Azteca Stadium Field is not in good shape right now, NFL getting involved

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't imagine they can't get the field ready within a weeks time.  24 hour round the clock workers can easily get it ready. 

I mean, it's just grass.  Worst case scenario is rolling out all new sodding and prepping that to NFL standards.

10 minutes ago, dksww said:

I can't imagine they can't get the field ready within a weeks time.  24 hour round the clock workers can easily get it ready. 

I mean, it's just grass.  Worst case scenario is rolling out all new sodding and prepping that to NFL standards.

i heard on the radio that it is a mixture of synthetic materials and real grass, not sure how that affects replacing it

not sure if you could just roll out grass and have it be stable enough for our players to make moves on and be safe, the last thing i would

want is to see Hill, Hunt or Kelce etc rolling around in pain with major knee injury

6 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Hope no one gets hurt. NFL players union should be a stop this greedy risky marketing ploy.

Agreed. I can't stand the NFL playing games in other countries. It's so stupid, a lot of the countries for the most part don't even care about American football. 

I don't think freshly laid grass would be useful as it's too soft and causes injuries but something synthetic could be the answer here. However NFL should be looking into these things with more than a week to the game. Also f*ck this stupid marketing games abroad. I've been to a London game once and it was boring as hell compared to any game in US. People like watching but only a few are fans which is never enough to get the mood going. 

NFL games should be played in..... nfl stadiums. Playing games in foreign countries is stupid to begin with, let alone trusting unaffiliated entities with such important things as having the field ready. On top of that, I’m sure that security is a nightmare as well. There’s not a single good reason for these games.  

These dumb games could be stopped if the owners stopped being greedy. The NFL will have jumped the shark if they put franchises in London or Mexico. Canada only makes sense because almost all their major population centers are close to the US border. So travel isn’t as big a deal. I don’t see NFL players wanting to live in Mexico.

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

I don't think freshly laid grass would be useful as it's too soft and causes injuries but something synthetic could be the answer here. However NFL should be looking into these things with more than a week to the game. Also f*ck this stupid marketing games abroad. I've been to a London game once and it was boring as hell compared to any game in US. People like watching but only a few are fans which is never enough to get the mood going. 

I fully expect Jax to become co based in London in the next decade.  The new Tottenham Stadium is being designed with football in mind and will include a separate synthetic field which will only be used for NFL games.  

6 hours ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Sounds like it wouldn't have mattered. They said the field was screwed from a Shakira concert on the 11th.

Concerts do become rough but this just seems like a terrible organization, not to mention allowing it since the sports season is already under way.

5 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I fully expect Jax to become co based in London in the next decade.  The new Tottenham Stadium is being designed with football in mind and will include a separate synthetic field which will only be used for NFL games.  

Talk about a greedy owner ruining a franchise. 

4 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Does thiabhelp us though with Gurkey running on a poor field? I know we rely on speed too but as a runner like him can it help is slowing him down?

If the turf is as bad as the photos suggest I don't think it helps either team. Pretty much any player can be injured which will be a concern on both sides of the ball that every player will try to avoid. 

7 hours ago, sith13 said:

Talk about a greedy owner ruining a franchise. 

Get used to it because every major sports league around the world  is either already playing games on foreign soil or will be soon.   As far as field conditions I’m actually more concerned with air quality and altitude. This is significantly higher than Denver with air quality worse than LA.    

4 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Get used to it because every major sports league around the world  is either already playing games on foreign soil or will be soon.   As far as field conditions I’m actually more concerned with air quality and altitude. This is significantly higher than Denver with air quality worse than LA.    

Altitude nor air quality will tear ACLs/MCLs or injur a player. Shitty fields will.

Archived