Cleveland is not as good as I thought.

15 hours ago, Balto said:

Hmmmmm when Kelce is done....who will end up the Chiefs better TE?

easy for me...if we win a SB and a Kelce doesn’t leave like a pussy Tony G for a better team.  Kelce hands down

Kelce will stay here.  The window for the Chiefs is very wide.  We will be competitive in the playoffs for years.  After that, even a minor rebuild in the skill positions will put us right back in it, as long as Mahomes is there. With a; QB like Mahomes, the Chiefs are just beginning a long, long period of greatness.  Kelce will stay. But he has had some concussions and is one more bad one from being done.  This coming draft should not just be about defense.  It should also be about finding another dominant TE.  I just don't think Harris will ever have the hands.  He is just a decent backup.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Kelce will stay here.  The window for the Chiefs is very wide.  We will be competitive in the playoffs for years.  After that, even a minor rebuild in the skill positions will put us right back in it, as long as Mahomes is there. With a; QB like Mahomes, the Chiefs are just beginning a long, long period of greatness.  Kelce will stay. But he has had some concussions and is one more bad one from being done.  This coming draft should not just be about defense.  It should also be about finding another dominant TE.  I just don't think Harris will ever have the hands.  He is just a decent backup.

Don't know about Harris.  He laid out a great block yesterday to spring Hunt then dropped as easy pass right in his hands.  I'd say replace him, but not at the cost of a round 1-3 pick.  Either pick up a FA who will play for #2 money or draft a sleeper on the third day and let them battle it out.

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Don't know about Harris.  He laid out a great block yesterday to spring Hunt then dropped as easy pass right in his hands.  I'd say replace him, but not at the cost of a round 1-3 pick.  Either pick up a FA who will play for #2 money or draft a sleeper on the third day and let them battle it out.

We should be able to get a vet who's got a few years left that will come and be a TE2, that's the nice thing with Mahomes, we are going to see FA's wanting to come play for us to get a shot at a SB with him.  

8 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Its his blocking and outstanding special teams play that will keep him on the roster for a long time.  He is great as a backup at TE, too.  But he just doesn't have the hands to be the starting TE in the mold of Kelce.  Just my take.  Its weird, though.  Sometimes a player like that suddenly becomes sure-handed if he becomes the starter.  It depends on what is in their head.  I have actually been impressed with his decreasing number of drops this year.  He's been working hard.  I was ready to give him the heave ho a couple of offseasons ago.  Shows what I know.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Its his blocking and outstanding special teams play that will keep him on the roster for a long time.  He is great as a backup at TE, too.  But he just doesn't have the hands to be the starting TE in the mold of Kelce.  Just my take.  Its weird, though.  Sometimes a player like that suddenly becomes sure-handed if he becomes the starter.  It depends on what is in their head.  I have actually been impressed with his decreasing number of drops this year.  He's been working hard.  I was ready to give him the heave ho a couple of offseasons ago.  Shows what I know.

Agree that he has value not so easily seen, but his history of dropping passes which would earn a new set of downs cancels some of the good points.  Aside from a devastating drop in the playoff game last season, there have been many other times where the ball is perfectly thrown and he just muffs it.  Mahomes has plenty of other weapons, but when a TE is wide open and a first down is on the line, we should expect him to catch it.

47 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Agree that he has value not so easily seen, but his history of dropping passes which would earn a new set of downs cancels some of the good points.  Aside from a devastating drop in the playoff game last season, there have been many other times where the ball is perfectly thrown and he just muffs it.  Mahomes has plenty of other weapons, but when a TE is wide open and a first down is on the line, we should expect him to catch it.

Naaaah.

j/k

15 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Tony G for the sole reason he played with absolute garbage at the QB position.   Can you imagine Tony G playing with John Elway or Brett Favre or even Pat Mahomes?   Dude has all time great numbers with Damon Huard, Tyler Thigpen, Brodie Croyle, and Matt Cassell.......   

Sometimes its easy to forget how great they were when you last remember them being slowed down by age.

Kelce would have to do a lot to be considered better, but I think he's a better athlete.

Gonzalez and Cassel didn't overlap.  Those trades both happened in the 2009 offseason with Pioli's arrival.

I mean, your point about the quality of QB Tony had to play with still stands.

15 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

As the Browns' injuries piled up, they got worse and worse.  The starting units make them a good team, but they have no depth.  The great accomplishment of the Chiefs under Reid has been the building of depth, so that there is no major drop-off when a backup goes in.  Next man up.  The Browns don't have next men.

Reid is particularly insistent about that on the o-line.  But the Chiefs depth is great all around.  They are young, fast, and deep. That is why ST's are great.  Toub insists on Championship performance by those guys.

Please explain the KC Linebackers then.....

24 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Please explain the KC Linebackers then.....

Just like Mahomes has made the offensive line look good even with backups in, I wonder in our case what a real defensive coordinator would do with our existing players.  Hitchens was a great player in Dallas last year but from what I've read he's having to play a different style here which is hurting him....

45 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Just like Mahomes has made the offensive line look good even with backups in, I wonder in our case what a real defensive coordinator would do with our existing players.  Hitchens was a great player in Dallas last year but from what I've read he's having to play a different style here which is hurting him....

What "Back ups" is Mahomes playing with?

11 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

What "Back ups" is Mahomes playing with?

Weve had 3rd string center who's started the last two weeks after being released by Cleveland in August. He had one career start as of two weeks ago as our starter has been out almost a month and his backup out for the season. Our best guard has been out for over a month with a broken leg and likely lost for the season.  And yet our sacked percentage from last year to this year is down 50 percent. 

19 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Weve had 3rd string center who's started the last two weeks after being released by Cleveland in August. He had one career start as of two weeks ago as our starter has been out almost a month and his backup out for the season. Our best guard has been out for over a month with a broken leg and likely lost for the season.  And yet our sacked percentage from last year to this year is down 50 percent. 

19 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Rg is 3rd string guy and the Center is some one we picked up off a practice squad

3 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

Name a team that has the entire Oline intact from training camp.

19 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

"Just like Mahomes has made the offensive line look good even with backups in, I wonder in our case what a real defensive coordinator would do with our existing players."

Just now, soonerborn77 said:

So weird because that wasn't the point of this conversation, you asked what backups he was playing with and it was answered.

That infers that the Oline is not intact; I asked you to name a team in the NFL who does have an intact oline. Pretty simple.

30 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

That infers that the Oline is not intact; I asked you to name a team in the NFL who does have an intact oline. Pretty simple.

You asked what backups Mahomes is playing with and we told you.

Not sure how many teams have two third stringers starting on tbe oline and their offense hasn’t skipped a beat. You will have to do that research for me. 

I believe the cowboys have had no online injuries or starters out due to such off the top of my head. Quite a few teams go through the year without losing o linemen. The point is how many suffer more than a few let alone at the same position?

Center is the captain of the line so that hurt but then going to 3rd string RG? The only constant we have had in the line for a few years now is our tackles, everything in between has been a jumbled mess.

Archived