How does this O line slow the Rams?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

Rams will be without Cooper Kupp, which is huge for them.  The way to beat the Rams is pressure the hell out of Goff.  He quickly crumbles if he's getting hit.

That's the key isn't it. Goff is a prototypical drop back passer, and a very very good one at that. I've seen a few Rams games and the kid is good. Having said that, what I like about Mahomes over him is, it doesn't matter if you pressure him. It helps, like any other QB; but he doesn't care, and I love it!  It's going to be a good game and I don't know what's going to happen. I think the Chiefs may lose, but I hope I'm wrong. 

Not even sure if Goff is a factor. Gurley can run all over us with ease and a career day is very likely. We need to put up points and force them to throw the ball but with all the injuries OL looks more like Swiss cheese at this point. Not sure if they look at Speaks extensively since he has been much better against the run but Ford is playing great at pass rush, which is hard to give up.

8 hours ago, sith13 said:

Not even sure if Goff is a factor. Gurley can run all over us with ease and a career day is very likely. We need to put up points and force them to throw the ball but with all the injuries OL looks more like Swiss cheese at this point. Not sure if they look at Speaks extensively since he has been much better against the run but Ford is playing great at pass rush, which is hard to give up.

Goff isn't a factor?  That's completely absurd.

7 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Thats the same thing most teams say about KC. Not worked to well. Shoot out coming. Turnovers may decide this one.

Not saying you or anyone here specifically, but it's funny what people will say that works on the Chiefs but won't say that for teams the Chiefs play.

2 minutes ago, dksww said:

Not saying you or anyone here specifically, but it's funny what people will say that works on the Chiefs but won't say that for teams the Chiefs play.

Don't you know the Chiefs are faulty. Other teams when playing the Chiefs are not.

Some in here will always look at it as the glass being half empty, even if they won the SB. Of course they say they do it because they want them to improve.

Personally I believe it's because they like bitching and can never sit back and enjoy a game for what it is. Or they are just waiting for a collapse so they can say, see I told you. It's like Wilkes yearly 8-8 prediction, some day he'll be right. 

18 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Don't you know the Chiefs are faulty. Other teams when playing the Chiefs are not.

Some in here will always look at it as the glass being half empty, even if they won the SB. Of course they say they do it because they want them to improve.

Personally I believe it's because they like bitching and can never sit back and enjoy a game for what it is. Or they are just waiting for a collapse so they can say, see I told you. It's like Wilkes yearly 8-8 prediction, some day he'll be right. 

Oh No Mr 63 Guy here you go again. Bitching about other people bitching or about what they think. 😨 I dont see alot of complaing. Its a discussion board. The topic is How does the o-line slow the Rams? Your responses are actually bitching.

Just now, FANATIC said:

Oh No Mr 63 here you go again. Bitching about what other people bitching or about what they think. 😨 I dont see alot of complaing. Its a discussion board. The topic is How does the o-line slow the Rams? Your responses are actually bitching.

Not bitching, making an observation and posting an opinion. I guess if it's not negative about the team then I can't post my opinion. Sorry, I should know better.

I must be negative and talk about how bad this player, coach or GM is, sorry not going to happen. Have a nice day Mr. Eeyore.😞

4 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Not bitching, making an observation and posting an opinion. I guess if it's not negative about the team then I can't post my opinion. Sorry, I should know better.

I must be negative and talk about how bad this player, coach or GM is, sorry not going to happen. Have a nice day Mr. Eeyore.😞

Yawn...............

12 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Hard to think we didn't overlook this game a bit.   Nice to get Houston back and get a game under his belt.   Our line finally acted like a patch work offensive line.   Since it hasn't been happening every game and we've faced some pretty good D fronts I don't think the sky is falling but Suh is dirty and Donald is almost unblockable so that is definitely a concern.

I think today we saw why Sammy Watkins is such an important part of this offense.    You really need 4 elite options on O.   Glad we won and we held him out to get healthy for the Rams.   

The altitude might force backups to play more reps which might bode better for us with our earlier injuries.   Would be a great game for Eric Berry's heel to heal.   If we win this game it allows us one slip up down the stretch while still keeping Home field throughout.   Should be a great game!   Sucks they had a bye week to prepare but oh well.  If we want to be elite we gotta beat the elite teams.   

The Chiefs have a quarterback that makes good decisions, gets rid of the ball quickly, and is mobile.  He gets good pre-snap reads and has a lot of targets.  Our offense has a lot of misdirection, a lot of jet sweep action and in general keeps defenses on their heals and not attacking.  We spread people out and make it hard to bring a lot of pressure.  That is why we are near the bottom in sacks allowed and 2nd in passing yards.  

3 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I know it's a little bit of hyperbole on your part, but I doubt anyone complains if the Chiefs win the SB. I've always liked your positive attitude, but don't always agree with some of your opinions of others on the board.  I could never say for sure, but I don't think most on here like complaining or voicing a negative opinion of the team. 

I visit other boards and they are not much different than this one. 

18 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Yawn...Rams match up very similar and unlike Ariz can move the ball. Maybe you need a nap.

• After having a good stretch the pass few games, the Chiefs offensive line, and on first watch, left tackle Eric Fisher, had a tough time on Sunday. As mentioned above, Jones led the Cardinals with 2.0 sacks, and they had 5.0 total sacks on the day. The Cardinals offensive line also struggled with Ford, Jones and Houston. The problems of both lines surprisingly made Sunday’s game a defensive battle. The concerning thing about the Chiefs’ line is that next week’s game offers an even bigger challenge in the Los Angeles Rams’ front seven, led by defensive tackle Aaron Donald.

The problem as I saw it was that the Card's db's did a hell of a job locking down our receivers. I think the pass rush was more coverage than the Chiefs oline getting dominated. Rams db's are not likely to replicate Sunday's performance by the cards. 

9 minutes ago, qnet said:

I know it's a little bit of hyperbole on your part, but I doubt anyone complains if the Chiefs win the SB. I've always liked your positive attitude, but don't always agree with some of your opinions of others on the board.  I could never say for sure, but I don't think most on here like complaining or voicing a negative opinion of the team. 

I visit other boards and they are not much different than this one. 

Chiefs Planet is far more negative and generally more obscene than this board.  

7 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

The problem as I saw it was that the Card's db's did a hell of a job locking down our receivers. I think the pass rush was more coverage than the Chiefs oline getting dominated. Rams db's are not likely to replicate Sunday's performance by the cards. 

You never know.  If there is one game all year that Marcus Peters will be motivated to play his ass off in, it’s this one though.  Hopefully Mahomes/Hill burn him badly.

The Kansas City Chiefs take on the Los Angeles Rams this Monday night (Have we told you about our watch party?), and whether it be because of the two head coaches involved, the high-powered offenses, the high elevation levels or maybe a little bit of everything, the matchup is set for a historic over-under total.

Pregame.com founder RJ Bell reports that the game’s over-under total of 63.5 will be the highest recorded in league history.

🥇Rams vs Chiefs over/under point total of 63.5 is the highest in recorded NFL history

The Rams opened up as one-point favorites in the game over the Chiefs, but early betting has the Rams at current 2.5-point favorites, according to Bovada at the time of this writing.

Just now, FANATIC said:

The Kansas City Chiefs take on the Los Angeles Rams this Monday night (Have we told you about our watch party?), and whether it be because of the two head coaches involved, the high-powered offenses, the high elevation levels or maybe a little bit of everything, the matchup is set for a historic over-under total.

Pregame.com founder RJ Bell reports that the game’s over-under total of 63.5 will be the highest recorded in league history.

🥇Rams vs Chiefs over/under point total of 63.5 is the highest in recorded NFL history

The Rams opened up as one-point favorites in the game over the Chiefs, but early betting has the Rams at current 2.5-point favorites, according to Bovada at the time of this writing.

Guess defense is not a big focus for this game. Expecting the last team with the ball to win.

I swear....if fans from other teams would come to this site they would think the Chiefs were 1-9, not the other way around.  Every team in the NFL has bad games, or bad position groups, or just bad players that change from game to game.  The offense is 25th in the league in sacks given up.  One game out of 10 and everyone acts like this is a new trend that will destroy the team.

But to answer your question, the rams are going to look at the tape and try to pressure mahomes.  Chiefs are going to wait for the over pursuit and let loose with the screens and dink and dunk.  Another thing they are gonna do.  The Seahawks ran for 273 yards against the rams, averaging over 8 yards a carry.  There is gonna be a ton of running on Monday setting up play action passes...

Archived