How does this O line slow the Rams?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

if  what  PM2 says is true it might be he's reading his own stats..kinda hard not to do being all the  coverage he's getting. It might be a good thing for him to have a sub par game from time to time just to settle him back down

I agree. And he's young, so he could definitely get swept away with the newly found fame. One thing for sure is that the NFL will humble you, if you get too big for your britches.

2 hours ago, dksww said:

While watching it live, I thought Fisher obviously got beat 2 times and the 3 other sacks were on Mahomes for not getting rid of the ball/throwing it away sooner.

Just my .02.

I think the game film breakdown backs this up. Chandler Jones is a beast who brutalized Fisher. Heck at one point on one of the deep throws to Tyreek we literally had to use 3 guys on him. But PM didn't help himself out by getting too greedy and missing a few open hot reads. 

How many weeks has this been for Morse?   Is this normal for a concussion?  Don't get me wrong I want him to get healthy before playing but it seems like his concussions seem to last 4-5 weeks.   Maybe someone in here who knows more about this than I do could help with the answer.

Just now, Lamardirts said:

How many weeks has this been for Morse?   Is this normal for a concussion?  Don't get me wrong I want him to get healthy before playing but it seems like his concussions seem to last 4-5 weeks.   Maybe someone in here who knows more about this than I do could help with the answer.

He has had so many that it is now no time line to them. He has to come out of it with no recurring symptoms and I think had has so many that he is not right. Another easy shot to the head could cause him to be done again. He needs to retire.

44 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

He has had so many that it is now no time line to them. He has to come out of it with no recurring symptoms and I think had has so many that he is not right. Another easy shot to the head could cause him to be done again. He needs to retire.

I'm glad we are being cautious, just thought it was normal to miss 2-3 weeks and he's going on what 5?   Would love seeing him back playing but not at risk to his long term health and maybe at this point he should consider retiring.

5 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

He's probably done in the NFL. Too many concussions to play through and definitely no reason to rush back to the field knowing that it'll affect your whole life. 

11 hours ago, Troyofoc said:

I think last year when he was concussed he was also out a long time. Him and kelce seem to at least get 1 the last couple years.

1? Morse is a full time concussion protocol. He should retire.

i really was a big fan of Fulton at center.

1 minute ago, Calichief said:

1? Morse is a full time concussion protocol. He should retire.

i really was a big fan of Fulton at center.

Considering the interest in a more expensive FA I don't think the staff liked Fulton as much to give him a big deal. IMO he was decent but definitely got overpaid similar to Hudson.

9 hours ago, sith13 said:

He's probably done in the NFL. Too many concussions to play through and definitely no reason to rush back to the field knowing that it'll affect your whole life. 

yes, he needs to think about the rest of his life and medically retire. No shame in that...just don't let it ruin the rest of your life

9 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Not Just a Gurley Issue. These teams are very much the same.  Stop the run they throw & throw.

CHIEFS RAMS
PASS P. Mahomes3150 YDS, 31 TDS, 7 INTS J. Goff3134 YDS, 22 TDS, 6 INTS
RUSH K. Hunt167 ATT, 754 YDS, 7 TDS T. Gurley198 ATT, 988 YDS, 13 TDS
REC T. Hill55 REC, 891 YDS, 9 TDS B. Cooks51 REC, 857 YDS, 3 TD

Balance.

In the past, this type of game would have me deeply pessimistic.  The feeling I have now is different than it ever has been.  No matter who we play, we are not out of it and can win.  I trust in "Patrick and the Playmakers."  The Rams are great, but so are the Chiefs. I think we have a better than even chance in this one.  Well....maybe just even, since we are on the road. It could turn out that it is special teams and a few turnovers that decide this one.  Another big key is to reduce the penalties.  The offensive holds are OK, because they are intent on protecting Mahomes.  But the offsides and false starts have to be reduced.

What it comes down to is not which team is better but which team plays the best.  The Chiefs simply need to play better that evening than the Rams.

5 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

In the past, this type of game would have me deeply pessimistic.  The feeling I have now is different than it ever has been.  No matter who we play, we are not out of it and can win.  I trust in "Patrick and the Playmakers."  The Rams are great, but so are the Chiefs. I think we have a better than even chance in this one.  Well....maybe just even, since we are on the road. It could turn out that it is special teams and a few turnovers that decide this one.  Another big key is to reduce the penalties.  The offensive holds are OK, because they are intent on protecting Mahomes.  But the offsides and false starts have to be reduced.

What it comes down to is not which team is better but which team plays the best.  The Chiefs simply need to play better that evening than the Rams.

Agreed. I watched some Rams games on NFL Game pass, and they're good, really good. Their offense reminds me of the Chiefs. Goff is a straight up dominate NFL passer. The difference between him and Mahomes IMO is, Mahomes can make some crazy incredible plays, threading the needle with his arm. It's really hard to tell what's going to happen. Right now, even as a Chiefs fan; I'm leaning toward the Rams, but it's a weak lean,  very lean. 

How does the Rams slow down the Chiefs running game? They have one of the worst run Ds.

How does Peters cover Hill? He has sucked this year, with Mahomes arm strength and accuracy with Hills speed he will get beat more than not.

How do the Rams keep their cool win the Chiefs treat them like their bitches? Every Rams game I have seen I have seen one of their defensive hot heads get penalized. 

Sammy Watkins (foot) will not practice Saturday.

Watkins wasn't spotted during the early portion of Kansas City's practice. He was downgraded Friday, so this isn't a good sign for his availability ahead of Monday night. Chris Conley was in on 91.5% of the Chiefs' offensive snaps without Watkins in their last game, but saw just two targets on the day.

2 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

How does the Rams slow down the Chiefs running game? They have one of the worst run Ds.

How does Peters cover Hill? He has sucked this year, with Mahomes arm strength and accuracy with Hills speed he will get beat more than not.

How do the Rams keep their cool win the Chiefs treat them like their bitches? Every Rams game I have seen I have seen one of their defensive hot heads get penalized. 

Agree but with the first 1 Andy has to call run plays to run. We definitely need to run more this game than are average on the year.

Archived