Trade Deadline 2018 - Will Chiefs make a move?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

25 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

With how much they were trying to get out of Collins in a trade, I'd suspect that the Giants value him significantly and will tag him.

That seems more likely. They wouldn't keep him just to let him walk in FA after a lost season. I think he'll be the cornerstone of their defense going forward.

I think Veach makes a push for Clinton-Dix in FA unless he signed a new deal already, Thomas is also a possibility but likely ends up in Dallas as Jones loves spending money. Either guy would have been great for us this season though.

6 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

With how much they were trying to get out of Collins in a trade, I'd suspect that the Giants value him significantly and will tag him.

That's certainly possible, but if they were shopping him or listening to offers then my guess is they won't spend the money on him.

7 minutes ago, dksww said:

Terez Paylor article on Chiefs standing pat at the trade deadline:

Good take from Terez, as usual.  

While I would have liked to have seen an upgrade, I understand Veach's unwillingness to trade picks and then not be able to re-sign whomever.

The offense is elite, and this team can still win it all.  If they fall short, then it is what it is.  If anything, us Chiefs' fans should know how to be patient by now.  Most of us have failed to see a championship in our lifetimes, me included.  Keep Patty upright and draft a few more pieces on defense and we should go deep into the playoffs every year for the nexr decade, at least.

On to Cleveland.

34 minutes ago, SEMO said:

While I would have liked to have seen an upgrade, I understand Veach's unwillingness to trade picks and then not be able to re-sign whomever.

The offense is elite, and this team can still win it all.  If they fall short, then it is what it is.  If anything, us Chiefs' fans should know how to be patient by now.  Most of us have failed to see a championship in our lifetimes, me included.  Keep Patty upright and draft a few more pieces on defense and we should go deep into the playoffs every year for the nexr decade, at least.

On to Cleveland.

They better look in FA in addition to the draft to bolster this defense. Bone-spur-Berry & the crew are a dumpster fire in the secondary. I would not hang my hopes on a rookie to bolster this D.

50 minutes ago, SEMO said:

On to Cleveland.

MEH what I got from that article is that because KC has money already tied up at Safety and has already used other picks at the spot("Especially considering the salary and equity they’ve already invested in the safety position, with Eric Berry and Daniel Sorensen combining to take up $18.3 million in cap space, and the fact they invested a 2018 fourth-rounder in Armani Watts and a 2020 seventh for Jordan Lucas. ") Means that we shouldn't try to get better?  WTF is that!  

He also talks about future cap space and needing to resign Hill and Jones so would not have the money to resign Ha Ha!!!!!!!  Does he not know our cap for 2019 and 2020?  We will have plenty of money to sign all our FAs and Ha Ha.  Pretty short sides article IMO

2 hours ago, SEMO said:

On to Cleveland.

Yep. Real good story. Veach was working phones and trying to get a deal that made sense done. Bottom line is they didn’t see Dix as a difference maker. He’s the only guy traded we needed.  And we didn’t have a 4th because Veach has always been aggressive. 

Players they were chasing Collins and Peterson are difference makers as well as another we almost had a deal with in Thomas.  The players are here in house to make impact we need and we just gotta hope we get more of that and less more impactful injuries. 

And then hopefully go a long way to fix defense in earnest and long term with four top 100 picks next year. 

We are the best team in the AFC thru 8 games and none of our contenders are any better off today than they were a week ago. And it’s for a reason. Impactful deals are hard to make or justify half way through the season. I think we all tried though except the LAC. 

I would probably give up our late 3rd for sign&trade. We are already set to find a new Safety in the offseason might as well benefit from that right now. Thomas trade attempt showed that we are shopping and we aren't really spending any money in the secondary so no need to back away from that.

Realistically we must spend money in FA for CB or Safety since we can't draft all our needs. We'll see how the offseason turns out but in many cases picks seem to be overrated. 

Archived