Raiders Cut Bruce Irvin

FANATIC

Would he be a good addition on a min deal for the rest of this season?

Raiders waived DE Bruce Irvin.

Jon Gruden shopped Irvin prior to Tuesday's trade deadline to no avail. It's comical given the current atmosphere of the team, but waiving Irvin was the right call since the 31-year-old was on the books for $9 million next season. We expect him to get claimed as a third-down edge rusher soon.

5 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

to be fair, the whole raider defense has been pathetic...i would bring him in before the chargers do

Aren’t 30 other teams going to get a crack bat claiming him before us even if we did want him?

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

One injury away from a need anywhere. Could be a good situational rusher. KC is leading often so another effective pass rush:pressure:sack  can win the game. 

That’s a fair point. And he’s been in big big games.

50 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

The Raiders run a 4-3 now and he's a 3-4 rush OLB that and the Raiders have been playing from behind.   I would normally say kick the tires but we don't need him stealing snaps form Speaks/Kpass.   

I think Kpass either sucks or just has no business at OLB in a 34. Speaks probably doesnt either, but has enough natural pass rush ability that he is getting by. Hope Im wrong but every team misses on early picks once in awhile.

5 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I mean at least he is healthy. He is a good pass rusher. I guess it couldnt hurt. What in the entire fuck is Gruden doing? This is just blatant tanking for Herbert at this point. 

He’s got six tackles in eight games, barely plays anymore and they save almost 4 million vs CAP this season they can roll over in addition to 9 million next year. It’s all about plan to rebuild quickly for Vegas move I’m sure.  Tank season, stockpile early picks with trades and free up as much CAP room as possible.  

6 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I mean at least he is healthy. He is a good pass rusher. I guess it couldnt hurt. What in the entire fuck is Gruden doing? This is just blatant tanking for Herbert at this point. 

I strongly believe that Davis is using Gruden in hopes of getting people to come and fill seats over nostalgia.  

No way was he leaving ESPN if the money wasn't absurd, and now Davis has a reason to spin off all the big contracts from the books and he can penny pinch until he can tap into much higher capital in Vegas.

Big money coming to Mack?  Trade him.  Cooper due for a new contract?  Trade him.  Bruce Irvin making good money?  Trade him.  They're actively trying to trade the biggest contract in Carr.

Osemele will be moved or released next year and they will probably cut Jordy Nelson.  Donald Penn is a guaranteed goner and they will send Reggie McKenzie on his way, too.

The highest paid players left will be Rodney Hudson and Gabe Jackson.

The Raiders are intentionally tanking, but it's happening because Davis is the poorest owner in the NFL and has a lot of bills.  Now they will replenish the roster with cheap talent, but there's one problem.  They have the wrong staff in place to scout, evaluate, develop and lead the upcoming flux of new talent they will be picking.

Sign this guy!

Ex-Raiders DE Bruce Irvin went unclaimed on waivers and is now free to sign with any team.

This was expected, as Irvin still had $3.8 million left on his Raiders contract. The 31-year-old will probably end up somewhere on the pro-rated veteran's minimum, though it's possible he gets a little more.

Archived