I heard a podcast where they discussed this (Collins to the Chiefs) in terms of brainstorming trades that would make sense, but I didn't hear any actual reporting on either (a) the Giants being interested in trading Collins or (b) the Chiefs being interested.

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

Nice find bro.

You just gotta wonder how stubborn these terrible teams are.  To get him you know they want a 2nd just to be dicks b/c they know if he walks in FA it's only a 3rd

1 minute ago, dksww said:

You just gotta wonder how stubborn these terrible teams are.  To get him you know they want a 2nd just to be dicks b/c they know if he walks in FA it's only a 3rd

If we give them a second rounder it would pretty be much a no brainer that we are gonna resign him right? Thats a significant investment for a rental.

But Parker is fucking killing us.

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

If we give them a second rounder it would pretty be much a no brainer that we are gonna resign him right? Thats a significant investment for a rental.

But Parker is fucking killing us.

I would think so.  He's young enough and good enough to warrant it as well.  The Chiefs have enough cap space to extend Collins and Ford in 2019.  But with Ford, I would FT him so you're not committed past a year to see if he can put 2 good seasons together in a row.

Just now, liquidfriend said:

The hard part of doing a trade in this situation is determining if you can get him extended without resorting to using a tag, than deciding if you want to have over 20m tied to 1 position on avg.

Ford is getting the tag in 2019.

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Collins is the #12 safety on PFF

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is the #3 Safety on PFF

Either would be a monumental jump in talent over Parker and Murray.   I agree with the others that Ford should be tagged this year and I'm beginning to think Houston won't make the cut unless he comes back and dominates in the 2nd half of the year.   

22 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Either would be a monumental jump in talent over Parker and Murray.   I agree with the others that Ford should be tagged this year and I'm beginning to think Houston won't make the cut unless he comes back and dominates in the 2nd half of the year.   

I think Houston has to much dead money to cut/trade until AFTER next season is over.

2 hours ago, Balto said:

I think Houston has to much dead money to cut/trade until AFTER next season is over.

7 million dead money.  Considering his contract is north of 20 mill the savings alone would probably be enough to resign Ford if we wanted too.   He's gone imo, unless he just goes crazy when he gets back and in the playoffs, which I don't think is going to happen.   Berry is the one we can't cut for like 2 more years.  

Houston and Berry need to restructure their deals.  You can't cut Berry and $7M in dead money is a lot to eat on Houston.  100% agree you FT Ford next year and see if he can stay healthy/produce two years in a row before paying him huge $.  

By all accounts, Ha Ha is playing well this year however he's been so inconsistent I would not feel comfortable tying up long-term money in him.  

Landon Collins, I'd do it all day.  That's been my trade deadline crush for a month.  He's physical and has serious range.  Would be nice enforcement on the back-end and a material upgrade over anything with the word "safety" tied to it.  Problem is, he kind of plays a similar role to Berry.  That said, you could figure it out.  

39 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

We don't need a safety. Parker is fine. The scheme which almost burned us for a L in the previous matchup was the problem. You don't play Cover 2 press in those situatuons damnit.

No team plays press man 100% thus we need Parker replaced.  He's terrible!   What was sad yesterday was Murray who is also terrible took snaps from our only decent S, Lucas.   Sutton is a piece of work bro!

Archived