How does this O line slow the Rams?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chiefs have to adjust.  The Rams have four first rounders on the D line and Mahomes will have to move out of the pocket or throw screens.  After today's disaster in the pass protection, Andy will come up with something to counter.  Sure hope Morse can come back.  He may not be great, but he's not third string.

After todays game it is clear. Beat KC with pressure up the middle and the Rams can do that. Adding Fowler really helps them. The game is not important for the Rams so maybe KC shows up with more fire. Without Morse I see Mahomes in danger.Cooper Kupp may be out.

Rams should be favored and are a better team in 2018.  Rams 44 Chiefs 33 with KC scoring in garbage time.

Hope Mahomes is not injured.

20 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Ariz just showed KC is weak up the middle. Reid may be focusing on keeping Mahomes safe vs all out to win this game. 

Yawn, you know how many times I've read this in here? Match up is the answer, some teams match up better than other teams. This week AZ matched up well and was probably tired of hearing how the Chiefs were going to beat them.

27 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Yawn, you know how many times I've read this in here? Match up is the answer, some teams match up better than other teams. This week AZ matched up well and was probably tired of hearing how the Chiefs were going to beat them.

Yawn...Rams match up very similar and unlike Ariz can move the ball. Maybe you need a nap.

• After having a good stretch the pass few games, the Chiefs offensive line, and on first watch, left tackle Eric Fisher, had a tough time on Sunday. As mentioned above, Jones led the Cardinals with 2.0 sacks, and they had 5.0 total sacks on the day. The Cardinals offensive line also struggled with Ford, Jones and Houston. The problems of both lines surprisingly made Sunday’s game a defensive battle. The concerning thing about the Chiefs’ line is that next week’s game offers an even bigger challenge in the Los Angeles Rams’ front seven, led by defensive tackle Aaron Donald.

7 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Same way they beat the Broncos at Mile High.  Spread them out wide and do a lot of mis-directions and shit like that to make the Rams D chase them around until they wear out.

And don't make mistakes. I'm not talking about penalties, that shit happens. I'm talking about Int's and fumbles.

Most teams that have lost to the Lambs, tripped up at the wrong time. 

2 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

And don't make mistakes. I'm not talking about penalties, that shit happens. I'm talking about Int's and fumbles.

Most teams that have lost to the Lambs, tripped up at the wrong time. 

The key will be Sutton vs McVay. Can he stop the Gurley / Goff playaction Madden streaking drags game 🎮? Nobody has so far. A lot of the same sets with different outcomes.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

After todays game it is clear. Beat KC with pressure up the middle and the Rams can do that. Adding Fowler really helps them. The game is not important for the Rams so maybe KC shows up with more fire. Without Morse I see Mahomes in danger.Cooper Kupp may be out.

Rams should be favored and are a better team in 2018.  Rams 44 Chiefs 33 with KC scoring in garbage time.

This is a big game for the Rams as the are still in the hunt for home field advantage in the NFC...plus I'm sure they think of it as a possible SB matchup...

I think the Rams will get theirs on offense. I think the key is what Reid can do against Phillips. I normally don't want a shootout,  but in this game I don't care. The Chiefs just need to keep scoring with no mercy whatsoever, if possible.

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

This game is important to the rams, if they win they could clinch their division

10 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

Suh, Brockers, Donald, Fowler.  Seems like a horrible match up for this O line.

Third string guard and center struggled today but so did Fisher with Chandler Jones. Rams don’t have any edge rusher like him though.  

Hard to think we didn't overlook this game a bit.   Nice to get Houston back and get a game under his belt.   Our line finally acted like a patch work offensive line.   Since it hasn't been happening every game and we've faced some pretty good D fronts I don't think the sky is falling but Suh is dirty and Donald is almost unblockable so that is definitely a concern.

I think today we saw why Sammy Watkins is such an important part of this offense.    You really need 4 elite options on O.   Glad we won and we held him out to get healthy for the Rams.   

The altitude might force backups to play more reps which might bode better for us with our earlier injuries.   Would be a great game for Eric Berry's heel to heal.   If we win this game it allows us one slip up down the stretch while still keeping Home field throughout.   Should be a great game!   Sucks they had a bye week to prepare but oh well.  If we want to be elite we gotta beat the elite teams.   

The Rams came into today's game with 26 sacks, ranked 9th overall in the NFL for team sacks.

The Chiefs came into today tied with GB for 1st in the NFL with 31 sacks, adding 5 more today.

The Chiefs OL has played great all year, I'm not going to worry about a 1 week performance where it was clear the Chiefs were completely vanilla on offense.

You can sure bet the Rams will be worried about the Chiefs' front 7 and pass rush

14 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Hard to think we didn't overlook this game a bit.   Nice to get Houston back and get a game under his belt.   Our line finally acted like a patch work offensive line.   Since it hasn't been happening every game and we've faced some pretty good D fronts I don't think the sky is falling but Suh is dirty and Donald is almost unblockable so that is definitely a concern.

I think today we saw why Sammy Watkins is such an important part of this offense.    You really need 4 elite options on O.   Glad we won and we held him out to get healthy for the Rams.   

The altitude might force backups to play more reps which might bode better for us with our earlier injuries.   Would be a great game for Eric Berry's heel to heal.   If we win this game it allows us one slip up down the stretch while still keeping Home field throughout.   Should be a great game!   Sucks they had a bye week to prepare but oh well.  If we want to be elite we gotta beat the elite teams.   

They did not have a bye week, Rams played Seattle today.

21 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Rams will be without Cooper Kupp, which is huge for them.  The way to beat the Rams is pressure the hell out of Goff.  He quickly crumbles if he's getting hit.

They do a lot of playaction max protects. Key is the edge rushers. Their O-Line dams nice pockets and create cushion for Goff to step up and hit those verticals. Gurley, is their key. Keeps LBs guessing. Without him they are pretty average.  

Archived