Sammy Watkins

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

CTO- whats so hard to understand?

Are you just down to trolling at this point because your team sucks?  Not sure what you're doing but you're better than that, man.

Remember I bounced DBG on his ass for that.  Bring the heat by all means, but don't just troll people please.  

As a reminder we typically keep the threads CTO but people are free to talk about what they want inside a chiefs thread.  If a thread swerves too far for too long the mods will handle it, typically by moving it.  But that's their call not yours.

Ultimately if you, as a fan of another team, want to come here and dish it, you have to be able to take it right back.  

4 hours ago, wilkie said:

In my humble opinion,  Sammy is probably our best player in yards per catch after the reception.   He can go deep and he has good hands.  If Kelce is doubled,  Sammy is our most reliable first down guy particularly if it is 3rd and 8 or better.  I have not seen a deep ball thrown to him this season but he is capable of getting the deep ball.  Sammy is one of the reasons why you cannot double team both Hill and Kelce.   I hope I did not imply this was a critical injury but Arrowhead pride said it could be a couple of weeks.   This would be a good week to rest him if doctors decide to do that.

I heard a scout breaking down Watkins value and he said the skill set he has doesn't allow teams to double Hill or Kelce the way they need to. I need to find this article because it was very interesting and really showed Sammy's value to the leagues best offense beyond simply looking at his statistics. But I agree, great hands, really tough after the catch and has no problem working through traffic. Plus he's really good in the red zone and draws alot of attention there. Missing him any length of time would be a blow.  

4 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

So Watkins gets all the credit for going 8-1? um okay.....

He said Watkins is PART of it. How did you get ALL of it out of that?

Not too bright, are you?

Here's an original thought, how about actually watching the games instead of just reading some stat line before you make ignorant posts?

I know you're feeling pissy right now because your team sucks. AGAIN. Get over it.

39 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Don’t need him this week. This team is above stats. He says he’s having more fun than ever and that the system is genius. If it was the playoffs, he’d play.

Tyreek is gimpy to with the groin strain. Id consider gambling and go with the backup WRs this week if either is really questionable.  I think the bye week can’t get here fast enough and likewise what a great time to have the bye. 

13 hours ago, xen said:

Are you just down to trolling at this point because your team sucks?  Not sure what you're doing but you're better than that, man.

Remember I bounced DBG on his ass for that.  Bring the heat by all means, but don't just troll people please.  

As a reminder we typically keep the threads CTO but people are free to talk about what they want inside a chiefs thread.  If a thread swerves too far for too long the mods will handle it, typically by moving it.  But that's their call not yours.

Ultimately if you, as a fan of another team, want to come here and dish it, you have to be able to take it right back.  

I was discussing Watkins and his breakdown. Others keep bringing the Ravens or the Ravens players. I am merely trying to keep it CTO.

I still do not know who DBG is.

I can take it- I have for 15 years. The issue with Watkins is that before the season people said the Chiefs overpaid and people are still saying that. Now, halfway thru the season, the numbers prove the point.

No idea what that has to do with the Ravens or any of their players. Its like people have no argument against the numbers and revert to "Oh yeah, well what about (insert Raven here)?"

12 hours ago, tges58 said:

He said Watkins is PART of it. How did you get ALL of it out of that?

Not too bright, are you?

Here's an original thought, how about actually watching the games instead of just reading some stat line before you make ignorant posts?

I know you're feeling pissy right now because your team sucks. AGAIN. Get over it.

Bright? Why I am a genius!

What you failed to follow was the inference.....but I won't spoil it for you.

18 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

So Watkins gets all the credit for going 8-1? um okay.....

Still going with the assumptions that people say to make your argument?  He's not the sole reason, but he's a major reason we are 8-1, proven with our worst offensive output this year was the game that he got injured early and missed the entire game.  He was a FA that was actively sought by lots of teams so we paid more to get him and its been well worth it, especially considering one of the teams that failed to get him had to ship a 1st to get a WR.  

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

I was discussing Watkins and his breakdown. Others keep bringing the Ravens or the Ravens players. I am merely trying to keep it CTO.

I still do not know who DBG is.

I can take it- I have for 15 years. The issue with Watkins is that before the season people said the Chiefs overpaid and people are still saying that. Now, halfway thru the season, the numbers prove the point.

No idea what that has to do with the Ravens or any of their players. Its like people have no argument against the numbers and revert to "Oh yeah, well what about (insert Raven here)?"

DBG - Da Blue Guy

He said he was a chiefs fan but he picked fights with anyone and everyone...he was quite the asshole!

Sammy Watkins (foot) remained sidelined at Thursday's practice.

Watkins seems like a long shot to play Sunday against the Cardinals, and they won't need him to beat Arizona. It's not believed to be a long-term concern for Watkins but it's notable due to his lengthy history of foot problems.

What do these twits know? Watkins is a concern especially considering all the secrecy on NFL injuries etc.

Archived