Browns game..the definition of a TRAP GAME

Yeah, I don't but it either.  I mean, it's the NFL and anything can happen, but the Chiefs have been taking everybody's best shot every single week and at 7-1 I don't think they lose their focus this week.

If anything, it helps the Chiefs just as much in realizing CLE is a wounded animal backed into a corner.

In reference to the OP with the  example of the 2011 KC vs GB game, that was 7 years ago.  It might literally be the last time a team won a game the week of firing their HC.

Anyone remember another time that happened? 

8 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

No way with a superstar QB. Cleve is what it is....pathetic. 

The Packers has a superstar QB in the game he’s mentioning too though.  Team will probably play much more loose and unfortunately get Duke Johnson back involved. And we know Gregg Williams will have his bounty system fully operational trying to take the kid out. 

This was a game I wasn’t realistically worried about but this scenario combined with reality they do have some talent and already beat Balt and tied Pitt at home makes it a trap type game.  Especially coming off two prime time and one division rival game.  

If we do what we do on offense they won’t be able to keep up. But a letdown game or turnovers change that dynamic. 

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/nfl-betting-analysis-performance-after-firing-head-coach-hue-jackson

2017 Giants Ben McAdoo No  
2016 Rams Jeff Fisher No  
2015 Eagles Chip Kelly Yes  
2015 Titans Ken Whisenhunt Yes  
2015 Dolphins Joe Philbin Yes  
2014 Raiders Dennis Allen No  
2011 Chiefs Todd Haley Yes  
  Dolphins Tony Sparano Yes  
  Jaguars Jack Del Rio No  
2010 49ers Mike Singletary Yes  
  Broncos Josh McDaniels No  
  Cowboys Wade Phillips Yes  
  Vikings Brad Childress Yes  
2009 Bills Dick Jauron No  
2008 49ers Mike Nolan No  
  Raiders Lane Kiffin No  
  Rams Scott Linehan Yes  
2007 Falcons Bobby Petrino No  
2005 Lions Steve Mariucci No  
2004 Browns Butch Davis No  
  Dolphins Dave Wannstedt No  
2003 Falcons Dan Reeves No  

8 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

The Packers has a superstar QB in the game he’s mentioning too though.  Team will probably play much more loose and unfortunately get Duke Johnson back involved. And we know Gregg Williams will have his bounty system fully operational trying to take the kid out. 

This was a game I wasn’t realistically worried about but this scenario combined with reality they do have some talent and already beat Balt and tied Pitt at home makes it a trap type game.  Especially coming off two prime time and one division rival game.  

If we do what we do on offense they won’t be able to keep up. But a letdown game or turnovers change that dynamic. 

Same thing. Browns down early.....Mayfield under pressure.......Sacks and turnovers. 

I agree that this could be a trap game...

I know Dorsey would love nothing better than to beat us. Plus, until we stop can stop the run, I will always be nervous.

If I had to bet money, I would take the chiefs because..well, it's the Browns. But I don't think it's gonna be easy...Especially if Greg Williams is smart enough to just hand the ball off versus making Mayfield drop back 30 times.

They will get the Cleveland's best shot, no doubt.

Right now every game aside from the Rams and Chargers at home is a trap game, I felt like we came out lethargic against the donkeys but really that was just one drive and we proceeded to score on the next 4-5 possessions so I'm not worried to much about it because I like the way we respond.

Just now, FANATIC said:

Same thing. Browns down early.....Mayfield under pressure.......Sacks and turnovers. 

Absolutely do what we’ve done most of the year. Jump on them early and play the game on our terms. We are a better team that’s  better coached  

I just expect them to play with some renewed emotion after letting the dead weight go.  And human nature would suggest an emotional let down from us is possible. 

None of that likely matters against the Cardinals, but again this Browns team has already proven itself decent at home vs playoff caliber teams. 

3 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Right now every game aside from the Rams and Chargers at home is a trap game, I felt like we came out lethargic against the donkeys but really that was just one drive and we proceeded to score on the next 4-5 possessions so I'm not worried to much about it because I like the way we respond.

Yea, you might be right...

Just my inner chief coming out I guess. I'm mentally conditioned to think the worse..CTSD???

(Chiefs Traumatic Stress Disorder)

51 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

https://www.actionnetwork.com/nfl/nfl-betting-analysis-performance-after-firing-head-coach-hue-jackson

2017 Giants Ben McAdoo No  
2016 Rams Jeff Fisher No  
2015 Eagles Chip Kelly Yes  
2015 Titans Ken Whisenhunt Yes  
2015 Dolphins Joe Philbin Yes  
2014 Raiders Dennis Allen No  
2011 Chiefs Todd Haley Yes  
  Dolphins Tony Sparano Yes  
  Jaguars Jack Del Rio No  
2010 49ers Mike Singletary Yes  
  Broncos Josh McDaniels No  
  Cowboys Wade Phillips Yes  
  Vikings Brad Childress Yes  
2009 Bills Dick Jauron No  
2008 49ers Mike Nolan No  
  Raiders Lane Kiffin No  
  Rams Scott Linehan Yes  
2007 Falcons Bobby Petrino No  
2005 Lions Steve Mariucci No  
2004 Browns Butch Davis No  
  Dolphins Dave Wannstedt No  
2003 Falcons Dan Reeves No  

In 2015 the Giants beat the 6-10 Giants, the Titans beat the 4-5 Saints, The Dolphins beat the 1-4 Titans who were about to fire their coach. 

In 2011 the Bills beat the 5-9 Bills.

The 2010 49ers beat the 5-11 Cards.  The Vikes beat the 6-10 Redskins. 

In 2008 the Rams beat the 8-8 Redskins. 

Our Chiefs beating the 15-1 Packers in 2011 is really the only game in the past 10 years where a really good team lost one of these "trap games".  Even then we were a 7-9 team that won the division the prior year.  I just don't see the Browns being able to pull one off. 

35 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yea, you might be right...

Just my inner chief coming out I guess. I'm mentally conditioned to think the worse..CTSD???

(Chiefs Traumatic Stress Disorder)

After 5 straight winning seasons you may need to let that go until January. 

I’d add to me a trap game is when one team can potentially be emotionally charged for matchup while the superior team may be poised for an emotional letdown. Wouldn’t have likely been case minus these coaching changes  

Happens all the time and in this league and it costs you games. Add  the Browns are actually 2-1-1 at home.

So by my definition anyway Browns is a trap game whereas Cardinals the next week really isn’t.  

9 minutes ago, AppalachianChief said:

Stop with the trap game bullshit the people on this site kill me with that shit! Chiefs are going to destroy the Browns and Cardinals! 55-10 Chiefs over Brown. Trap game ROFLMFAO!

Ok..that's how it SHOULD go....probably won't go that way though. It will probably be closer. Gregg Robinson probably already has a bounty out on our offense...

1 hour ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Ok..that's how it SHOULD go....probably won't go that way though. It will probably be closer. Gregg Robinson probably already has a bounty out on our offense...

Yes I agree. It will not be 55-10. It will be closer than we think. It shouldn't,  but it will.

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I’d add to me a trap game is when one team can potentially be emotionally charged for matchup while the superior team may be poised for an emotional letdown. Wouldn’t have likely been case minus these coaching changes  

Happens all the time and in this league and it costs you games. Add  the Browns are actually 2-1-1 at home.

So by my definition anyway Browns is a trap game whereas Cardinals the next week really isn’t.  

Agree, the Chiefs had a much more intense game with the Donks.  Who gets worked up against the Browns?  But I think this team is eager enough and well enough coached to avoid falling asleep against CLE.  There's just too much difference in talent at this point.

37 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

The Browns are an easy team to beat.  Get an early lead on them and make Baker try to beat you. 

They are weak on the edges so the pass-rushers should be feasting.

The Steelers are the only team this year that has caught us from behind after taking control early. Playing from ahead makes a big difference in helping to avoid our woeful run defense getting exposed in a meaningful way. 

This team is fully aware of what happened last season with the mid season drought...they are preparing for these next four games with that in mind.  Don’t forget that after lettin Forsey go, Clark is treating this game different and has made Andy fully aware of the potential embarrassment.  Also...just on a personal note, “trap game” dumbest thing I’ve ever heard of.  Any game you are favored in is a potential trap game.  Don’t make it anything more than what it is...

I think some people confuse a trap game as a prediction of a loss.  It’s not. It’s a more dangerous game than records indicate based on a logical emotional let down on one side against an emotionally charged and talented enough team on the other.  

Archived