USA Today's Top 25 OVERPAID Players

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

Not sure I agree with that ranking. Sammy makes much less than Berry or Houston and actually plays.

Agreed.  Berry should be #1 on that list.  Watkins might not be posting big numbers, but he's a great decoy and keeps defenses honest.  To those of us who know and understand football, we see that Watkins makes guys like Kelce and Hill better because he's a threat himself, so those other guys can't be doubled.  I consider the Watkins signed to be a resounding success, because there's more to the game than just numbers.  Berry is killing this team. 

44 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

It's a joke. Dee Ford can't be signed at this point. Houston needs to take a pay cut.

Do we even want Ford signed?  Look at his history.  If we give him a big contract we're going to end up in the same situation that we are with Berry and Houston.  We shouldn't gamble big contracts on guys that have a history of injuries. 

22 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

All athletes are overpaid in my opinion. 

Not really.  It's simple supply and demand.  Nobody wants to pay to come watch us do our jobs so you can't even compare it to other jobs either.  Frankly, looking at other sports leagues, NFL players are underpaid.

2 minutes ago, xen said:

Not really.  It's simple supply and demand.  Nobody wants to pay to come watch us do our jobs so you can't even compare it to other jobs either.  Frankly, looking at other sports leagues, NFL players are underpaid.

My point, everyone has an opinion on who is  over or under paid. To me, anyone playing a kids game and being paid millions to do so is being overpaid.

Those who protect our families both domestically (first responders) and on foreign soil (military) are underpaid.

Some say teachers are underpaid yet many parents now days home school and produce better results. 

Again, the eyes of the beholder. 

Sammy Watkins proved today why he was worth the contract to this Chiefs' offense.

DEN always does everything they can to contain Hill and Kelce and having Watkins running free is a better option for Mahomes than Conley or Robinson.

Players like Houston and Berry are not over paid because they're injured.  

Sorry, it's not the same thing as having these huge contracts and being bad players.  

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

1 game....

In the team sport aspect, it's 6-1 in 7 games actually and the one game he missed the majority of was the one we had our lowest point output of the year (at Denver).  I mean I wouldn't take a cheaper useless player like Crabtree, at least Watkins is a threat and other teams have to account for it which opens up the offense even more.  

43 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

It's not exactly "1 game".  He's the 25th leading wide receiver with 453 and is on pace for nearly 1000 yards.  Frankly, with our remaining schedule, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets it. 

Exactly why he was brought in because somebody has to get single coverage and he can torch you when he does.  And likewise he makes our offense less succeptable to injuries. 

Bottom line is if we are going to overpay a player it should be purposeful. Plus the kid is only 25 years old.  

My prediction over 1,000 yards, 8 TDs

Archived