Trade Deadline 2018 - Will Chiefs make a move?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Balto said:

God I hope this is the real Schefter!

Ravens are trading a 7th-round pick in 2020 draft to Packers for Ty Montgomery, per source. Packers clearly wanted to move on, and so did Montgomery.

I always liked Ty...Sucks he fumbled

They told the moron to take a knee and put the ball in Aaron Rodgers hands. I'm surprised he wasn't cut. 

1 minute ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Chiefs must really believe in Sorenson and think Berry will be back by playoffs. 

Do we really think that the Chiefs' don't know what's going on with their own players?

Just now, Spfdchiefsfan said:

There are no personal attacks allowed on the board, calling someone a "dickhead" is against the TOS.  Not spamming!

Its over..move on!  But sense you asked...The warning note said Spamming NOT Personal attacks.

1 minute ago, dksww said:

tough to trade for guys with expiring contracts imo

Not for teams that see the window and want rings. I am so disappointed in Veach right now. Mark my words. This defense will cost us a ring. These type of seasons dont happen often. Looking at possible homefield throughout. I thought watching Parker yesterday would really give them a sense of urgency. Almost 50 yrs without a SB appearance.

12 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Not for teams that see the window and want rings. I am so disappointed in Veach right now. Mark my words. This defense will cost us a ring. These type of seasons dont happen often. Looking at possible homefield throughout. I thought watching Parker yesterday would really give them a sense of urgency. Almost 50 yrs without a SB appearance.

I really doubt anyone traded today was the final piece any of these teams need to win a super bowl OR get the Chiefs a ring.

Just now, Balto said:

Hell even for a rental I'd be ok with a 4th rounder ERRRRR

Did KC have a 4th? I am good with sticking to their plan. I think they had 2019 as the key year and are surprised Mahomes is this good this fast. No need to trade 10 years for a maybe improved defense. One player , on this D, unlikely to help that much.

1 minute ago, FANATIC said:

Did KC have a 4th? I am good with sticking to their plan. I think they had 2019 as the key year and are surprised Mahomes is this good this fast. No need to trade 10 years for a maybe improved defense. One player , on this D, unlikely to help that much.

I kinda understood you when we talked about giving up a 1st for Earl Thomas and you said you would rather have a 10+ year starter.  Not sure how you can say that about a 4th round player?  Ha Ha could of gone a long way in winning a Super Bowl this year and giving up a 4th would of been fine by me.  

I'd like to think we did offer a 4th BUT Skins 4th looks much better and Veach balked at giving up a 3rd.

2 minutes ago, dksww said:

I really doubt anyone traded today was the final piece any of these teams need to win a super bowl OR get this Chiefs a ring.

Do you remember that play where Parker blew his assignment in the game at Denver and left Demaryius uncovered along the sideline? Keenum overthrew him. If he hadnt we would have lost that game. Parker did it again TWICE yesterday. All it takes is that one play. So yes improving at one position can make the difference between winning and losing. 

5 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Do you remember that play where Parker blew his assignment in the game at Denver and left Demaryius uncovered along the sideline? Keenum overthrew him. If he hadnt we would have lost that game. Parker did it again TWICE yesterday. All it takes is that one play. So yes improving at one position can make the difference between winning and losing. 

Yes, I posted a thread asking for Parker to be benched.

However does any of this(trades) really matter with num nuts Sutton calling the defense?  Let's let it play out.  Remember what you said earlier this year, if the defense balls out and the Chiefs get better on defense, great, if it tanks, Sutton takes all the  blame and gets fired.

It's a win-win.

This season isn't a do or die season.  With Mahomes' progress way ahead of schedule, the Chiefs can make a ton of moves in FA and the draft and be loaded for 2019 regardless if they get Suttoned in the playoffs or win the Super Bowl.

6 minutes ago, Balto said:

I kinda understood you when we talked about giving up a 1st for Earl Thomas and you said you would rather have a 10+ year starter.  Not sure how you can say that about a 4th round player?  Ha Ha could of gone a long way in winning a Super Bowl this year and giving up a 4th would of been fine by me.  

I'd like to think we did offer a 4th BUT Skins 4th looks much better and Veach balked at giving up a 3rd.

I dont think KC has a 4th?

2 minutes ago, dksww said:

Yes, I posted a thread asking for Parker to be benched.

However does any of this(trades) really matter with num nuts Sutton calling the defense?  Let's let it play out.  Remember what you said earlier this year, if the defense balls out and the Chiefs get better on defense, great, if it tanks, Sutton takes all the  blame and gets fired.

It's a win-win.

This season isn't a do or die season.  With Mahomes' progress way ahead of schedule, the Chiefs can make a ton of moves in FA and the draft and be loaded for 2019 with a new DC if in fact, we get Suttoned in the playoffs or Super Bowl.

It is a do or die season now. We are in the driver seat for homefield throughout. You see the window, you take advantage. Next year our schedule will be even harder. Next the stars may not align. Fuck next year. I never thought we would be this good this soon. Since we are...lets go win the motherfucker. Nope. Dirty Dan to the rescue. And the Eric Berry pipe dream.

Archived