Chiefs games have been a ratings hit on television in ... St. Louis

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/for-petes-sake/article220662810.html

Makes sense. Good Football fans in the Lou showed up at crappy Edward Jones dome, with no place to park and piped in music and crowd noise for years when they were terrible and it’s great that they are still into football at all after the short deal they got from the NFL and the Rams. Chiefs are Missouri’s team now on both sides of the state and the ratings seem to bear that out.

45 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

It's funny because the St. Louis channel still keeps showing the Rams

We got nothing but the Indianapolis Colts and Washington Redskins shoved down our throats for 12 years after the Colts snuck out of town in the middle of the night in 84

42 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Yeah the Fox affiliate does show the Rams but I gotta think that’s because the Saint Louis fans are rooting against them not for them. The Rams leaving was a screw job plain and simple. 

We had the same feelings in 84.

Thats when I really started enjoying MNF- Wings, beer and other teams playing....

1 hour ago, soonerborn77 said:

It just shows how clueless the NFL is

Yep!  How many times have we been forced to watch the Jets or Giants here in the midwest instead of seeing a game with west divisional implications?  They have been better in the past few years, I'll admit.

On 10/26/2018 at 12:34 PM, soonerborn77 said:

It just shows how clueless the NFL is

They're too busy trying to suck every last dollar out of the average fan, while ignoring the fact that a Super Bowl is something no regular fan could afford, it's reserved now for celebrities and people who don't give a shit about football, but want to be seen at a social event.  LA is a massive city, but there's a reason teams left there to begin with, because that place doesn't give a shit about anything other than the Lakers.  There are too many transplants there without local ties to care about the local team, a problem I anticipate the Raiders having in Vegas.  

On 10/26/2018 at 8:27 AM, Handswarmer said:

We got nothing but the Indianapolis Colts and Washington Redskins shoved down our throats for 12 years after the Colts snuck out of town in the middle of the night in 84

Sitting in Vegas and was forced to watch the Foreskins and Gints. If they truly wanted to get the Vegas fans fired up they should have shown an AFC West matchup. But then again they probably don't want to depress them.

Second games are the Lambs-Fudge Packers and Faiders-Dolts.

Watching the Rams & Packers and rooting hard for the Packers. The Rams are just a very rock-solid all around team.  I love Mahomes and would take him over anyone, but jared Goff is no slouch. I'm really wondering how the Chiefs will play against them. 

1 hour ago, qnet said:

Watching the Rams & Packers and rooting hard for the Packers. The Rams are just a very rock-solid all around team.  I love Mahomes and would take him over anyone, but jared Goff is no slouch. I'm really wondering how the Chiefs will play against them. 

It’s their run game that we should be concerned about. Nothing else they do is any better than some of the competitors we faced. 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

It’s their run game that we should be concerned about. Nothing else they do is any better than some of the competitors we faced. 

If Denver can rack up 180+ yards without Freeman, what can Gurley do?  Scary!  And Goff is better than Keenum by a long shot.

On 10/26/2018 at 11:27 AM, Handswarmer said:

Must have been terrible having to watch the redskins 

12 hours ago, jetlord said:

If Denver can rack up 180+ yards without Freeman, what can Gurley do?  Scary!  And Goff is better than Keenum by a long shot.

We need to score a ton of points to have a shot and it will probably happen.  Both defenses will be gassed playing at that altitude in Mexico City, I would not be shocked to see the over being the highest it has for any NFL game all season.

It's going to be a big xii game at its finest....

Archived