Looking Ahead to the Rams Game

1 minute ago, robgar said:

I am not worried about the rams.

The big game will be Chargers. They have luck on their side so far. Seattle looked awful today yet had first & goal on the one & blew it. NOt impressed with either team.

Chargers kicking still a complete joke.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

53 minutes ago, robgar said:

I am not worried about the rams.

The Rams offense is about as good as the Chiefs.  Their defense is much better or maybe we should say the Chiefs defense is much worse.  The match up between Gurley and the Chiefs run defense should make us all worry.  Sure, the Chiefs can win but the odds will be against them.  Chiefs can't make dumb errors like today.  Can't give up last second TDs at the end of the half or end of game.  Can't keep missing tackles.  In other words, the Chiefs need to play their best game to beat the Rams.

1 hour ago, qnet said:

Yeah, he made a lot more plays in KC. You may be right about him getting a big head. I haven't seen him play that much on the Rams, but in the games I've seen, it looked very familiar. 

Well one thing to remember is just how bad Sean Smith looked when he left for Oakland.  Emmitt Thomas can coach some talent if he has the tools.

39 minutes ago, robgar said:

well right now I am worried about the cardinals..

but as far as the rams go..... hill on peters... 

You're not worried about the Rams or Chargers but worry about AZ?   The Cards are the team I'm least concerned about.  Is that a bad sign? 😄

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

Are you like a nightwatchman?  Every morning I wake up and the Jayhawk is everywhere. 

It's a secret society in KU. We'll embed the Jayhawk to everyone's subconscious and dreams 🧐

Also I haven't been in US for a while and it'll continue for a bit longer so the weird timing.

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

It's a secret society in KU. We'll embed the Jayhawk to everyone's subconscious and dreams 🧐

Also I haven't been in US for a while and it'll continue for a bit longer so the weird timing.

It's working.  Last night I dreamed that Sutton was fired by a huge Jayhawk. 

13 hours ago, FANATIC said:

The big game will be Chargers. They have luck on their side so far. Seattle looked awful today yet had first & goal on the one & blew it. NOt impressed with either team.

Chargers kicking still a complete joke.

We need three more wins plus win over the Chargers to likely lock up 2 seed and bye. 

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

We need three more wins plus win over the Chargers to likely lock up 2 seed and bye. 

There's a possibility, still unlikely, that the Chiefs could lose to the Chargers and both would have the same record, same head to head, same divisional record.  Don't know how the tie breakers work out after that.  It was disappointing that SEA didn't set the Chargers back another game yesterday.  They still have PIT, CINN, KC, and BAL so it will be tough not to drop at least one more besides playing KC.  Glad the game that could decide the division is in Arrowhead.

4 minutes ago, robgar said:

point differential, we win by a huge margin... this is why we currently are ranked 1. in the nfl instead of the rams. 

Point differential is the #10 tiebreaker.  After division record comes record vs common opponents.  Next is conference record. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

There's a possibility, still unlikely, that the Chiefs could lose to the Chargers and both would have the same record, same head to head, same divisional record.  Don't know how the tie breakers work out after that.  It was disappointing that SEA didn't set the Chargers back another game yesterday.  They still have PIT, CINN, KC, and BAL so it will be tough not to drop at least one more besides playing KC.  Glad the game that could decide the division is in Arrowhead.

I looked at that and I think conference record would be the key or a loss at Seattle could hurt badly in the common opponent deal. We certainly could concievably lose to the Chargers and win that tie breaker at 12-4 or even 13-3 though. Thats how big that week one win was for us. Obviously if we can take care of business in that game, things should look really good. 

18 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I looked at that and I think conference record would be the key or a loss at Seattle could hurt badly in the common opponent deal. We certainly could concievably lose to the Chargers and win that tie breaker at 12-4 or even 13-3 though. Thats how big that week one win was for us. Obviously if we can take care of business in that game, things should look really good. 

Yeah, I've felt for a number of weeks now that the LAC game in KC is the big one.

that corner back, in serious altitude... in mexico city... will be on oxygen after one play.  not only . that... but if i am reid, i am throwing at him, running at him, watching kelce and hunt have a field day... 

this game is gonna be about depth not about starters..  kc wins easily..

19 hours ago, jetlord said:

The Rams offense is about as good as the Chiefs.  Their defense is much better or maybe we should say the Chiefs defense is much worse.  The match up between Gurley and the Chiefs run defense should make us all worry.  Sure, the Chiefs can win but the odds will be against them.  Chiefs can't make dumb errors like today.  Can't give up last second TDs at the end of the half or end of game.  Can't keep missing tackles.  In other words, the Chiefs need to play their best game to beat the Rams.

I’m going to disagree here. How can you say the rams defense is much better? They’ve been getting chewed up.

Archived