Cleveland is not as good as I thought.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

And Tony G.

Hmmmmm when Kelce is done....who will end up the Chiefs better TE?

easy for me...if we win a SB and a Kelce doesn’t leave like a pussy Tony G for a better team.  Kelce hands down

6 minutes ago, Balto said:

easy for me...if we win a SB and a Kelce doesn’t leave like a pussy Tony G for a better team.  Kelce hands down

That's pretty harsh.  TG was going no where as a Chief for his final few years and ATL was willing to pay.  All of us would have done the same thing.

Just now, jetlord said:

That's pretty harsh.  TG was going no where as a Chief for his final few years and ATL was willing to pay.  All of us would have done the same thing.

Doesn’t mean I have to like it when players leave to chase a ring.  I wanna say Chiefs got farther than the Falcons those years as well lololol

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Different eras:

Gonzo played when receivers could still get muscle upped on and QBs were able to get hit.

Kelce played when receivers could run free and the QBs could stand in the pocket for ever.

I know Kelce came in the year Gonzo left but both actually played with completely different rules.

2 hours ago, Balto said:

Woa, woa, woa there! 😀 I wouldn't go that far.

Tony G for the sole reason he played with absolute garbage at the QB position.   Can you imagine Tony G playing with John Elway or Brett Favre or even Pat Mahomes?   Dude has all time great numbers with Damon Huard, Tyler Thigpen, Brodie Croyle, and Matt Cassell.......   

Sometimes its easy to forget how great they were when you last remember them being slowed down by age.

Kelce would have to do a lot to be considered better, but I think he's a better athlete.

4 hours ago, Balto said:

Doesn’t mean I have to like it when players leave to chase a ring.  I wanna say Chiefs got farther than the Falcons those years as well lololol

Falcons were in NFC title game.  I’ve got no problem with a legendary player not wanting to go through a rebuild in the last few years of his career. Unfortunately Pioli wasted pick on Javier Arenas.  But at least Dorsey salvaged something out of trading Arenas for Anthony Sherman.  So ironically Gonzo is still helping us today.  

As the Browns' injuries piled up, they got worse and worse.  The starting units make them a good team, but they have no depth.  The great accomplishment of the Chiefs under Reid has been the building of depth, so that there is no major drop-off when a backup goes in.  Next man up.  The Browns don't have next men.

Reid is particularly insistent about that on the o-line.  But the Chiefs depth is great all around.  They are young, fast, and deep. That is why ST's are great.  Toub insists on Championship performance by those guys.

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

As the Browns' injuries piled up, they got worse and worse.  The starting units make them a good team, but they have no depth.  The great accomplishment of the Chiefs under Reid has been the building of depth, so that there is no major drop-off when a backup goes in.  Next man up.  The Browns don't have next men.

Reid is particularly insistent about that on the o-line.  But the Chiefs depth is great all around.  They are young, fast, and deep. That is why ST's are great.  Toub insists on Championship performance by those guys.

Brown were hurting in their secondary for sure.  The Chiefs have depth but when three O-line are out and three DBs along with what has been the best pass rusher, it hurts.  Agree that the Chiefs have better than average depth, but there's a limit where the performances deteriorate.  The defense has reached that limit.

25 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

The STs unit has been superb. Dave Toub deserves a HC job. Every week they show up and perform tremendously. We underappreciate their efforts for sure by far the best unit in the league for year's counting now.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Brown were hurting in their secondary for sure.  The Chiefs have depth but when three O-line are out and three DBs along with what has been the best pass rusher, it hurts.  Agree that the Chiefs have better than average depth, but there's a limit where the performances deteriorate.  The defense has reached that limit.

Yeah, of course. Depth is crucial but good only up to a point.  Too many key injuries will eventually bring any team to its knees.  Since this is a game of injuries, depth is almost as important as a quality QB.

8 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

The STs unit has been superb. Dave Toub deserves a HC job. Every week they show up and perform tremendously. We underappreciate their efforts for sure by far the best unit in the league for year's counting now.

i will not be surprised if toub interviews for the Browns immediately after this season...he deserves a serious look over these other clowns like shurmer and the guy in Arizona

15 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

If browns get a good coach they have the pieces to turn it. I think k Dorsey and Mayfield will be good for them 

Yeah.  Just a matter of a little time for those guys. Dorsey will build  the roster for sure.  They just need depth and a real head coach. 

3 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Yeah.  Just a matter of a little time for those guys. Dorsey will build  the roster for sure.  They just need depth and a real head coach. 

They have like 10 picks in the next draft where they don't need a QB and will be picking in top 10 (possibly top 5). If he can find good coaches Dorsey has a major chance to build a solid roster over there. 

Archived