LDT coming back?

Just saw the link to this on Yahoo. Since Dirty Dan took up one designation before the final cuts I'm wondering if they wanted to keep the last spot instead of sending "day-to-day" Berry to IR. Also LDT coming back for the playoffs would be a huge boost but not sure how realistic it is for a big guy to return to NFL soon after getting the cast off. 

26 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Berry may have more than one game's worth of rust on him. 

I think we need to see Berry after the bye week or else I'm going to have little confidence he can add much in pass defense this year. I do think his physical presence as an in the box safety vs the run would be noticable pretty quick though. 

I think the way we have played this year has given the staff the ability to sit him.   I look for him to come back the last week or two to knock off rust and then he will play through pain throughout the playoffs then have the surgery he should have had at the beginning of the season.   Crazy to think we might miss a SB window because of a freak broken leg and a bad call on an injury.     Had both been different we would have seen Earl Thomas and Eric Berry roam the backend these last couple weeks.     With the way the rest of the D has been rounding into form our D could actually be a scary good unit.   Ifs and butts.....

2 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

Matt Verderame @MattVerderame

ICYMI... Source tells me the #Chiefs expect LDT back within a month, putting him potentially on schedule to play against Ravens or Chargers come mid-December.

That would be helpful.  So does Wiley sit or does someone move to center?  Or does Morse come back until his next head knocker?

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

That would be helpful.  So does Wiley sit or does someone move to center?  Or does Morse come back until his next head knocker?

Morse should sit as depth the rest of the year. If he does not retire then try to sign him to a very manageable contract as depth with us if not let him go. He is done with so many concussions and I rather sign or draft another center.

28 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Morse should sit as depth the rest of the year. If he does not retire then try to sign him to a very manageable contract as depth with us if not let him go. He is done with so many concussions and I rather sign or draft another center.

Agree.  Just thinking of the remainder of this season if he's cleared to play again.

We could sure use him this week against that interior pass rush.  With that said our Oline overall has played pretty admirably minus this last game.  Getting LDT back would be huge and getting Wiley these reps only helps.   As to the other issue, we need to find another C this offseason instead of overpaying for Morse.  Love his ability but he can't say on the field.

12 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

Matt Verderame @MattVerderame

ICYMI... Source tells me the #Chiefs expect LDT back within a month, putting him potentially on schedule to play against Ravens or Chargers come mid-December.

Sounds like they are targetting the playoffs for the full return. Should be a nice boost to the OL if he doesn't have any setbacks. 

Archived