Azteca Stadium Field is not in good shape right now, NFL getting involved

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

14 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

To be fair, getting around LA does suck and it's the only place in the world I've ever received a parking ticket.

And the air quality is an F across the board according to the American Lung Association. 

This is not counting the fires.

Is the 3rd least affordable metro area according to the LA Daily News.

2 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

And the air quality is an F across the board according to the American Lung Association. 

This is not counting the fires.

Air quality in LA is ten thousand times better than Mexico City, even with the fires.

I'd rather take a loss in LA than deal with all the hassle that comes with playing there.  About the only real positives would be Jason Witten somehow getting lost while there and ESPN would be forced to provide a crew that isn't awful.

Cool. A friend of mine is a season ticket holder already in Mexico on vacation. Got his 4 seats. Good location. Expect a lot of Chiefs fans there. KC had way more fans that the Chargers did but the Rams have a much better fan base. Maybe 50/50 Monday? 

2 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Air quality in LA is ten thousand times better than Mexico City, even with the fires.

I'd rather take a loss in LA than deal with all the hassle that comes with playing there.  About the only real positives would be Jason Witten somehow getting lost while there and ESPN would be forced to provide a crew that isn't awful.

I agree on the Witten issue.

However, comparing the air quality is like comparing crime between St. Louis and Baltimore. 😉

Its been a few years since I have last been in LA by now, but the air quality was ok the last time I went.

Now the beyond stupid toll system and the parking ticket I received because very edge of front bumper had touched the beginning of the white line in parking spot, not impeding any other actual parking spots, is a different story.

2 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Its been a few years since I have last been in LA by now, but the air quality was ok the last time I went.

Now the beyond stupid toll system and the parking ticket I received because very edge of front bumper had touched the beginning of the white line in parking spot, not impeding any other actual parking spots, is a different story.

Quitcher Whinin'.  They need your money out there. 😄

What the mother freakin hell!!! 

Just heard on the news that the game is moved to LA!!! They just gifted them home field advantage. If you can call that home field advantage. 

Is this Shit true? 

Should we care? 

Chiefs can still win you manipulating assholes!! 

3 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Just heard on the news that the game is moved to LA!!! They just gifted them home field advantage. If you can call that home field advantage. 

Is this Shit true? 

Should we care? 

What did you expect?  It's a LA home game that was moved to Mexico.  If not played in Mexico City, LA would be the natural place to go.

7 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Is this Shit true? 

Should we care? 

It was their home game to begin with. Plenty of KC fans will be there.

5 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

It’s bullshit guys. That’s not fair and a clear indication that the NFL favors the Los Angeles market to fair play in the NFL for the sake of their own interests. This is such a crock of shit!! 

We got 8 home games.  They had 7 and 1 in Mexico. Now they have 8 same as everyone except the London team that lost a home game.  It’s not unfair. Just a change back to how it would have been. 

Just now, reesebobby said:

We got 8 home games.  They had 7 and 1 in Mexico. Now they have 8 same as everyone except the London team that lost a home game.  It’s not unfair. Just a change back to how it would have been. 

Uh, think you’re a great poster, love your insight, but no, this is a screw job as they have just given the Rams home field advantage. 

6 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Uh, think you’re a great poster, love your insight, but no, this is a screw job as they have just given the Rams home field advantage. 

Yes.  It was a home game for them.  Everyone gets 8.  They forfeited one for the good of the nfl.  Now they have 8 true home games.  And we have 8 true road games. Same as us and everyone else.  

7 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

It would have been played in LA anyways?  We get hosed but we had to travel either way and I think all of our players would rather play on a legit field than the garbage in Mexico City.    If we want to be considered elite we have to win games like this.

Just now, Lamardirts said:

It would have been played in LA anyways?  We get hosed but we had to travel either way and I think all of our players would rather play on a legit field than the garbage in Mexico City.    If we want to be considered elite we have to win games like this.

And to think the Chiefs didn't jump through the hoops to prepare for this game. 

18 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

And to think the Chiefs didn't jump through the hoops to prepare for this game. 

Yep, they lost travel day to there and a travel day back. Screwed them more than us moving it back to LA. They had it in Mexico City which is not much of a travel for their home game in the first place but now it really helps us as we treat it as a normal LA game we did with the Chargers anyways.

Archived