Looking Ahead to the Rams Game

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sorry .... you have to force a punt.. it doesnt matter if you control the clock.. if the chiefs score in 3 minutes. this is really stupid.... our punter is umm shall we say not overworked.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/punting/sort/punts/order/false

a stop, any stop is the key here.. 

Lots of Chiefs fans in Mexico. I go a lot and see people in Chiefs gear in the middle of a Mayan jungle climbing a pyramid. I think the Chiefs are going into a stadium that will not be as neutral as most think. Mahomes is building an international fan base and he’s now the face of the franchise. 

your afraid of gurley, they have to be afraid of hunt, and company.. 

one guy though... isnt gonna make a huge difference having two really good running backs though might. spencer ware should be a difference maker in this game. 

as should conley 

mexico city is  7,349 feet 2000 feet higher in altitude than denver.....

both defenses are gonna be gassed, and the offenses as well.. 

conditioning is gonna play a role in this game. 

1 hour ago, robgar said:

And youth.

And depth, most of all.  Teams who run their key positions in a well-oiled rotation will have the advantage.  Teams that normally play with players having high snap counts on average will have a big disadvantage.  I like our running back situation. Hunt and Ware could be a huge advantage. We need to spell Kelce and put some glue on Demetrius Harris' hands.

4 hours ago, robgar said:

sorry .... you have to force a punt.. it doesnt matter if you control the clock.. if the chiefs score in 3 minutes. this is really stupid.... our punter is umm shall we say not overworked.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/punting/sort/punts/order/false

a stop, any stop is the key here.. 

Time of possession at end of game NE 36 minutes KC 23 minutes 

So you're right that wasn't a deciding factor, but what was key was holding the Chiefs to field goals, shaving them points.

time of possession is meaningless.. average time to score... might be more important.. average time a defense is on the field maybe more interesting.. havent looked at those numbers for any correlation of anything.. but top.... useless..

Indeed a whole drive could account for a fourth of it all. What's really interesting is the formula for beating the Chiefs, which is tough to exist, must be a perfectly executed defensive gameplan of applying pressure while containing Mahomes in the pocket and not letting him escape to make the plays that have absorbed momentum. 

Shootout? Good luck LA

containing mahomes in the pocket aint gonna help nothing, he's lethal from there as well..

you have to score more points than the chiefs... but controlling the clock aint gonna work... you have to figure out how to get the ball without kc scoring.. so you need turnovers, or punts.

And you need not to commit any  penalties... and you have to have the ball last.  sorry thats the only thing i can come up with...

Its the only thing that has been determined so far to work.

On 11/6/2018 at 6:43 AM, robgar said:

mexico city is  7,349 feet 2000 feet higher in altitude than denver.....

both defenses are gonna be gassed, and the offenses as well.. 

I mentioned this before, the Lambs are practicing at the AF Academy this week to prepare for this game. Colorado Springs is higher than Denver. Hell my driveway sits at 7000 ft.

I am afraid the Chiefs are going to prepare the same way they do when they play Denver and expect it to work. I believe the Chiefs are better than the Lambs but if they don't prepare for the altitude they will lose.

By the end of the game I don't see Hill running 20 yds back and forth behind the line of scrimmage to gain 5 to 10 yards up the field. 

56 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I watched the Rams game yesterday- one thing I consistently noticed was the Rams WR's were running free all day long.....no one within 5-10 yds when they caught the ball....

Unreal......

yeah, think Cooks may have a career day against us, Don't know if Kupp is going to be able to play

A Chiefs win would be great, but it's not critical compared to most of the other games.  The division (and home field) will be decided in Arrowhead four weeks later.  The Rams will be slight favorites and probably deserve to be.  If Watkins comes back 100% the game could go either way but the Rams front four and Gurley seem to hit the Chiefs at their weak points.  Kupp being out may take some pressure off KC's safeties, but I think the Rams score a lot.  Hope the Chiefs can keep up.

12 minutes ago, jetlord said:

A Chiefs win would be great, but it's not critical compared to most of the other games.  The division (and home field) will be decided in Arrowhead four weeks later.  The Rams will be slight favorites and probably deserve to be.  If Watkins comes back 100% the game could go either way but the Rams front four and Gurley seem to hit the Chiefs at their weak points.  Kupp being out may take some pressure off KC's safeties, but I think the Rams score a lot.  Hope the Chiefs can keep up.

Agree 😀

this altitude issue is making me nervous. i understand what reid is doing but shit it doesn’t seem right. 

i like how the chiefs match up. i think our o is love the ball with no worries. as long as we are in 3rd and short. that’s what didn’t happen against zona and therefore gave up sacks.. hunt and ware need to be used  seattle just ran the ball at will..

1 minute ago, Holmes4six! said:

this altitude issue is making me nervous. i understand what reid is doing but shit it doesn’t seem right. 

i like how the chiefs match up. i think our o is love the ball with no worries. as long as we are in 3rd and short. that’s what didn’t happen against zona and therefore gave up sacks.. hunt and ware need to be used  seattle just ran the ball at will..

Well the one thing we do have going for us is we do have many that have played at Denver. So it might not be a huge shock to them about the altitude ad much as some Rams players that have yet to experience it. I do think though it was smart of them to go to the AF academy and practice though.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Well the one thing we do have going for us is we do have many that have played at Denver. So it might not be a huge shock to them about the altitude ad much as some Rams players that have yet to experience it. I do think though it was smart of them to go to the AF academy and practice though.

I agree about the Chiefs familiarity playing at Denver. I like the way Reid is handling this, though I did hear that the Chiefs wanted the schedule so we played at Denver before this game.. I also heard that practicing at that altitude only really helps if you're doing it for a week.

51 minutes ago, qnet said:

I agree about the Chiefs familiarity playing at Denver. I like the way Reid is handling this, though I did hear that the Chiefs wanted the schedule so we played at Denver before this game.. I also heard that practicing at that altitude only really helps if you're doing it for a week.

Funny you say that about KC wanting to play Denver before this game, the Rams did too but the league said no. Last year the league agreed to NEs request to play Denver prior to their Mexico trip.

Archived