Sammy Watkins

28 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Is yards really a good indicator of "spreading the ball around"?

I would think that receptions or targets would be a better indicator.

I think you are right that targets and receptions are important in determining this but I also think yards is important as well. Hill has the highest yards per catch ratio by far but that's to be expected with him. I'm on my phone typing so it's harder to post those numbers while looking at other pages. Keeps deleting what I type. Lol

Receptions: 48 Hill, 51 Kelce, 39 Watkins

Mahomes has 210 completions. So those 3 players make up for 138 of those completions.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Still comparing an QB to a WR? FFS

BTW, "He creates mismatches" is not fact, its an opinion. Otherwise, if the mismatch was great, he would be wide open every play and the there would have to be a reason that Mahomes doesn't throw him the ball.

With or without him, you cannot double either Hill or Klce. Thats just foolish.

You are the one that keeps saying Watkins is overpaid. I'm just pointing out that Unibrow is GROSSLY overpaid(see the 4-5 record)but you don't seem to want to broach that subject.

That next paragraph was just you pulling things out of your ass. Is Antonio Brown "wide open every play"?  How about Julio Jones? THAT was foolish. Having four or more quality weapons doesn't create mismatches? THAT was beyond foolish.

When you dig yourself into a hole the best thing to do is stop digging. Put the shovel down, Mittens.

12 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

agreed, I haven't been on this board long but seems like the only reason he's around is people give him a pass because he's been here for a while but don't know how you can look at his posts objectively and not see he's trolling us

I don't post on here that much but I've been reading this board for quite a while and the only thing I've seen from him is him being a smug arrogant ass. And for the life of me I don't see what he thinks he has to be smug and arrogant about. I just chalk it up to him being delusional.

10 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

So you agree with the premise of him being overpaid. Then the rest of the thread is moot.

I believe you admonished me a few years back fro comparing my player/team to a Chief player/team; which is it you want?

Glad I am not "annoying as fuck" and just "annoying".

xoxoxoxo

Fake news.  You must be misremembering that.

On 11/7/2018 at 11:04 AM, wilkie said:

Has a foot injury that may take some time to heal.  Could be out a couple of weeks. Sammy is Option 3. Not sure Conley can step it up.

For whatever its worth, I believe 1) The Chiefs staff likes to hide the extent of injuries as much as possible to create uncertainty for other teams when preparing to play us, which is good game prep strategy, 2) Chiefs staff likes to hide the extent of injuries as much as possible to maintain the trade value of players, which is good long term front office strategy (such as Eric Berry?), 3) The Chiefs medical staff simply does not know many times, which is no doubt often the case, 4) They want the rotational players and backups to have the mindset they will be starting, so that they come in as prepared and aggressive as they can and have the reps needed to help win playoff games.

With Watkins, I was concerned the way they were taping his foot. They could be worried about a tear or major strain in the plantar fascia, which could be a very big deal. But the Chiefs are in a unique position.  They are in the catbird seat as far as making the playoffs and have some pretty easy games coming up except for the Rams.  So, they can afford to be ultra cautious and rest a lot of guys and not push them into action.  They can afford a couple of weeks extra of rest and rehab for anything. I think that even if Watkins injury is minor, he will not play maybe even through the Rams game until he is 100%.  I also believe that Conley will step up and do great, and Mahomes will adjust his throws for Conley's style and strengths.  I also believe that DeMarcus Robinson could step in and do extremely well as a starter, especially if he is prepping to do so for that game. Remember, it is Mahomes throwing to those guys.  He can make any decent receiver into a major asset.  Opponents will tend to ignore them, thinking that Watkins' injury will make it easier for them to cover them in man and leave the safeties to help with the other guys.

Against the Cardinals, Hunt is going to run the ball literally down their throats or over their heads.  Mahomes will not have to have Watkins as a target on Sunday. I have a feeling that Mahomes is going to run keepers for several first downs this week. The Cardinals will be freaking out back there.

11 hours ago, tges58 said:

You are the one that keeps saying Watkins is overpaid. I'm just pointing out that Unibrow is GROSSLY overpaid(see the 4-5 record)but you don't seem to want to broach that subject.

That next paragraph was just you pulling things out of your ass. Is Antonio Brown "wide open every play"?  How about Julio Jones? THAT was foolish. Having four or more quality weapons doesn't create mismatches? THAT was beyond foolish.

When you dig yourself into a hole the best thing to do is stop digging. Put the shovel down, Mittens.

Lol----" mittens".....

Any QB who hasn't won a Super Bowl in the last 5 years but makes that money is overpaid.

Rivers, Stafford, Bradford, Rodgers, Brees, Carr, Garrapolo, Cousins, Luck, Ryan, Dalton Taylor........

Mismatches? Hill and Kelce create mismatches by their speed and elusiveness alone....Watkins has shown me shit....

19 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Lol----" mittens".....

Any QB who hasn't won a Super Bowl in the last 5 years but makes that money is overpaid.

Rivers, Stafford, Bradford, Rodgers, Brees, Carr, Garrapolo, Cousins, Luck, Ryan, Dalton Taylor........

Mismatches? Hill and Kelce create mismatches by their speed and elusiveness alone....Watkins has shown me shit....

Yes to all of that but Watkins.  He is open a ton, it's just he's usually the 3rd read and as mentioned options 1 and 2 are also open a ton.  Notice we've still moved the ball easily when teams are dedicated to stopping Hill and Kelce.

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Lol----" mittens".....

Did you just put Unibrow in the same class as guys like Rodgers and Brees?? LMAO!! Does the word delusional mean anything to you?   You can try to rationalize it all you want, any QB that makes the money he does on a team that has sucked for over five seasons like him is waayy more over paid than guys like that. Even with guys like Rivers, Flacco couldn't carry their jockstrap. They're future HOFers, the only way Unibrow gets in is to buy a ticket. 

Watkins has shown me quite a lot the last few weeks, I don't give a shit what he's shown you. I actually watch the games. As usual you have your opinion horribly overrated.

Once again, put the shovel down, Mittens.

16 hours ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

I think you are right that targets and receptions are important in determining this but I also think yards is important as well. Hill has the highest yards per catch ratio by far but that's to be expected with him. I'm on my phone typing so it's harder to post those numbers while looking at other pages. Keeps deleting what I type. Lol

Receptions: 48 Hill, 51 Kelce, 39 Watkins

Mahomes has 210 completions. So those 3 players make up for 138 of those completions.

Watkins missed a game too so its really spread out pretty evenly considering Tyreek and Kelce are both top 5 at their position in the NFL. If he played 16 games Watkins is on pace for 1,060 yards, 6 TDs...I think as long as that foot is okay he will end up with 7-10 TDs  the way they are expanding his use in the red zone. 

14 minutes ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Yes, he is. His presence makes the offense better.

But, is he's hurting I hope he sits this week. If the Chiefs can spare him one game this year, this is it.

We can't get to that bye week fast enough. Its coming at nearly a perfect time for us to reenergize ourselves and get healthier for the stretch run. But in the meantime we've got guys like Watkins and Hitchens playing through pain and gotta hope they don't get worse the next two weeks. I'd agree with sitting Watkins this week. 

2 hours ago, xen said:

Yes to all of that but Watkins.  He is open a ton, it's just he's usually the 3rd read and as mentioned options 1 and 2 are also open a ton.  Notice we've still moved the ball easily when teams are dedicated to stopping Hill and Kelce.

ABSOLUTELY....thats why Watkins is overpaid.....

1 hour ago, tges58 said:

Did you just put Unibrow in the same class as guys like Rodgers and Brees?? LMAO!! Does the word delusional mean anything to you?   You can try to rationalize it all you want, any QB that makes the money he does on a team that has sucked for over five seasons like him is waayy more over paid than guys like that. Even with guys like Rivers, Flacco couldn't carry their jockstrap. They're future HOFers, the only way Unibrow gets in is to buy a ticket. 

Watkins has shown me quite a lot the last few weeks, I don't give a shit what he's shown you. I actually watch the games. As usual you have your opinion horribly overrated.

Once again, put the shovel down, Mittens.

Where in that statement did I say "He was in the same class as ..."???

Delusional yourself

HoF is a different argument.

BTW, Flacco has the same number of Super Bowl Wins as Brees and Rodgers. Same number of SB MVP's also.

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Lol----" mittens".....

Steve Young is the only QB to win a Super Bowl with a CAP hit over more than 11 percent of the total team CAP.  So yes those QBs are all overpaid although rule changes are probably going to escalate that number somewhat if you are truly elite like Rodgers or Brees.  

Theres considerable evidence though that would suggest you should just trade away those 2nd and 3rd tier QBs and let them be overpaid by other teams.  Problem is teams are scared to death of the abyss their franchise can quickly fall into without stability.  And with a few obvious exceptions it’s the team with the superior QB winning most playoff games. 

This is where Joe Flacco has killed yiur Ravens. He just isn’t productive enough to offset the roster limitations his salary demands.  He got hot at the right time one season and won a ring. Really not to different than Foles last year.  But they really should have tagged and traded him after that.  One of the rare times the Chiefs have been ahead of the game at QB was trading away Alex and it’s alresdy paying dividends.  

As such a team like the Vikings better win this year as they are about to be snakebit by same scenario.  And Cousins isn’t good enough to believe he’ll get it done minus that rare hot streak.  So I think they really messed it up, but we will see in January. 

13 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Steve Young is the only QB to win a Super Bowl with a CAP hit over more than 11 percent of the total team CAP.  So yes those QBs are all overpaid although rule changes are probably going to escalate that number somewhat if you are truly elite like Rodgers or Brees.  

Theres considerable evidence though that would suggest you should just trade away those 2nd and 3rd tier QBs and let them be overpaid by other teams.  Problem is teams are scared to death of the abyss their franchise can quickly fall into without stability.  And with a few obvious exceptions it’s the team with the superior QB winning most playoff games. 

This is where Joe Flacco has killed yiur Ravens. He just isn’t productive enough to offset the roster limitations his salary demands.  He got hot at the right time one season and won a ring. Really not to different than Foles last year.  But they really should have tagged and traded him after that.  One of the rare times the Chiefs have been ahead of the game at QB was trading away Alex and it’s alresdy paying dividends.  

As such a team like the Vikings better win this year as they are about to be snakebit by same scenario.  And Cousins isn’t good enough to believe he’ll get it done minus that rare hot streak.  So I think they really messed it up, but we will see in January. 

Excellent Take. 🤗

42 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Delusional yourself

BTW, Flacco has the same number of Super Bowl Wins as Brees and Rodgers. Same number of SB MVP's also.

Horrible argument here to make a point like this in bold.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Delusional yourself

LMAO! Read the first bolded line, then read the second. Obviously you think he is. 

Look at what those two have accomplished recently, then look at what Unibrow has done. What part of six years of sucking are you having trouble comprehending? Hell look at what Alex Smith has accomplished recently compared to Unibrow.

I can do this all day, Mittens.

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

ABSOLUTELY....thats why Watkins is overpaid.....

That's your opinion, and we've already gone over what that's worth.. Obviously Andy Reid and Brett Veach disagree. And since KC is the highest scoring offense in the league, it's just as obvious they're right. There's a reason why they're running an NFL franchise and you're serving crab cakes or mowing lawns or whatever the hell you do. They're a hell of a lot smarter than you are. 

Archived