Will Pat keep it up?

53 minutes ago, jetlord said:

True, but my earlier point was that it won't be so likely against BAL and SEA, or even the LA teams.

True BUT Jags are ranked as the NFL best D vs passing.....Pat put up over 300 on them!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

57 minutes ago, jetlord said:

True, but my earlier point was that it won't be so likely against BAL and SEA, or even the LA teams.

Baker Mayfield threw for 340 against Baltimore.  And Mahomes easily would have vs Chargers had we not been up big. I think it’s less likely against Arizona types. 

Just now, Mloe68 said:

Baker Mayfield threw for 340 against Baltimore.  And Mahomes easily would have vs Chargers had we not been up big. I think it’s less likely against Arizona types. 

Why?  Do you think the Chiefs will go with more of a ground game while playing from ahead or do you think AZ can stop the Mahomes air show?

8 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Why?  Do you think the Chiefs will go with more of a ground game while playing from ahead or do you think AZ can stop the Mahomes air show?

I think we get up big in several of these games against bottom feeders and go conservative. 

• 3 weeks later...

3 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

5277 yards and 54 TDs. 

Well I hope for more tds because of our schedule. Would be sweet for him to get 57 and 5500 yards with our schedule.

I also think if he did that he would have to be the mvp and Reid is coach of the year.

50 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Well I hope for more tds because of our schedule. Would be sweet for him to get 57 and 5500 yards with our schedule.

I also think if he did that he would have to be the mvp and Reid is coach of the year.

5 turnovers in a loss against the Rams probably ended the possibility of being MVP.  Can't see it not going to Brees if he maintains his current play.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Brees has to be the favorite, especially after Mahomes had all the turnovers last night.  Also, Brees is the sentimental favorite for his long career.  He probably deserves it at this point.

I've always hated giving a person a yearly award based on the past. If Mahomes breaks the passing record or even leads the league and the Chiefs are the #1 seed then he should win it.

If Pat gets to 50 tds and 5000 yds, only one other QB has done both in the same season.  When you do something that only one other person in the history of the NFL has done, you're going to get voters vote for him based on that alone cause that will be rarified air.  

For those who want him to break the record, I’m pretty sure last night’s game helped that prospect in two ways. First, he got a lot of yards and touchdowns. Second, it probably made him playing Game 16 in Week 17 more likely in order to secure the top to seed. The Chargers lost and the Patriots have three losses already, etc. A win last night would have given us a big enough cushion that he may not have played that last week.

I think Brees has a shot and is in the conversation but losing by 3 to one of the best teams in the NFL isn't going to strip you of that award.   Brees has been playing for forever and Pat is in his second year.   Our schedule is way harder than the Saints and his numbers are considerably better minus the Ints.    The MVP is his to win or lose.   If he dings 50 and 5000 he wins it hands down because we probably go 14-2 and he was the biggest reason.   

On 11/20/2018 at 7:17 PM, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I've always hated giving a person a yearly award based on the past. If Mahomes breaks the passing record or even leads the league and the Chiefs are the #1 seed then he should win it.

Agree, but Brees is having a great year.  650 fewer yds. more of less, fewer than Mahomes in one less game.  BUT, he's thrown only one INT this whole season and won all but one game.  Not saying Mahomes shouldn't be right up there with him, but as of today, I'd vote for Brees.  Now if Mahomes wins out or sets a TD or yardage record or Brees stinks it up in a game or two, I might change my mind.

I am not as good of a person as you guys are. I would vote for Mahomes because he’s on my team and is in the conversation. People talk about how Brees doesn’t have much more time to go and he hasn’t won. That just tells me that it doesn’t matter that Mahomes has a lot of time to win one.

I know offenses have changed and he’s a special talent, but no one can really tell me that year in and year out he’s going to break these records. He hasn’t broken it yet and he may fall short, but if he does and we win, that’s MVP to me.

Brees is, too. But it’s not because he’s going to retire. I’ll go with the the home guy rookie-like Mahomes if it’s close enough to a tie and we’re winning unless he screws it up. Homer me.

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

Agree, but Brees is having a great year.  650 fewer yds. more of less, fewer than Mahomes in one less game.  BUT, he's thrown only one INT this whole season and won all but one game.  Not saying Mahomes shouldn't be right up there with him, but as of today, I'd vote for Brees.  Now if Mahomes wins out or sets a TD or yardage record or Brees stinks it up in a game or two, I might change my mind.

I seriously dont think Brees will " stink it up".. the 1 INT is  unfathomable to this date.. all things being equal its Brees's to lose imo

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I seriously dont think Brees will " stink it up".. the 1 INT is  unfathomable to this date.. all things being equal its Brees's to lose imo

Yards won't be as much of a factor as both names will be around top so 1 INT will probably take precedence over the total TDs. It's just an amazing stat while airing it out so often. 

10 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

He’s also competing 77 percent of his passes. That’s just insane especially as much as he throws.  That’s got to be the best of all time doesn’t it?

On 11/3/2018 at 9:19 AM, Biggjliv4 said:

Is it possible for this kid to have a sophomore slump? The way he plays and approaches the game I just don't see it, unless he thinks it's easy and doesn't put the study/work in next season like this one.

He is in his second year so this is his sophomore slump.  I can't wait until he snaps out of it next year so we can see what he is really made of.

50 minutes ago, VIChiefsFan said:

He is in his second year so this is his sophomore slump.  I can't wait until he snaps out of it next year so we can see what he is really made of.

getting splinters in his ass reading a clip board does not equate  into a year of playing..in experience he's only 12 games into a season that makes him a rookie. if your going to say  that he's not then prepare to call his fumbles on Monday not a" Rookie Mistake" which in reality they were. 

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

getting splinters in his ass reading a clip board does not equate  into a year of playing..in experience he's only 12 games into a season that makes him a rookie. if your going to say  that he's not then prepare to call his fumbles on Monday not a" Rookie Mistake" which in reality they were. 

I call the fumbles excellent defensive plays by the best defensive player in the NFL. 

Regardless, you're correct regarding rookie vs sophomore. Time on the bench does not equate to time in live action. 

18 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I think you missed the joke....

Archived