's a lot of reloading, even if the Bears and 'Boys don't tank this season.  Even if the Oregon QB comes out for the 2020 draft, the Raiders will be so bad next season that they'll get a shot at him.  It's a long term plan.

Imagine you are  AFC West opposing GM looking at the future with Mahomes and  KC in your division. They know KC is in good shape moving forward. Young team, good cap space next year and plenty of draft picks. Future not mortgaged. You must face Mahomes  &  this offense 2 times each year with an improving KC defense. Den & Oak/Vegas in rebuild and Chargers over rated with an aging QB. Must feel a little desperate.

I would suggest  KC has not finished rebuilding. 

Ha HA Ha ........   Chiefs in dynasty position for the next 5-10 years. Good luck AFC WEST .....rebuilding to beat this team is a very long term project. 

24 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I would suggest  KC has not finished rebuilding. 

The offense is good to go with the exception of maybe one stud O-lineman.  There's much left to do with the defense.  Need another pass rusher, ILB, CB, and Safety.  The defense doesn't have to be Bears '85 or even Chiefs '95, but they do need to become upper half before we can claim dynasty status.

Archived