State of things

Calichief

It's all about match ups.  Denver is pretty stout on the DL while Houston is weaker on the OL, so no surprise.

I think the Chargers will make the playoffs, but I'm not buying in on them.  Are they talented?  Sure, heck yeah they are.  But a smarter coach like Belichick or Andy Reid is going to own them again and again.  Lynn is a low tier coach.

The Chiefs absolutely can beat the Rams, without a doubt, but they have to stop tripping over their own dicks to get it done.    I think the Steelers are a bigger threat than Chargers IMO because I believe Bell is eventually returning.

42 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Broncos defense shutdown Houston’s offense, shows how good our offense is.

chargers are legit 

chiefs can beat the Rams 

patriots chiefs chargers are the true afc players 

Without the Chiefs playing Seattle, and I like Seattle, I haven't seen anything to make me think they are that good. Thus, the Chargers beating them is, oh well, to me.

The Chargers nor Seattle has beaten a team with a winning record. 

3 hours ago, Calichief said:

Broncos defense shutdown Houston’s offense, shows how good our offense is.

chargers are legit 

chiefs can beat the Rams 

patriots chiefs chargers are the true afc players 

Yep. That’s your 1-2 and 5 seeds.  I think we can go 4-3 the last 7 if we beat LAC and get the 2 seed.  5-2 with LAC loss would come down to tie breakers.  Probably take 6-1 to get top seed.  

12 hours ago, Calichief said:

Connor has done more “statistically” thank Bell did in any stretch. Again, statisticas.. not saying Connor is better but I’d let that side rot when he returns.

Yes, Connor in his first year is only 1 all-purpose yard short compared to what Bell had in 2014 record year to this point in the season. He only needs about 60 next game to take the lead. He would need big games after that to maintain the lead.

On 11/4/2018 at 10:20 PM, Mloe68 said:

Yep. That’s your 1-2 and 5 seeds.  I think we can go 4-3 the last 7 if we beat LAC and get the 2 seed.  5-2 with LAC loss would come down to tie breakers.  Probably take 6-1 to get top seed.  

Really, it all depends on the LAC/KC game in Arrowhead.  If Chiefs win, it's hard to see how they lose the #2 seed.  Chargers win and Chiefs lose another (5-2) there's still a chance although it probably would go down to tie breakers.  Since common opponents are a factor, the Chiefs would have to win at SEA but a loss to LAR wouldn't be a disaster.  LAC still have some tough games against PIT and CINN.  I'm assuming the Chiefs would have to win out to gain the #1 seed.

On 11/5/2018 at 6:45 AM, KCSLC2008 said:

Yes, Connor in his first year is only 1 all-purpose yard short compared to what Bell had in 2014 record year to this point in the season. He only needs about 60 next game to take the lead. He would need big games after that to maintain the lead.

Connor now has 1158 yards all purpose through 9. Bell had 1145 through 9 in 2014. Still, a lot to do to beat it.

46 minutes ago, dksww said:

The Chargers are 1-3 against teams with winning records.

Who did they beat that has a winning record, I don't consider 4-4 a winning record. Chargers are 0-2 against teams with winning records.

BUFFALO 2-7

SF 2-6

CHOKELAND 1-7

CLEVELAND 2-6

TENNESSEE 4-4

SEATTLE 4-4

Losses VS

KC 8-1

RAMS 8-1

KC on the other hand has an 3-1 record against winning teams.

1 hour ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Who did they beat that has a winning record, I don't consider 4-4 a winning record. Chargers are 0-2 against teams with winning records.

BUFFALO 2-7

SF 2-6

CHOKELAND 1-7

CLEVELAND 2-6

TENNESSEE 4-4

SEATTLE 4-4

Losses VS

KC 8-1

RAMS 8-1

KC on the other hand has an 3-1 record against winning teams.

Well, SEA was 4-3 before they beat them so that technically counts I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my current playoff projections:

AFC:

1. KC

2. HOU

3. PIT

4. NE

5. IND

6. BAL

WC Weekend: BAL@PIT, IND@NE

Div Round: NE@KC, PIT@HOU

AFC Champ: HOU@KC

NFC:

1. NO

2. LAR

3. CHI

4. DAL

5. SEA

6. WAS

WC Weekend: WAS@CHI, SEA@DAL

Div Round: DAL@NO, CHI@LAR

NFC Champ: LAR@NO

A great round of championship games for the NFL.  Rams/Saints II and the start of the Mahomes/Watson rivalry.

-Losing at home to Denver is about as demoralizing as it gets for the Chargers.  I think the Bosa return is wiped out with the lose of Liguet and Perriman inside.  I have them dropping 4 more to skid out of the playoffs (KC,BAL,PIT,DEN).

-I think the Ravens have the winning formula to make the playoffs if they stick with ground and pound.  One and done for sure and it won't save Harbaugh.

-I don't think the Texans lose another game and they are a legit AFC threat. 

-Pats lose in Pittsburgh and Miami, where they like to shit themselves.

-The Steelers are just super fucking unlucky to be having to play the Saints in the dome.

-The Panthers are the NFC Chargers and they are going to dismantle down the stretch and Rivera could be a candidate to be fired.  If he is, Andy Reid should be super interested.

-Seattle is going to make it in because of great OL play and run game.  Tom Cable fucking sucks.

-Redskins get the last spot by virtue of someone has to get it, and I think the Cowboys start to take over the East beginning on Thursday.

-The Bears are a dangerous squad and if Nagy can manage tittiekisser well, they have a real chance of knocking off the Rams in LA.  NFC playoff dynamics would change dramatically if it happens.

Right now I'm feeling Saints/Chiefs Super Bowl.

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

Here are my current playoff projections:

AFC:

1. KC

2. HOU

3. PIT

4. NE

5. IND

6. BAL

WC Weekend: BAL@PIT, IND@NE

Div Round: NE@KC, PIT@HOU

AFC Champ: HOU@KC

NFC:

1. NO

2. LAR

3. CHI

4. DAL

5. SEA

6. WAS

WC Weekend: WAS@CHI, SEA@DAL

Div Round: DAL@NO, CHI@LAR

NFC Champ: LAR@NO

A great round of championship games for the NFL.  Rams/Saints II and the start of the Mahomes/Watson rivalry.

-Losing at home to Denver is about as demoralizing as it gets for the Chargers.  I think the Bosa return is wiped out with the lose of Liguet and Perriman inside.  I have them dropping 4 more to skid out of the playoffs (KC,BAL,PIT,DEN).

-I think the Ravens have the winning formula to make the playoffs if they stick with ground and pound.  One and done for sure and it won't save Harbaugh.

-I don't think the Texans lose another game and they are a legit AFC threat. 

-Pats lose in Pittsburgh and Miami, where they like to shit themselves.

-The Steelers are just super fucking unlucky to be having to play the Saints in the dome.

-The Panthers are the NFC Chargers and they are going to dismantle down the stretch and Rivera could be a candidate to be fired.  If he is, Andy Reid should be super interested.

-Seattle is going to make it in because of great OL play and run game.  Tom Cable fucking sucks.

-Redskins get the last spot by virtue of someone has to get it, and I think the Cowboys start to take over the East beginning on Thursday.

-The Bears are a dangerous squad and if Nagy can manage tittiekisser well, they have a real chance of knocking off the Rams in LA.  NFC playoff dynamics would change dramatically if it happens.

Right now I'm feeling Saints/Chiefs Super Bowl.

I can buy that. 

Archived