2017 offense vs 2018 offense stats.....Wow

Amazing when you ad in the 2018  schedule vs 2017.

THIRD DOWN CONVERSIONS

Quote:
2017: 39.2% (14th)

2018: 49.3% (3rd)

If you add in fourth down conversions the percentages get even more favorable.

Quote:
2017: 38.7% (16th)

2018: 51.2% (1st)

PASSING 1ST DOWNS PER GAME

Quote:
2017: 12.5 (11th)

2018: 15 (5th)

YARDS PER COMPLETION

Quote:
2017: 11.3 (8th)

2018: 13.4 (2nd)

RED ZONE TD PERCENTAGE

Quote:
2017: 45.28% (29th) 

2018: 69.7% (5th)

OFFENSIVE TDS PER GAME

Quote:
2017: 2.4 (10th)

2018: 4.1 (1st)

QB SACK PERCENTAGE

Quote:
2017: 6.65 (17th)

2018: 3.09 (1st)

And the almighty POINTS PER DRIVE, a favorite of the Alexians

Quote:
2017: 2.26 (6th)

2018: 3.46 (1st)

1 hour ago, Thegoatee said:

The biggest one to me is QB sack percentage. Seems to prove how bad Alex makes the lines look.

Yes. This is before the 2017 offense  went into a shell. Will be interesting to see what it compares like in a few weeks.. Pretty much the same players except for  Watkins.

14 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

The biggest one to me is QB sack percentage. Seems to prove how bad Alex makes the lines look.

Not true. Mahomes is being pressured a lot. The difference between Mahomes not getting sacked versus Smith getting sacked is that Mahomes gets rid of the ball so quick. He also doesn't curl up into a ball and extends plays better.

The line is still giving up a lot of pressure.

Smith was pretty good about not getting sacked as well. Trouble is when he rolled out to the right, he could run or throw it away. Mahomes zips it 20 yards down field.

Plus we had a lot of injuries start happening to the Oline. Like we are starting to see now. But in 2016 it was week one and last year LDT went down week 4.  Morse was week 2 last year.

Those sack numbers are going to get worse unfortunately. We just have had a line for almost half a season for a change.

2 hours ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

Not true. Mahomes is being pressured a lot. The difference between Mahomes not getting sacked versus Smith getting sacked is that Mahomes gets rid of the ball so quick. He also doesn't curl up into a ball and extends plays better.

Watch Alex with the Redskins. It will remind you how frustrating it is to watch a QB not stand in the pocket and throw the ball. Alex has poor vision, drops his head, and runs into stuff. He gave Dallas a good shot to win last week by scrambling out of bounds under 2 minutes to go on 3rd down with Dallas having one timeout left they didn’t have to use. Alex hears footsteps and panics and does dumb stuff that makes teams worse looking than they are.

7 hours ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

I don't know, it seems to me you are mostly saying the same thing, the only difference is you're saying it's more Patrick making a bad line look good, while Thegoatee is suggesting Alex made a good line look bad.  I personally think it's somewhere in the middle, and that we have an average line - Alex made them look not so great, while Patrick makes them look pretty okay.

5 hours ago, DieHard said:

Smith was pretty good about not getting sacked as well.

I'm sorry, what now?  Alex crumpled all the time on plays that Mahomes finds a way to extend.

3 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

I don't know, it seems to me you are mostly saying the same thing, the only difference is you're saying it's more Patrick making a bad line look good, while Thegoatee is suggesting Alex made a good line look bad.  I personally think it's somewhere in the middle, and that we have an average line - Alex made them look not so great, while Patrick makes them look pretty okay.

I'm sorry, what now?  Alex crumpled all the time on plays that Mahomes finds a way to extend.

He was too quick to bail out of the pocket to his right and throw it away which eliminated some would be sacks. He was pretty good at breaking sack tackles. He ran a lot and crossed the line of scrimmage when things broke down. Plus he had one of the quickest release times in the league.

My biggest issue with him was that he wouldn’t stand in there and take a hit while delivering a pass or take a sack trying to buy time for his WRs to get open.

8 minutes ago, DieHard said:

He was too quick to bail out of the pocket to his right and throw it away which eliminated some would be sacks. He was pretty good at breaking sack tackles. He ran a lot and crossed the line of scrimmage when things broke down. Plus he had one of the quickest release times in the league.

My biggest issue with him was that he wouldn’t stand in there and take a hit while delivering a pass or take a sack trying to buy time for his WRs to get open.

I don't think he bailed or broke any more tackles than Patrick has; again, he just plain crumpled a LOT.  Instead of taking a hit to pass, he would take the sack.  He would also run into pressure instead of away from it; Patrick's pocket awareness is so much better it's not funny.  The raw sack numbers are hard to ignore.

16 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I don't think he bailed or broke any more tackles than Patrick has; again, he just plain crumpled a LOT.  Instead of taking a hit to pass, he would take the sack.  He would also run into pressure instead of away from it; Patrick's pocket awareness is so much better it's not funny.  The raw sack numbers are hard to ignore.

Perfect example was last year in the playoff lost to the Titans. He had a wide open Hill but when he decided to run he tucked it and never kept his head up. There were plenty of these type if plays from him. Glad we had him to stabilize the position and get us going but it was definitely time to move on. He will help Washington like he did us but still get the same results.

8 hours ago, DieHard said:

Hunt kind of did the same thing. I think it was line play more than Hunt and Smith playing poorly.

Nah.  It was pretty easy to tell what went wrong and a lot went wrong when a Defense recognized and successfully managed to run stunts up on the front and play zone.  He doesn't trust his arm or what he sees enough to reliably attack the seams in zone coverage, which is why he had a knack of tucking and running even with a wide open receiver down the field.

He's not a very confident passer and it's why he will never win a Super Bowl.  Has already burned through 2 wide open windows.

On 10/27/2018 at 3:53 PM, Adamixoye said:

Lol, yeah that's probably a pretty accurate statement.

Archived