Sammy Watkins

29 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Sammy Watkins (foot) remained sidelined at Wednesday's practice.

It's not a good sign with the Chiefs coming out of their bye week. But maybe Kansas City is just playing it safe with their highest-paid wideout in hopes of having him completely healthy for a playoff run. The offense hasn't needed him to keep putting points on the board. If Watkins plays, he'll be a WR3 against Oakland.

Sammy gonna Sammy.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

51 with Watkins sidelined. Chiefs have depth at WR. Why risk a bigger injury against an inferior opponent? Conley is a good 3rd receiver. Injuries are very very  likely in the course of an NFL Season. . I dont put it on the player. Gronk misses time too. 

We aren't as good without Sammy and foot injuries are tricky so I'd give him all the rest he needs although with 4 games in two days against teams now in the playoffs coming up it would be nice to have him. But the overall goal is to be as healthy as possible in January and I'd plan accordingly with something like this. 

4 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

We aren't as good without Sammy and foot injuries are tricky so I'd give him all the rest he needs although with 4 games in two days against teams now in the playoffs coming up it would be nice to have him. But the overall goal is to be as healthy as possible in January and I'd plan accordingly with something like this. 

Don't assume BAL will make the playoffs.  Hands will get over excited.

8 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Ravens won big tie breaker games against Denver and Tenn.  Both have cakewalk schedules though.  Colts are a definite threat and the only one of the four with a high level QB but their schedule is tough.  It’s really Ravens to lose which they’ve certainly proven themselves capable of though. 

The Ravens have 2 difficult games coming up against the Chiefs and the Chargers.  Don't think they win either of those games and will have to hope 9-7 is good enough to get in....wasn't last season.

The Broncos floor is 8-8 IMO and they have a real shot at 10-6.  Vance Joseph might do the impossible and win another year.

Dolphins, Bengals, Titans and Browns are all irrelevant in the race.

Chargers will hang onto one of the two spots and the last spot will be a 3 way race between the Ravens, Colts and Broncos.  If the Broncos continue to rely on their excellent rushing attack, play good D and keep the ball out of Keenum's hand...I think they have a real chance.  The Colts are dangerous if they continue to play without getting Luck touched at all.  The Ravens are pretty stingy on Defense, but they seem totally unsure how to use Lamar Jackson and they are hoping to rely on a not 100% Joe Flacco.  I don't think it's a good recipe.

6 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Ravens won big tie breaker games against Denver and Tenn.  Both have cakewalk schedules though.  Colts are a definite threat and the only one of the four with a high level QB but their schedule is tough.  It’s really Ravens to lose which they’ve certainly proven themselves capable of though. 

Is it wrong that I badly want Indy in Arrowhead in our first playoff game?  I'd love to blow their doors off. 

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

Is it wrong that I badly want Indy in Arrowhead in our first playoff game?  I'd love to blow their doors off. 

I’m with you on that.  Something tells me over the next 5 years we are going to see Indy a few times in January.  Seems like they are ascending along with Houston and l actually think Cleveland as the potential new power teams along with the Chiefs in the AFC.   

6 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I’m with you on that.  Something tells me over the next 5 years we are going to see Indy a few times in January.  Seems like they are ascending along with Houston and l actually think Cleveland as the potential new power teams along with the Chiefs in the AFC.   

Crazy to thing that Browns will be a power team but that seems to be the way things are set up right now. Very young and talented team with a whole bunch of high draft picks and cap space to play with. I don't think any GM in my lifetime has gotten as good of a situation as Dorsey in Cleveland. 

Colts are always one injury away from sucking so I think it's too early to contemplate their playoff spot. Wouldn't be surprised to see both the Broncos and the Chargers getting the wild cards. 

54 minutes ago, soonerborn77 said:

Nope, it's time to avenge all our hexes.  We already took one out with the road win at Pitt...

Hexes are only excuses for not being good enough. In nearly every one of our playoff losses we had one common theme. The other team had the better QB.  We’ve finally got a stake in the game with the elite teams. It’s just a matter of time before we silence the haters, break the hexes and start competing in earnest for the Lombardi. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Crazy to thing that Browns will be a power team but that seems to be the way things are set up right now. Very young and talented team with a whole bunch of high draft picks and cap space to play with. I don't think any GM in my lifetime has gotten as good of a situation as Dorsey in Cleveland. 

Colts are always one injury away from sucking so I think it's too early to contemplate their playoff spot. Wouldn't be surprised to see both the Broncos and the Chargers getting the wild cards. 

Donkeys and Titans have cake schedules but are essentially two games behind the Ravens with only 5 to play. That’s tough sledding but not impossible.  

As for the topic of this thread...

chiefs don’t need Sammy Watkins.

maybe in the playoffs.

mahomes makes everyone better as do the greats.

teams won’t have respect for Conley and Robinson and that will hurt.

let sammy nurse his toenails 

3 hours ago, Calichief said:

As for the topic of this thread...

chiefs don’t need Sammy Watkins.

maybe in the playoffs.

mahomes makes everyone better as do the greats.

teams won’t have respect for Conley and Robinson and that will hurt.

let sammy nurse his toenails 

I think this team absolutely needs Watkins.  He’s a much different receiver than the rest, as he’s going to play through contact and not avoid hits.  Don’t get me wrong, I know it’s smart to avoid hits, but cheetah’s constantly running out of bounds to avoid contact drives me nuts.  It’s not that I think he’s leaving yards on the field because I know he’s not, it’s just the old school in me.  Football is a physical game.  I want to see our guys be tough and grind out that extra half yard , not because of that stat sheet but because of the mental advantage you get over a defense when you hit them in the mouth.  We have a bunch of finesse receivers and a tight end whom I don’t feel is 100% reliable, so we need the physical aspect of what Watkins brings to the table. 

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Hexes are only excuses for not being good enough. In nearly every one of our playoff losses we had one common theme. The other team had the better QB.  We’ve finally got a stake in the game with the elite teams. It’s just a matter of time before we silence the haters, break the hexes and start competing in earnest for the Lombardi. 

I agree, but you have to admit that we’ve been snake bitten in playoff games.  Montana’s injury. Lin Elliot. Big blown leads.  I know having a legit qb can cure most if not all of those ills, but it’s hard as a chiefs fan not to think that somewhere in the shadows there’s a devil with a pitchfork poking us and giggling. 

On 11/28/2018 at 7:42 PM, jetlord said:

I never assume anything.....

Ok, well, I said there was no way LJ would be the QB in KC game but now with JF's hip injury it looks more and more like he will start.

On 11/28/2018 at 10:13 PM, liquidfriend said:

The Ravens have 2 difficult games coming up against the Chiefs and the Chargers.  Don't think they win either of those games and will have to hope 9-7 is good enough to get in....wasn't last season.

The Broncos floor is 8-8 IMO and they have a real shot at 10-6.  Vance Joseph might do the impossible and win another year.

Dolphins, Bengals, Titans and Browns are all irrelevant in the race.

Chargers will hang onto one of the two spots and the last spot will be a 3 way race between the Ravens, Colts and Broncos.  If the Broncos continue to rely on their excellent rushing attack, play good D and keep the ball out of Keenum's hand...I think they have a real chance.  The Colts are dangerous if they continue to play without getting Luck touched at all.  The Ravens are pretty stingy on Defense, but they seem totally unsure how to use Lamar Jackson and they are hoping to rely on a not 100% Joe Flacco.  I don't think it's a good recipe.

If Lamar wins in Atlanta this weekend, you can count on him starting in KC.

Ball control, RPO's and run it down your throat type of offense: Best defense for Ryan, Mahomes and Rivers is to keep them off the field.

Archived