Azteca Stadium Field is not in good shape right now, NFL getting involved

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 minute ago, Balto said:

Yup looks like Rams get a Home game ERRRRR

I’m good with that.  This is a best case scenario for the chiefs.  It’s an nfc road game, so it’s fairly insignificant as it has no effect on tie breakers. If we win, we have the best record in football.  If we lose, we still have the best record in the afc and another road game is off the schedule.  In the grand scheme of things this game is more important to the rams simply because it’s a home game. Great news

9 minutes ago, dksww said:

Schefter just reported the game will be played in Los Angeles

Thank goodness. There is a reason Mexican and Central Americans leave these countries. Why the heck should anyone play down to these awful standards. I even worry about player safety in this kind of venue from the cartel / terrorist angle. Are we sure we want to trust such a visible event to Mexican governments?

So Reid decided to stay with the routine vs Rams moving players and family to Colo. for the week. No doubt they are not on a normal schedule. Do feel for those that had their homes burned and life disrupted. But its GAME on.

When it comes to the actual game, the Chiefs might have a slight advantage, given the Rams’ decision to move their operation to Colorado in order to prepare their lungs for the higher altitudes of Mexico City.

Rams plan to stay in Colorado until the weekend. Team arrived last night. No need to turn back around immediately.

27 people are talking about this

3 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Nowhere near the stadium. Getting my tickets asap. 

$51 one way flights from Phoenix to LA!!!!  

Looks like Rams season ticket holders can purchase reg seats PLUS 4 extra starting Wed 10am and then tickets open to public 3 hours later at 1pm.

2 hours ago, soonerborn77 said:

Adam Schefter‏ @AdamSchefter

If Monday night’s game is played in Mexico City, a number of Rams and Chiefs players are now strongly considering not playing in that game on that messy surface, per sources. “It’s not fair to risk our health,” one prominent player said today.

It's hard to believe most players would sit out when both teams are playing for HFA.  Either both TEAMS refuse to play or all players play would be my prediction.  Hopefully, it doesn't come to that.  Moving the game to LA might make sense if the players walk out.  Postponing the game would be tricky.  When would they play without disrupting the rest of the season?  By contract, the Chiefs get their bye week and there's no other time to play.

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

It's hard to believe most players would sit out when both teams are playing for HFA.  Either both TEAMS refuse to play or all players play would be my prediction.  Hopefully, it doesn't come to that.  Moving the game to LA might make sense if the players walk out.  Postponing the game would be tricky.  When would they play without disrupting the rest of the season?  By contract, the Chiefs get their bye week and there's no other time to play.

Game moved to LA.

7 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

So from one 3rd world country to another, great.

YAWN................LA and SoCal is awesome. Too bad you are not able to attend the game. I enjoy traveling to see the Chiefs in KC. Another awesome big city with beautiful areas and some areas not so nice. Love KC and SoCal/LA.

7 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

YAWN................LA and SoCal is awesome. Too bad you are not able to attend the game.

Been there, never want to go back. Traffic sucks, crime sucks, their interpretation of the constitution and laws suck, pollution sucks, no snow sucks, Dodgers, Lakers, Bruins and USC fans suck. Cost of living sucks. Damn, what's good about it?

Edited:

Actually I prefer to watch games on TV. No assholes to deal with but me, can watch replays, cheaper beer, no waiting in line to take a piss, no driving in traffic. Yep prefer to watch at home.

3 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Been there, never want to go back. Traffic sucks, crime sucks, their interpretation of the constitution and laws suck, pollution sucks, no snow sucks, Dodgers, Lakers, Bruins and USC fans suck. Cost of living sucks. Damn, what's good about it?

Not the topic. Enjoy your day and thanks for your well informed,  inspirational, educational and non discriminating response. You are a class act.

Archived