Trade Deadline 2018 - Will Chiefs make a move?

I believe we have a 10 year window.  But we actually have an 11 year window if you count this year.  Its always a balancing act when it comes to moving potential for immediate help, but when you have an opportunity to secure a huge hole on your team and potentially make it a huge strength depending on Berry I think you consider moving a mid round potential pick to upgrade your roster.   These opportunities can be fleeting.   I will also say this year and the next 2 will be a lot easier for us to win while Mahomes is on his rookie deal but we stood pat and we will see.   I just have a feeling we might all look back and regret we weren't more aggressive.   Because Sorensen is an upgrade over Parker but he was hot garbage last year too and Murray is a lost cause imo.   

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I believe we have a 10 year window.  But we actually have an 11 year window if you count this year.  Its always a balancing act when it comes to moving potential for immediate help, but when you have an opportunity to secure a huge hole on your team and potentially make it a huge strength depending on Berry I think you consider moving a mid round potential pick to upgrade your roster.   These opportunities can be fleeting.   I will also say this year and the next 2 will be a lot easier for us to win while Mahomes is on his rookie deal but we stood pat and we will see.   I just have a feeling we might all look back and regret we weren't more aggressive.   Because Sorensen is an upgrade over Parker but he was hot garbage last year too and Murray is a lost cause imo.   

There is probably college teams with a better safety tandem. Fucking pissed...

12 minutes ago, dksww said:

No, it went to BUF for Ragland.

Round 4
Chiefs

Chiefs

Bills

Bills (conditional)

PICK MAY OR MAY NOT TRANSFER DEPENDING ON UNKNOWN CONDITIONS

Traded • Reggie Ragland to Chiefs for • 2019 conditional fourth round pick (?-?) on 2017-08-28

Conditions are unconfirmed.

5 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

It is a do or die season now. We are in the driver seat for homefield throughout. You see the window, you take advantage. Next year our schedule will be even harder. Next the stars may not align. Fuck next year. I never thought we would be this good this soon. Since we are...lets go win the motherfucker. Nope. Dirty Dan to the rescue. And the Eric Berry pipe dream.

It's not do or die.  We have 15 years of Mahomes to look forward to.  When the day comes Andy Reid retires, Elite head coaches will be lining up at the door to interview for the job.  Clark Hunt won't even have to pick up the phone.  The window is open for as long as Patrick Mahomes is here. 

I still don't think any of the players moved today were the final piece this team needed to guarantee a Super Bowl win.  Football just doesn't work that way.  Shit, knowing the Chiefs' luck we make a trade and the guy goes down with an injury in the first game, out for the season.

Let's just let the Chiefs get some players back on defense healthy, pray Sutton doesn't screw it up and roll people offensively.

Again, if the defense is to blame at the end of the season, then we all get to blame it on Sutton, watch the Chiefs fire him, watch elite defensive coaches beg to work here and watch Veach re-load for 2019.

1 minute ago, Balto said:
Round 4
Chiefs

Chiefs

Bills

Bills (conditional)

PICK MAY OR MAY NOT TRANSFER DEPENDING ON UNKNOWN CONDITIONS

Traded • Reggie Ragland to Chiefs for • 2019 conditional fourth round pick (?-?) on 2017-08-28

Conditions are unconfirmed.

The condition was based on Ragland's playing time in 2017 and 18.  It was exercised as a 4th by the end of last year.

10 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

The defense just needs to get to the point where Lucas, Sorenson and Berry get the most reps.

7 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

There is probably college teams with a better safety tandem. Fucking pissed...

I just thought after Sunday it was obvious to everyone ho bad our S position was.  When we are signing the praises of Jordan Lucas who is probably a decent s at best then you know our corp is terrible and we stood pat.   Hope this doesn't sting in Dec/Jan.

Has anyone noticed that so many people are smoking the Rams pole and praising all their moves yet the Rams are barely winning. The teams they dominated are the teams that everyone has dominated, Cardinals, Raiders and 49ers. Struggled against Denver, Seattle, GB and Minnesota.

The Rams are selling their soul and future for a SB this year, personally I don't think they will get there. The Chiefs will have all their picks and cap space to prepare themselves to dominate for years.

Some of you are the same people who said next year is the Chiefs year, so why fuck it up for a one year rental and then be in the same position next year.

The Chiefs, baring injuries, will win the division and host at least 1 playoff game maybe more this year. I just don't see any of the players being traded being the no shit key to a SB.

There's no player traded today that guarantees the Chiefs a Super Bowl title or more playoff success than without them.  Stop the nonsense. 

I'd also like to remind everyone freaking out that Bob Sutton is still the DC, so there's no guarantee he still wouldn't screw things up after a trade.

14 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I don't disagree, but we really only have a three year window with our current cap situation.  Once PM gets paid he'll be the highest player in the league (assuming he continues what he's started).  If the Chief's weren't looking as good as they have thus far (on offense, anyway) I would agree that standing pat would be a sound course of action, but given the fact that this offense can compete and beat anyone in the league with even a moderately competent defense, I would be inclined to go for it now if the right pieces are available for reasonable compensation.  Clinton-Dix getting traded for a mid-round pick?  That' kind of upgrade for that kind of compensation sounds extraordinary to me.  

2 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

I did not see a safety traded. Could have signed Reed. He is playing really well. Losing him over a stupid kneeling issue was unfortunate. 

They're pissed because Clinton-Dix went to WAS for a 4th and we don't have a 4th.  So, we'd have to commit a 3rd and  watch him walk for big $ in the off-season.

That's also another thing people are missing here, don't wanna pay Dee Ford?  Then you dont' wanna sign Clinton-Dix, either. 

1 minute ago, dksww said:

They're pissed because Clinton-Dix went to WAS for a 4th and we don't have a 4th.  So, we'd have to commit a 3rd and  watch him walk for big $ in the off-season.

That's also another thing people are missing here, don't wanna pay Dee Ford?  Then you dont' wanna sign Clinton-Dix, either. 

So we give them our third, probably going to be close to a 4th anyways, plus we have 2 seconds, so it's not like we would really be losing that much draft capital.

2 minutes ago, dksww said:

Could of got a 3rd round comp pick if he did haha

19 minutes ago, dksww said:

It's not do or die.  We have 15 years of Mahomes to look forward to.  When the day comes Andy Reid retires, Elite head coaches will be lining up at the door to interview for the job.  Clark Hunt won't even have to pick up the phone.  The window is open for as long as Patrick Mahomes is here. 

I still don't think any of the players moved today were the final piece this team needed to guarantee a Super Bowl win.  Football just doesn't work that way.  Shit, knowing the Chiefs' luck we make a trade and the guy goes down with an injury in the first game, out for the season.

Let's just let the Chiefs get some players back on defense healthy, pray Sutton doesn't screw it up and roll people offensively.

Again, if the defense is to blame at the end of the season, then we all get to blame it on Sutton, watch the Chiefs fire him, watch elite defensive coaches beg to work here and watch Veach re-load for 2019.

Nobody said that a trade of any individual player would guarantee a SB. Its about acknowledging that this is a superbowl caliber offense and a piss poor defense that needs improvement. 

6 minutes ago, dksww said:

Is Dix better than KC current corners? 

10 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Nobody said that a trade of any individual player would guarantee a SB. Its about acknowledging that this is a superbowl caliber offense and a piss poor defense that needs improvement. 

Change your tune on Bob Sutton then? 

Here's what I hear about the Chiefs and the trade deadline: they talked about Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, but decided the price (would've required a 3rd) was too much for a half-season rental. The Chiefs have been aggressive in trading up in drafts, and that third rounder might end up as a boost.

The Giants were not motivated to trade Landon Collins (who's more of a box safety than center fielder, but still) and the Chiefs were among those interested in Patrick Peterson but the Cardinals wouldn't trade. The Chiefs also asked around on a few corners, but I don't know those names.

All of this, and there is context you already know: they were really close on Earl Thomas before he broke his leg, and they expect Daniel Sorensen back soon and Eric Berry back at some point.

Archived