How does this O line slow the Rams?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will help when we play the Chargers.  

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Chargers LB Denzel Perryman (knee) has been diagnosed with an LCL injury and also requires hamstring surgery.

He will miss the remainder of the season. The injury is to Perryman's left knee. The good news is that Perryman is expected to be back to 100 percent in 3-4 months. Still only 25, Perryman will be a free agent at season's end. Playing roughly 66 percent of the Bolts' snaps, Perryman will be a big loss down the stretch. Perryman has been effective in stretches but has long dealt with injury issues.

26 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

This will help when we play the Chargers.  

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Chargers LB Denzel Perryman (knee) has been diagnosed with an LCL injury and also requires hamstring surgery.

He will miss the remainder of the season. The injury is to Perryman's left knee. The good news is that Perryman is expected to be back to 100 percent in 3-4 months. Still only 25, Perryman will be a free agent at season's end. Playing roughly 66 percent of the Bolts' snaps, Perryman will be a big loss down the stretch. Perryman has been effective in stretches but has long dealt with injury issues.

Always hate to see a player hurt.  Hate to win because of an injury to the opposition.  The Chiefs should beat the Chargers, not beat the crippled Chargers.  JMHO

6 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Always hate to see a player hurt.  Hate to win because of an injury to the opposition.  The Chiefs should beat the Chargers, not beat the crippled Chargers.  JMHO

Well we  have had many injuries too and I doubt the opposing team has cared much as it is part of the game. We did pretty much beat them minus bosa the first game and at their house too

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I don't disagree and you hate to see anyone hurt.  But I'd rather beat the Chargers with Eric Berry and LDT playing.  And Morse.  And DAT.  It's part of the game.  

4 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I don't disagree and you hate to see anyone hurt.  But I'd rather beat the Chargers with Eric Berry and LDT playing.  And Morse.  And DAT.  It's part of the game.  

Guess I didn't express myself very well.  Injuries are a big part of the game and we shouldn't feel bad if a team comes in with less than full strength.  It's just that I don't hope for injuries on the other team just to get an advantage.

5 hours ago, Legend of AC said:

Chiefs Planet is far more negative and generally more obscene than this board.  

Yeah, I know. I don't like Chiefs Planet. I'm actually a member there, but haven't been there in years. I criticized a posters thread, and he pm'd me an obscene message and left me a negative mark. I didn't have as many posts as him so it was nothing I could do. 

I was mainly talking about other teams boards, and how they criticize their team. It's interesting going to other teams boards, because they argue and complain just like us, but you can tell the ones who are more knowledgeable. With the exception of a Bronco board I won't name, other fans have a healthy respect for the Chiefs this year. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

Guess I didn't express myself very well.  Injuries are a big part of the game and we shouldn't feel bad if a team comes in with less than full strength.  It's just that I don't hope for injuries on the other team just to get an advantage.

I understood what you meant.  And you're not wrong.  I just don't view it as beating the crippled Chargers.  Injuries are part of the game.  And while I don't want anyone to get hurt, beating them with injuries doesn't diminish the victory to me.  We have been missing our two most valuable defenders for some time and playing a center that I never even heard of.  It is ok to me to think that we are better off playing the Chargers at less than full strength.  Again, I'm not wishing for them to be hurt, but I don't mind acknowledging that it helps our cause.  

13 hours ago, qnet said:

Yeah, I know. I don't like Chiefs Planet. I'm actually a member there, but haven't been there in years. I criticized a posters thread, and he pm'd me an obscene message and left me a negative mark. I didn't have as many posts as him so it was nothing I could do. 

I was mainly talking about other teams boards, and how they criticize their team. It's interesting going to other teams boards, because they argue and complain just like us, but you can tell the ones who are more knowledgeable. With the exception of a Bronco board I won't name, other fans have a healthy respect for the Chiefs this year. 

They speak highly of the Chiefs here in Baltimore on Sports Radio and love Mahomie.....

I really don't like the Donald vs Cam Erving matchup. I'm sure the center, whomever it is , will provide help on every snap, but that leaves Wylie one on one with Suh, which will suck too. I think we will do what everyone is suggesting, and hit them with all sorts of RB and WR screens all day. and maybe leave Ware/Hunt in the backfield to help.

I feel like we'll punt a couple more times than they will, and we may lose. The matchups don't fare well for us. Our weaknesses are matched up with their strengths:

They can run the ball -- We Suck against the run.

Donald and Suh - Erving and Wylie

I guess we'll find out just how good the coaching staff is this week...

well, if you are worried about the center of the line, ... moving the pocket, indirection, screens, and quick slants.... ball out of your qbs hands in under 2.5 seconds. 

...... Oh shit, all stuff we are REALLY good at.  Also all that movement up front opens up huge holes in the run game.. Especially off of play action. 

The question is, do they have some one who can beat the tackles, and force that rush to get home? Otherwise the interior D-lineman, are looking for somebody, and nobody's home, and the ball is 60 yards away...

4 minutes ago, robgar said:

Time of possession doesnt mean shit. Never has and never will...

It means a lot, we need to exhaust their DL (namely Suh and Donald) for the 2nd half and let Mahomes loose to win the game just like the Saints did. If we come out scoring on every possession it's a whole other story but in a traditional approach we need them gassed.

we need to score, score quickly, and not give them an oppt to get into the game. end of story. Your theory would be correct, if you where to assume that our center and gaurds, where capable of holding up longer than them, and in effect wearing them out.... The right answer here is to get them off the field.. Score quickly... and be done..

4 hours ago, robgar said:

no I am talking about getting our offense off the field quickly by scoring... giving our guys more oppt, to kill there quarterback.. rather than for them to kill ours..

Gotta stop the run first....And we really haven't did that well this year.

25 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Maybe run the ball? Run it alot.  Seattle last week vs Rams

R. Penny 12 108 1 38 16
  R. Wilson 9 92 0 21 32
  M. Davis 11 58 0 12 13
  T. Lockett 1 18 0 18 13

I'm not "that" concerned with the offense...I think we put up 24 to 27 points. It's keeping them from scoring 31 to 34 points that I'm concerned with.

4 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

Gurley is going to eat us up. That is who we have to slow down. Hitchens and ragland have to step up. And put in odaniel in on passing downs he is also one of goff's favorite targets. 

Yea, I'm not sure Hitch and Ragland will be able to do much of anything to stop Gurley. They sure haven't been able to do anything all year. DOD will have to have a good game covering Gurley out of the backfield. However, that means DOD will have to play on run downs also. I hope he's up to the challenge.

Archived