Teams the Pats do not want to see in the Playoffs

I once thought like some of you guys about the Pats, concerning their easy division. I listened to Petro on 810 and they looked it up. They've dominated just about every division in the AFC, during their reign,  but have had the hardest time against the AFC west. The thing about the Chiefs is whenever they're a good team, there is always one other team in the division, that's either better (Broncos of past), or right on their heels (Chargers now & in the past). 

The Pats have never had that type of competition in their division, but they still have beat a lot of good teams outside their's anyway. That's all that matters when it counts, in the playoffs. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, qnet said:

I once thought like some of you guys about the Pats, concerning their easy division. I listened to Petro on 810 and they looked it up. They've dominated just about every division in the AFC, during their reign,  but have had the hardest time against the AFC west. The thing about the Chiefs is whenever they're a good team, there is always one other team in the division, that's either better (Broncos of past), or right on their heels (Chargers now & in the past). 

The Pats have never had that type of competition in their division, but they still have beat a lot of good teams outside their's anyway. That's all that matters when it counts, in the playoffs. 

The Chiefs are something like 19-1 in recent divisional play.  I doubt the Pats have done better.  Not saying the Chiefs have it easier, they don't, but the weak sisters the Pats play haven't given them an advantage over the Chiefs division schedule.

The key point is the Chiefs in regular season is much better than the Chiefs in playoffs, for some reason our coaching becomes historically bad when it matters the most. Pats on the other hand come up as a whole other team, as if they didn't struggle all year long during regular season. I think this might be the year we break the curse but wouldn't consider it a whole new era until I see it. 

On 10/30/2018 at 5:37 PM, liquidfriend said:

Phillip Rivers is having a career year.  While I agree that they are overrated, looking like they're going to win enough games to be playoff bound.  Meanwhile, Flacco is regressing.

Rivers is having a great year.

Flacco is on pace for a career year. Put up a stinker last week for sure but thats one game.

12 hours ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs are something like 19-1 in recent divisional play.  I doubt the Pats have done better.  Not saying the Chiefs have it easier, they don't, but the weak sisters the Pats play haven't given them an advantage over the Chiefs division schedule.

Oh yeah, I agree in recent times the Chiefs have definitely done well in the division comparatively. I was mainly talking about over the years of the Patriots being a top team. I'd have to go back and look at it, to be sure, but the only teams I remember even giving them any sort of competition are the Jets when Rex Ryan was coaching them, and occasionally the Bills. 

The Chiefs have had to deal with the Broncos & Chargers over that time and have not fared well, especially against the Broncos.

6 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Rivers is having a great year.

Flacco is on pace for a career year. Put up a stinker last week for sure but thats one game.

I'm not going to make any snap judgments off a single game, but I do wonder if he follows the Alex Smith 2017 line and floats back down to earth for a period of time.

The fear of his job going away eventually wore off for Smith.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 8:12 AM, Handswarmer said:

Falcons, Chiefs, Chargers on the road= 2-1 at the very least.

Pitt, Cincy, Tbay, Oak, Browns at home= 4-1 at the very least barring a collapse ( I am circling the Bengals game a s potential loss)

10-6, 9-7 at the very worst.

Oops.  

27 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Oops.  

Flacco is Alex Smith.......Cant score in the REd Zone

Joe Flacco completed 22-of-36 passes for 209 yards with no touchdowns or interceptions Sunday in Baltimore’s Week 9 loss to the Steelers.

Just now, FANATIC said:

Joe Flacco completed 22-of-36 passes for 209 yards with no touchdowns or interceptions Sunday in Baltimore’s Week 9 loss to the Steelers.

Yep. Making 24 million dollars. Just unbelievably overpaid. 

23 hours ago, FANATIC said:

He really is right now.  Hot start to the season and now a multi-game skid, but I don't see the recovery happening in Baltimore.

18 hours ago, Calichief said:

Need a real rb to take some pressure off.

Tiki Barber did an entire "CBS Sports minute" which plays all day long on our local Sports yak station about how Aaron Rodgers cannot win unless he has a "dominant RB" to help take the pressure off of him.....

But I thought Aaron Rodgers was  ALL WORLD and a GOAT, battling Brady, etc......

And Joe is just a smuck, eh? They all need help. Even young Patrick needs Hill, Hunt and Kelce to take the pressure off of him. Look at the crappy QB's thru the league so far- all suffer frpm the same issues-- poor Oline play and bad RB's....

And the loss of Ryan Jensen to FA last year is not talked about. Scurra gets walked right back into the locker room on every play.

Archived