Trade deadline Saftey options

It’s gotta happen!!!  Add and news/rumors you see about safeties being available.  Here are a couple I’ve seen.

Packers safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix is another who could potentially be moved before Tuesday. It’s not that he’s fallen out of favor—he’s actually played every snap on defense for Green Bay through six games. But he’s in a contract year, and the Packers have some depth in the secondary to play with.

Safety Jimmie Ward (playing on an $8.5 million fifth-year option) is another one who’s been involved in trade discussion, but my sense is the Niners would need to get something significant to deal him.

I'd go after an OL as my priority. Our offense is our bread & butter and got to protect PM. D is a shit sandwich and one player isn't going to fix us at this point. Don't get me wrong I'd love to acquire Peterson if possible as I don't believe you ever pass up on an opportunity to bring in an elite CB. But realistically, I think we need to bring depth to OL with our injuries 

8 minutes ago, dksww said:

They haven't asked a lot from him in 2018.  Watch his 2017 tape, with a GB unit that would be awfully similar to what he would be walking into here.

Lets see what someone that has some actual close up access had to say.

(Clinton-Dix) completely fell apart in his fourth season. Other than showing up to practice every day and playing every game, his contributions were minimal. Appallingly bad for much of the second half, especially the finale in Detroit when he just went through the motions. Probably just isn’t that good of a player. Straight-line athlete with average change of direction and agility. Lacks the speed to match with top wide receivers deep and the quickness to cover from the slot. Blew way too many assignments for someone with more than 3,500 career snaps. Couldn’t handle the responsibility of wearing the helmet headset and communicating the call to teammates in Game 7. Little or no urgency as a tackler. Second on the team in missed tackles with 13, 10 more than a year ago. Ranked merely fifth among the six safeties in tackles per snap (one every 12.2). Seems almost delusional regarding his value and role on the team. He’ll get one more season to prove worthy of receiving another contract.

46 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I'd go after an OL as my priority. Our offense is our bread & butter and got to protect PM. D is a shit sandwich and one player isn't going to fix us at this point. Don't get me wrong I'd love to acquire Peterson if possible as I don't believe you ever pass up on an opportunity to bring in an elite CB. But realistically, I think we need to bring depth to OL with our injuries 

If Morse come back soon, the OL will make do.  Losing LDT and Devers is a lot, but the Chiefs can muddle through the next two games.  I don't get the theory that the D is so bad that it's no use trying to improve it.  One player making one stop can change a game and therefore the season.  Two recent playoff games were lost by the margin  of one stop.  Even a little improvement is worth going after, not to mortgage the future, but to make a run this year.

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

They haven't asked a lot from him in 2018.  Watch his 2017 tape, with a GB unit that would be awfully similar to what he would be walking into here.

Lets see what someone that has some actual close up access had to say.

Not sure what last year has to do with how he is doing this year?

2 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

While I agree about adding depth......I think that D is priority.  We can hang with anyone on O but we should remember the Trent green years when we could also score 30+a game just to have the other team score 31+ to beat us!

secondary secondary secondary 

Archived