Will Pat keep it up?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's asking quite a bit.  He can fatten his stats against OAK twice and AZ, but the other five games have better defenses.  Main thing is to keep the turnovers down and win the games.  Not Alex Smith style, but no need to take big chances with so many weapons.

I kind of doubt that it will happen this season but I do think it will happen sometime in his career.  I don't think he is looking for those kind of records.  As I watch him, I have the opinion that he is just having a hell of a  lot of fun out there and is more concerned with his team doing well every game. 

1 hour ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Is it possible for this kid to have a sophomore slump? The way he plays and approaches the game I just don't see it, unless he thinks it's easy and doesn't put the study/work in next season like this one.

Not if players around him are remotely healthy.  Andy Reid basically keeps saying if you think he’s good now, just wait a year or two it takes all QBs to really figure this out. 

His numbers may not always be this gaudy as defense improves with more talent and our need to pass in the second half diminishes. 

13 hours ago, Balto said:

In TDs and Yards for the all time season record?

Needs to average:  3.6 TDs a game AND 368 passing yards a game for the rest of the season to break the all time TD and passing yards BOTH in the same season!

Really doubt it. But 4,000 yards and 40 TDs would be remarkable and possible for 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Really doubt it. But 4,000 yards and 40 TDs would be remarkable and possible for 

He's on pace for over 5,000 and 50 TDs, neither close to a record but very impressive and incredible for a first year starter.  We have to wonder if the Chiefs can keep all their weapons for the foreseeable future.  Hill, Watkins, Kelce, and Hunt make quite an arsenal.  The O-line isn't that special except for Schwartz so there should be no drop off there.

21 minutes ago, jetlord said:

He's on pace for over 5,000 and 50 TDs, neither close to a record but very impressive and incredible for a first year starter.  We have to wonder if the Chiefs can keep all their weapons for the foreseeable future.  Hill, Watkins, Kelce, and Hunt make quite an arsenal.  The O-line isn't that special except for Schwartz so there should be no drop off there.

Jet thats good for a tie with Brady for 2nd place only to PeyPey's 55 in TD's and 5500 yrds would be  a record. 5000 would be top 10 

20 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Still would be a Chiefs record and in his first year as a starter too!

43 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Almost the entire offense including all the WRs except for Conley are under contract in 2019.  Just no reason with defensive moves we can’t be fans that should have Super Bowl expectations.  I think they will start working on extension for Tyreek as soon as they can.  Watkins is probably done here after next year. But Kelce, Hunt and Mahomes are already locked up in 2020. 

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Jet thats good for a tie with Brady for 2nd place only to PeyPey's 55 in TD's and 5500 yrds would be  a record. 5000 would be top 10 

Only Peyton has thrown for over 5000 yards and 50 tds in the same season.

41 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

That will be broken, the NFL is turning into arena football so fans can oogle at the stats.

I will say it’s working for the league too as they have completely turned around the sagging ratings from the past few years. 

8 hours ago, oldtimer said:

He plays against some pretty poor defenses in AZ and OAK, but I don't see 300 yds. against BAL, SEA, or LAC.  Could happen, but I don't expect it all the time.  Just doubling his first half means about 5200 yds and 52 TDs.  One of the best seasons, but not the all time records.

Obviously he would want to break records but hopefully that won't be his priority. Still has a lot to learn like any young QB and hopefully he'll keep up the discipline and build on his great success.

That being said there's a good chance that he'll only play 15 games in the regular season, not easy to break records.

I don't think pat will have a chance at the yardage record but I think he will be within striking distance of the TD record going into that last game.   50 to 52 with 1 game go.   I think HFA comes down to that last game.  Both us and the Pats play at the same time that day so they won't have the luxury of knowing what they will need before they play.  

6 hours ago, Okiechief1 said:

I don't think pat will have a chance at the yardage record but I think he will be within striking distance of the TD record going into that last game.   50 to 52 with 1 game go.   I think HFA comes down to that last game.  Both us and the Pats play at the same time that day so they won't have the luxury of knowing what they will need before they play.  

The Pats last two games are BUF and NYJ.  We can make a pretty good guess on how those will turn out even if Brady only plays a half in each.

Archived