Browns Fire Hue Jackson

Mloe68

12 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

i think the chiefs would take great pleasure in beating the crap out of a Todd Haley coached Browns squad

Agree. Although I’m quite sure he feels the same way. As does Dorsey. Heck Al Saunders may still harbor ill will for being passed over for Gunther Cunningham. LOL.  No idea who the interim will actually be though. And is it possible Dorsey could look to our staff for his first hire. 

9 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

That one would surprise me except we know Todd Haley. 

Browns fired OC Todd Haley.

It's surprising in that Haley seemed like the most obvious candidate to replace Hue Jackson, but it's justified and obvious based on the Browns' offensive performance so far. Although he was dealing with talent limitations, Haley had done a dreadful, dreadful job through eight games. Seemingly incapable of scheming for Baker Mayfield, Haley could not get Duke Johnson involved and seemed helpless as David Njoku and Antonio Callaway struggled. DC Gregg Williams is now the next man up to replace Jackson, but it's possible the Browns decide to go with senior offensive assistant Al Saunders. QBs coach Ken Zampese and Saunders will be candidates to take over the offense.
Related: Browns

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

i think the chiefs would take great pleasure in beating the crap out of a Todd Haley coached Browns squad

Who is still with the team from mid-2012?  Houston, Berry, Colquitt, Sherman, Bailey, Allen are what I'm coming up with (I could be wrong and/or missing someone).  I don't think the Veach/Reid/etc. care about Haley.  If anything, those guys might care more about Dorsey.

Hate to see anyone lose their job, but what amuses me about Hue Jackson is,  just when he says he's taken over something, he's let go. I remember when he was at Oakland and at the end of the season, he said he was looking into taking over every aspect of the team. 

It's like Reggie McKenzie said " hold on playa, I don't think so"  according to my former barber who is a Raiders fan, LOL.  He says I'm talking over the O-coordinator job or looking into it, and is let go, along with Haley.

56 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Huh, this isn't the best source but I definitely saw in multiple places that it was going to be Saunders:

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2018/10/29/cleveland-browns-to-name-al-saunders-interim-head-coach/

I saw Saunders reported early, then the Williams' reports came out so WTF knows, really.

Archived