Dee ford

2 minutes ago, wilkie said:

Played out his asstoday.  Pay the man

I concur Wilks. It's hard to find a Dee Ford man. Speed Demon , who's perfected his craft at jumping the line. Closest thing we've had since #58. 

How about Houston? Abolished the LT all game. He looked as quick as he has ever been since pre knee injury. Very pleased with his movement.

as discussed in the Dee Ford thread from before, Franchise Tag him for 2019 and make him put together 2 good seasons in a row before you give him a huge contract.

Or, you tag him and trade him for a first round pick and more.

5 minutes ago, dksww said:

as discussed in the Dee Ford thread from before, Franchise Tag him for 2019 and make him put together 2 good seasons in a row before you give him a huge contract.

Or, you tag him and trade him for a first round pick and more.

The Bears gave up first-round picks in 2019 and 2020, a third-round pick in 2020 and a sixth-round pick in 2019 to acquire Mack earlier Saturday. In return, the Bears also received a second-round pick in 2020 and a conditional fifth-round pick in 2020.

id hope we could get a top 5 pick this year for Ford and I’d probably do it.  Some good pass rusher at top of draft.

1 minute ago, Balto said:

The Bears gave up first-round picks in 2019 and 2020, a third-round pick in 2020 and a sixth-round pick in 2019 to acquire Mack earlier Saturday. In return, the Bears also received a second-round pick in 2020 and a conditional fifth-round pick in 2020.

id hope we could get a top 5 pick this year for Ford and I’d probably do it.  Some good pass rusher at top of draft.

K. Mack was and is more established at the position, but the way Ford is playing I wouldn't rule this kind of haul out of the discussion and I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Could you imagine having 2 firsts and 2 2nds in next year's draft followed by 2 firsts and more in the 2020 draft?

23 minutes ago, dksww said:

K. Mack was and is more established at the position, but the way Ford is playing I wouldn't rule this kind of haul out of the discussion and I wouldn't be opposed to it.

Could you imagine having 2 firsts and 2 2nds in next year's draft followed by 2 firsts and more in the 2020 draft?

Just had to change my pants!

most the time I’m more of a homer and like to keep our own guys BUT for some reason I’m super nervous about giving Ford a long term deal.  This offseason would be a perfect time to bank in on his highest value.  I’d be fine with one 1st.

I don't know what to think about Dee Ford. He's a good player, but just a tier below players like JJ watt, Von Miller or even Houston from a few years ago IMHO. He wins with speed and some technique which is good. He was really effective today , helping other players along the DLine to shine. 

Mack is on another level and might be one of the best defenders in the NFL. I would be more than happy for a single 1st for Ford. He's a beast in pass rush so far this season but a liability at everything else. Unless we are switching to 4-3 getting a high pick for Ford makes more sense. Some GM will eventually overlook the health issues to shake things up in the short term.

Ford has been injured for various reasons up until contract year. Tag him and make him prove it. Trade him if we get a great offer, heck sign him if reasonable but do not over pay with a massive contract. He is one knee or some lower leg injury from being done as a fast first step rusher. Then we will have a huge contract sitting next to Berry and Houston. It is his situation like this that other teams will let go and continue to sign the others to keep an good cap space and get the free agents needed while drafting for the needs now and future. We need to move on from Ford after this year it tagged year unless he signs reasonably.

• 2 weeks later...

If you have a pass rush you have a chance.  If we had any safety back there who could at least play avg our D wouldn’t be tolerable.  Crazy to think what might have been had Watts and Thomas not for hurt.  Berry and Thomas healthy for a playoff run would have been fun with our new found pass rush.   Scary good possibly!

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

If you have a pass rush you have a chance.  If we had any safety back there who could at least play avg our D wouldn’t be tolerable.  Crazy to think what might have been had Watts and Thomas not for hurt.  Berry and Thomas healthy for a playoff run would have been fun with our new found pass rush.   Scary good possibly!

Lucas made plays when given a chance how he is sitting behind the trio of turds we are running out there is unreal. 

A duo of lucas and Watts would have been interesting

38 minutes ago, Palangi said:

Lucas made plays when given a chance how he is sitting behind the trio of turds we are running out there is unreal. 

A duo of lucas and Watts would have been interesting

I doubt seriously that the coaching is sitting there saying "hey let's play the turds vs the studs just to piss our fan base off". I sometimes wonder if some of you listen to what you're saying. Yep, the coaches want to lose so they keep the best players on the bench out of spite. If he's not playing it's for a reason.

5 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

I doubt seriously that the coaching is sitting there saying "hey let's play the turds vs the studs just to piss our fan base off". I sometimes wonder if some of you listen to what you're saying. Yep, the coaches want to lose so they keep the best players on the bench out of spite. If he's not playing it's for a reason.

It's a known fact Sutton doesn't like playing younger players.   O'daniel didn't see the field because he didn't know or understand the scheme because its so complicated, yet he continued to run out veterans who supposedly knew it and still sucked.   When he's finally forced to play Odaniels, lo and behold he's better than the guys in front of him.      When your defense is as bad as our is and the players you pick to start and play are playing at such a horrid level then your culpable if you don't at least bench them and allow their backup a chance to prove themselves.     

I stopped trusting that Sutton would play the best player when he kept running Zombo out last year and he keeps being faithful to Sorensen who just flat out stinks.   Yeah Sorensen rocking out a 41 PFF grade so far this year.   Jordan isn't a savior but he's ranked 56.   

On 11/20/2018 at 4:13 PM, Chiefsfan1963 said:

And you're crazy if you don't think coaches play favorites too. Go with the comfort level guy.  Think combo too.

Funny you think coaches are infallible. Remember how vermeil chose trent green over kurt Warner?

Atlanta didn't want Favre

Grbac over gannon. 

Yeah they always make the right or next decision...

Archived