Chiefs 17 Point Favorite Vs Ariz. What say you?

In what has been one of the worst seasons in Arizona Cardinals history, they have another low point thus far... They open the game against the Kansas City Chiefs, in Kansas City, as 17-point underdogs, the largest such line of the 2018 NFL season.

Chiefs open -17 next weekend at home against the Cardinals.

That number is massive in the NFL, that is more reserved for something like college football when a top ten team is playing against a bottom feeder or even an FCS team.

So, to see an NFL game with that type of line is something that we just are not accustomed to in the NFL and can be something that could work as a motivator in the NFL.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In theory this game should be a stat padder for Mahomes. In reality, they will probably look the same as they did against Cleveland.

I believe Reid lets Mahomes go for the records. I mean he did play Hunt last year so he could win the rushing title.

I would also like to see the folks whose been out awhile get some snaps in so they are ready to go against the Rams.

29 minutes ago, artsy said:

I just hope the chiefs go into the game and take care business like they should..

Maybe we can rest some starters for the big Thursday night game coming up..

What Thursday night game coming up? You mean the Chargers in mid December?

Chiefs should (and likely will) beat the Cardinals by 3 touchdowns. a lot of folks said "trap game" last week against the Brownies. And to be honest we could have put another TD on their arse if so inclined. And that was at their house. At Arrowhead? This ain't your granddaddy's Chiefs. Mahomes will light them up.

7 hours ago, dhitter said:

Chiefs should (and likely will) beat the Cardinals by 3 touchdowns. a lot of folks said "trap game" last week against the Brownies. And to be honest we could have put another TD on their arse if so inclined. And that was at their house. At Arrowhead? This ain't your granddaddy's Chiefs. Mahomes will light them up.

Cleveland had proven itself capable of playing and even beating a playoff contender at home already and had the coaching change to spark emotion. Andy had us ready though and the offense other than penalties had its A game. Only way we lose to Arizona at home is if we beat ourselves (which certainly happens in this league) even if we just play okay. So take care of the football, don't give them anything easy and we should be 9-1 heading to Mexico. 

1 hour ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

I would take Arizona and the points..NOT TO WIN THE GAME, to cover the spread.

Then the bookmakers have done their job. Had to find a spread that was high enough to entice bets on Arizona. In the NFL 17 points is almost absurd. 

Archived