Dirty Dan is activated

2 hours ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

Keep Houston out this week.  hammy's are fickle!  We don't need him this week!

Limit his play, but let him get his game legs back before the Rams game.  The staff won't let him play if they think there's danger of doing more damage.

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

Would you rather watch Parker and Murray?

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

Would you rather watch Parker and Murray?

Honestly, I really don’t think it’s any different. It’s gonns look the same. 

Id rather see Lucas. 

Sorenson was bad and I think people forget. 

12 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Honestly, I really don’t think it’s any different. It’s gonns look the same. 

Id rather see Lucas. 

Sorenson was bad and I think people forget. 

I think Sorensen at least tried to tackle but was playing out of position trying to make up for Berry's absence. I also think Sorensen at least knows what to do in coverage,  something Parker seems to be blowing on being the high cover. 

15 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I think Sorensen at least tried to tackle but was playing out of position trying to make up for Berry's absence. I also think Sorensen at least knows what to do in coverage,  something Parker seems to be blowing on being the high cover. 

That’s fair.

but imo if people think there’ll be any change, I just don’t see it. Berry playing with Dan, yes, but Dan playing with this cast, no.

again, just my take 

3 minutes ago, Calichief said:

That’s fair.

but imo if people think there’ll be any change, I just don’t see it. Berry playing with Dan, yes, but Dan playing with this cast, no.

again, just my take 

If anything he won't blow coverage and leave wide open recieves like Parker has been doing, but it cant get any worse can it?

I think Sorensen is a better overall tackler than Murray or Parker. Both of those guys either run like a missile and completely overrun the play or get tentative and make weak arm tackle attempts. I assume Sorensen will be used more in the box. I really hope he doesn't take plays away from O'Daniel. DOD has shown flashes and I think he's the best speed LB/Safety we have in coverage (besides Berry). I think Murray needs to sit. I just never see him making a play. Parker will occasionally flash but he also cost KC two TD's against Denver. 

I'd vote for Lucas deep and Sorensen in the box until we get Berry back.

We also have to keep in mind that we can't expect Sorenson or Berry just to run out there and start contributing anywhere near their peak value to start out. Both need some time on the practice and game field to get back to that. At least Sorenson has been practicing a few weeks. But I'll bet he has a hard time contributing in earnest for at least a few more. 

1 hour ago, Dan4pres said:

I think Sorensen is a better overall tackler than Murray or Parker. Both of those guys either run like a missile and completely overrun the play or get tentative and make weak arm tackle attempts. I assume Sorensen will be used more in the box. I really hope he doesn't take plays away from O'Daniel. DOD has shown flashes and I think he's the best speed LB/Safety we have in coverage (besides Berry). I think Murray needs to sit. I just never see him making a play. Parker will occasionally flash but he also cost KC two TD's against Denver. 

I'd vote for Lucas deep and Sorensen in the box until we get Berry back.

I think that role is better suited for Dorian O Daniel. He can cover tight ends and RBs with his speed and is a very good tackler. Live with his mistakes and keep throwing him out there would be my opinion. He's a true potential long term solution there. 

It is looking like safety Daniel Sorensen will be back in the lineup against the Arizona Cardinalson Sunday. And if he indeed does play, he will “probably” be involved in special teams, per Toub.

“If he’s active, we’ll get him involved,” Toub said. “He’s not going to be up and be on the sideline. Every person that’s up (on the roster) has to help us in some form or fashion. We’ve talked about it and we’ve worked him in there, so there’s a good chance you’ll see him in there.”

MORE FROM ARROWHEAD PRIDE

“I think he’s done a really good job,” defensive coordinator Bob Sutton said Thursday. “He’s really playing two positions, he’s playing both the Mike and the Dime in sub (packages)—that’s a fair amount of information and work you got to do. I’ve been really pleased with what he’s done over the last couple of weeks here.”

One might think that sounds a bit like Daniel Sorensen’s role, and it should. Sorensen does a lot of the same things for the Chiefs that O’Daniel has done the past few games, and Sorensen is expected to return to the lineup this weekend.

But there is an aspect to it all, Sutton explained, that we may have not been thinking about.

“Both could be in there at once together,” Sutton added. “Just like we are now—sometimes we’ll have Dorian will be in there with another DB that’s playing in the dime position. That could be Dan, if he gets back all the way right now, too.”

“Both could be in there at once together,” Sutton added. “Just like we are now—sometimes we’ll have Dorian will be in there with another DB that’s playing in the dime position. That could be Dan, if he gets back all the way right now, too. That’s when I say—[Dan] plays both of those positions. He could play the dime when he’s playing with another linebacker or he could be the, in our term, the Mike, when he’s playing with another DB there.”

The presence of both O’Daniel and Sorensen could offer Sutton and the Chiefs defense a form of unpredictability we haven’t yet seen this year, a very good thing for a unit some fans and analysts believe needs to show improvement in order for the team to make a deep playoff run.

And O’Daniel and Sorensen’s ability to make a difference is a credit to each player. One of the unique experiences O’Daniel and Sorensen share is first working on special teams before making an impact on defense.

3 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Sorenson was always at his best as the 3rd safety in sub packages. I just don’t get why Murray keeps getting into the lineup. They must like some intangible thing or something they see at practice / locker room.

Just keep Sorenson out of the box where he’s a gigantic liability. Also Murray really has a different skill set completely and is asked far more often to handle man to man coverage than Dan ever would.  Which makes sense as a converted cornerback.  Murray’s also undersized and clearly still lacks nuances of his new position which expose a safety.   Both these guys would be much more effective in limited roles flanked by Eric Berry though.  

Archived