Alex Smith take on Mahomes. Class Act

• 2 weeks later...
Alex Smith - QB - Redskins

106.7 The Fan's Eric Bickel reports Alex Smith (broken leg) has undergone multiple surgeries to combat an infection.

Smith suffered compound and spiral fractures in his leg Week 11 against the Texans. Following surgery to repair those issues, Smith has reportedly undergone several more to deal with an infection which developed post operation. Bickel reports those issues have put his career in "real jeopardy." Smith just signed a four-year extension in January.

6 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Considering the need for emergency surgery, I think the risk was there before he ever arrived.  Sucks for him.

True but you're statistically more likely to pick it up at a hospital.  When it gets in and around your bones you're fucked.  I was close to having a leg cut off because of that.

36 minutes ago, xen said:

True but you're statistically more likely to pick it up at a hospital.  When it gets in and around your bones you're fucked.  I was close to having a leg cut off because of that.

Yeah it's a really bad deal.  I don't think any focus should be on the dudes playing career by now.  Needs to be on just recovering and being able to live a normal life.

Archived