KC Injuries and new IR......Ouch Devey & Smith

Chiefs placed LB Terrance Smith on injured reserve with a knee injury.

Smith was injured in Sunday's win over the Bengals. The third-year UDFA had played 171 snaps so far for the Chiefs' undermanned defense, mostly on passing downs.

Chiefs placed OL Jordan Devey on injured reserve.

Devey's injury is undisclosed. The Chiefs' starting center the past two weeks, Devey did not miss a snap. He had yet to miss a game this season. Capable of playing every spot along the line, 29-year-old Devey could end up being a 

I liked what I was seeing from Devey and he was always there to help Mahomes up after a scramble. Sucks to see him gone. Smith, well, I feel bad but I honestly thought he was the worst player on the field most of the time.

I will say, the oline looks inspired this year. Like they know what they are protecting and take pride in it. Mahomes doesn’t make them look like dog crap like Alex did either.

4 hours ago, Calichief said:

Jordan tore his pectoral and still played through it.

those guys are who we want on this team.

Yeah I know he's a backup but after watching that game he might be my favorite lineman.  He wouldn't let anyone get away with any slight against Mahomes.  Like you said, we need those kind of guys on this team.   He played pretty stinkin good too against a tough Bengals front.  Hated to hear he went on IR.   

3 hours ago, sith13 said:

Not sure how much they like the PS guys but Erving might make a move to OC at this point. If I'm not mistaken he's the only one with experience in there. 

Hell if he goes to center then look at Osemele from the Raiders for LG.

6 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Hell if he goes to center then look at Osemele from the Raiders for LG.

Wasn't that Allen's position?  Morse coming back, if he does, will really help.  It's too bad that the Chiefs can't get through even half a season without the O-line falling apart again. 

Archived