PFF gave him a passing grade very similar to Mitch Morse.  Run block grade was pretty bad but overall similar to backup DeVey.  Both clearly scored behind Morse overall.   Really hard to gage from the stadium but it looked like our line was really struggling the last quarter.  

1 minute ago, deltachief said:

Mitch Morse has missed games the last two seasons because of concussions, wonder if it is time to invest in a new center in the draft maybe 3rd or 4th rounder to develop as insurance.

Yep.  Good player when he’s healthy but that’s not often enough. 

1 hour ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I think we have to draft a replacement. As a player, how many concussions are you willing to get before thinking about long term effect's and viability post football. 

Yeah nobody wants this guy to be a vegetable later on.   It wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't strongly consider his options, however the new protocol definitely helps.   Isn't it true that while concussions are always dangerous, contact and further damage is magnified when not properly recovered.   Maybe I heard wrong.

10 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

Things like this (Morse being gone after this year) and possible not resigning Ford are the reasons that might have held us back from trading picks for rentals....

I think we tag Dee. At this point a late third rounder for a guy who could lead AFC in sacks isn’t enough.  Let’s see if he stays healthy though. 

Let Morse walk and draft interior lineman day two. 

Gotta draft the best safety on the board at 1 even with Berry and Watts. 

19 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I think we tag Dee. At this point a late third rounder for a guy who could lead AFC in sacks isn’t enough.  Let’s see if he stays healthy though. 

Let Morse walk and draft interior lineman day two. 

Gotta draft the best safety on the board at 1 even with Berry and Watts. 

You think so? I figured we'd go corner round 1. With Scandrick and Nelson both free agents our CB group would consist of Fuller, Smith, Ward. 

Regardless with those 3 picks in the first 2 rounds, Id say the odds of 2 of them being DBs is about 98%

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

You think so? I figured we'd go corner round 1. With Scandrick and Nelson both free agents our CB group would consist of Fuller, Smith, Ward. 

Regardless with those 3 picks in the first 2 rounds, Id say the odds of 2 of them being DBs is about 98%

Depends in what we do in FA really. If we pick up a S or CB I can see us going after BPA within DL or OL too.

5 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Agree with this last part for sure.  No matter what scheme changes we might make, both are necessary additions and need to be addressed in earnest, not with late round picks.  

Shoupd add I’d resign both Nelson and Fuller as well. 

1 hour ago, soonerborn77 said:

He has problems shedding blocks like a true ILB, his strength for us is nickel situations where he's able to cover the RB coming out of the backfield....

Probably a better fit as a WILL IN a 43. Which is the change Im hoping for in the offseason. But I digress.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Probably a better fit as a WILL IN a 43. Which is the change Im hoping for in the offseason. But I digress.

I'd like to see that move too. 

SLB- Neimann

MLB- Hitchens

WLB- O'daniel 

Trade ragland got whatever we can get.  Then draft and sign depth. 

Archived