Teams the Pats do not want to see in the Playoffs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All are certainly capable of knocking off the Patriots, but I have some doubts about the Chargers and Texans.  Who have the Chargers beaten that are worth a shit?  The Texans - like the Chiefs - always seem to shit the bed in the playoffs and just lost Fuller for the rest of the season.  Makes double-teaming Hopkins a helluva lot easier.  Chiefs, Steelers and Ravens have the horses to beat the Patriots for sure. 

I can see the AFC looking like this:

1st seed:  Chiefs

2nd Seed:  Pats

3rd(Texans) vs 6th(Bengals or Chargers)

4th(Steelers) vs 5th(Ravens)

I personally think the Ravens stand the best chance to knock out the Pats BEFORE we would play them in the AFC Championship game.  I don't see Texans/Steelers/Ravens losing to either Bengals or Chargers sooooo it seems who ever gets that #3 seed will go into Boston.  WOULD LOVE for Ravens to take down Steelers one more time and then beat the Bengals in that 2nd game to take over the AFC North!  Week 16 when Ravens and Chargers play each other could be HUGE for each team, its a Sat night game too.  Regardless I'm sure Steelers/Ravens/Bengals will beat each other enough so that the Texans take that #3 spot /shrug.

On 10/26/2018 at 3:08 PM, jetlord said:

Hate to say this, but I think the Pats end up with the #1 seed again.  Either the Chiefs or Chargers get #2, probably the Chiefs.  Raven could sneak in if they beat the Chiefs,, but a lot of other things would have to break for them as well.

Of course they will.  They have 6 automatic wins a year 

43 minutes ago, omahacolt said:

Of course they will.  They have 6 automatic wins a year 

They might say the same thing when they look at the Chiefs record in the west division.  Sure, LAC are tougher than MIA, but OAK isn't much better than BUF and the Chiefs have owned the Donks for about four years.  NE has it easier, but the Chiefs haven't lost much in their own division.

On 10/26/2018 at 1:01 PM, TomahawkChop said:

All are certainly capable of knocking off the Patriots, but I have some doubts about the Chargers and Texans.  Who have the Chargers beaten that are worth a shit?  The Texans - like the Chiefs - always seem to shit the bed in the playoffs and just lost Fuller for the rest of the season.  Makes double-teaming Hopkins a helluva lot easier.  Chiefs, Steelers and Ravens have the horses to beat the Patriots for sure. 

God damn my fantasy team is getting absolutely decimated by injuries this year.  

8 hours ago, jetlord said:

Raven may not even make the playoffs.  Their remaining road schedule is very tough and they already have 4 losses.

Falcons, Chiefs, Chargers on the road= 2-1 at the very least.

Pitt, Cincy, Tbay, Oak, Browns at home= 4-1 at the very least barring a collapse ( I am circling the Bengals game a s potential loss)

10-6, 9-7 at the very worst.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Pitt, Cincy, Tbay, Oak, Browns at home= 4-1 at the very least barring a collapse ( I am circling the Bengals game a s potential loss)

Pretty much what I'm thinking and 9-7 may not make the playoffs.  2-1 on the road isn't a sure thing, either.  PIT is up for grabs.  We'll all be Raven fans when they play LAC. 😄

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

Pretty much what I'm thinking and 9-7 may not make the playoffs.  2-1 on the road isn't a sure thing, either.  PIT is up for grabs.  We'll all be Raven fans when they play LAC. 😄

Falcons are beatable. Chargers are also. Chiefs game in Arrowhead I penciled in as a loss. The only way Baltimore wins there is by stopping The Offense every other drive, maybe 2 in row for a qtr and for the Ravens offense to be running on all 8 cylinders....

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Falcons are beatable. Chargers are also. Chiefs game in Arrowhead I penciled in as a loss. The only way Baltimore wins there is by stopping The Offense every other drive, maybe 2 in row for a qtr and for the Ravens offense to be running on all 8 cylinders....

Falcons just aren't very good in my opinion. Personally I think the Chargers are a slightly better version of the Ravens. Ravens vs Chiefs comes down to if Alex Collins is good enough to capitalize on bad run defense. If he is you have the type of team that can stay in the game and make it a one quarter game. Your division is a quagmire. Difference between winning division and being eliminated will probably come down a half of game between all of them. 

32 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Your division is a quagmire. Difference between winning division and being eliminated will probably come down a half of game between all of them. 

Exactly my thoughts.  Probably two playoff teams come out of that division but it's impossible to pick which two.  Hard to believe in the Gals after their performance against the Steelers and Chiefs but their schedule is easiest.  The PIT tie gives them a half game lead but their schedule is just as bad as the Ravens. maybe worse.

8 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Chiefs and Chargers are going to handle the Ravens pretty well.  That home stretch looks favorable, at least.

23 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Exactly my thoughts.  Probably two playoff teams come out of that division but it's impossible to pick which two.  Hard to believe in the Gals after their performance against the Steelers and Chiefs but their schedule is easiest.  The PIT tie gives them a half game lead but their schedule is just as bad as the Ravens. maybe worse.

Bengals have at least been able to hold serve and beat the teams they should whereas the Steelers and Ravens both have a bad loss or tie and that could be the difference. To me the Steelers seem to always find a way out of that mess so just based on history I'd give them top billing. But you are correct that schedule suggests otherwise is certainly possible. 

16 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Falcons just aren't very good in my opinion. Personally I think the Chargers are a slightly better version of the Ravens. Ravens vs Chiefs comes down to if Alex Collins is good enough to capitalize on bad run defense. If he is you have the type of team that can stay in the game and make it a one quarter game. Your division is a quagmire. Difference between winning division and being eliminated will probably come down a half of game between all of them. 

Agreed on the Falcons.

Collins isn't the issue- its the Offensive line. They miss Ryan Jensen more than they want to admit, Lewis and Hurst are hurt, got two rookies filling in and now LT Stanley is hurt also...

This division beats the crap out of itself every year....Browns are an improved team, Cincy is always there, Pitt and Balt take turns cracking each others heads....

Wish we could both be like the Pats and pencil in 6 automatic wins every year.....its pathetic how easy they have it every year.

15 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Chiefs and Chargers are going to handle the Ravens pretty well.  That home stretch looks favorable, at least.

Chargers may be overrated. Have had the easiest schedule. Have not played a pressure game in years. Most players need the experience of the Big Lights before enjoying Big Success. Not sure they are playoff bound?

7 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Chargers may be overrated. Have had the easiest schedule. Have not played a pressure game in years. Most players need the experience of the Big Lights before enjoying Big Success. Not sure they are playoff bound?

Phillip Rivers is having a career year.  While I agree that they are overrated, looking like they're going to win enough games to be playoff bound.  Meanwhile, Flacco is regressing.

8 hours ago, FANATIC said:

If Chargers get past a mediocre Seattle team this weekend, they will be heavy favorites in their next 3 games. That's 9 wins with 5 to go. They are pretty much a playoff lock and at worst should be the top wild card team. And they are close to getting Bosa back. They are formidable. Rivers also knows this is getting close to a last hurrah for him as well. 

7 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

If Chargers get past a mediocre Seattle team this weekend, they will be heavy favorites in their next 3 games. That's 9 wins with 5 to go. They are pretty much a playoff lock and at worst should be the top wild card team. And they are close to getting Bosa back. They are formidable. Rivers also knows this is getting close to a last hurrah for him as well. 

I think Seattle will beat them. Again I am in So Cal. They dont even have fans. No home field advantage. Beat nobody so far. Maybe they go 10-6 a result of the schedule. Lose round one no matter what. Formidable....not so sure. Good yes ...... great not so much.

Pats are not any better than the other top tier teams in the AFC. Look at their schedule and division. They are not killing opponents. KC put 40 on them. Nobody should be in fear of the Pats anymore than the Pats fear any team. I think they do not end up the #1 seed. I think the luck factor may go another teams way for once. Put KC in NE for the AFC Championship & KC has proved they can win there. Game in KC and the Pats will not be favored.

AFC is up for grabs. NO elite/perfect teams.

Archived